More Katrina - 25 - 30 Bodies Found In Nursing Home - My Prediction

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
CNN just reported that they found between 25 and 30 bodies in a nursing home.

I predict that the nursing home staff abandoned them.

GotZoom said:
CNN just reported that they found between 25 and 30 bodies in a nursing home.

I predict that the nursing home staff abandoned them.

I heard this report yesterday on CNBC. They said the staff only had the ability to evacuate 50% of the people, so they chose the ones they thought would survive and left the rest to die.

nucular said:
I heard this report yesterday on CNBC. They said the staff only had the ability to evacuate 50% of the people, so they chose the ones they thought would survive and left the rest to die.

if they are in a "nursing home" they are all just killing time...this is why I told my kids if I were this close....just let me buy a 24 pack of Bud Lite...go out to the forrest and sit under a Pine Tree...during winter... and wait for God to call me home...at least my body would be smiling for the corner...don't read into this something weird...just a fun loving kinda guys opinion and last will...lol

archangel said:
if they are in a "nursing home" they are all just killing time...this is why I told my kids if I were this close....just let me buy a 24 pack of Bud Lite...go out to the forrest and sit under a Pine Tree...during winter... and wait for God to call me home...at least my body would be smiling for the corner...don't read into this something weird...just a fun loving kinda guys opinion and last will...lol

Dude, Bud Light, if you're gonna die anyway go for some nice Scotch. Don't have to watch your weight in the afterworld.

Otherwise sounds like a good plan.

nucular said:
Anyone know when this evacuation occurred? Day, date etc?

nucular said:
Dude, Bud Light, if you're gonna die anyway go for some nice Scotch. Don't have to watch your weight in the afterworld.

At home, the woods or near a nice trout stream, for me...Never in a Hospital or a nursing Home...

Some people know what life is about and want to participate until the end-to abandon them is criminal. My mom had had 2 major strokes and untold number of small ones. We kept her in my home for 2 years with 24 hour nursing care. For the majority of her last year, we had to put her in a nursing home. Her congnitive abilities dimished quite a bit, but in 2004, at the height of the democratic primaries, she could not only name the major contenders, she literally cackled when Dean went into meltdown.

Now she may not have been adding to the 'general welfare' of society, but she brightened up the staff and her family. To have left her to die, alone, would have been beyond sick. The staff should be prosecuted.

nucular said:

just like the taste of Bud Lite...shame on me...scotch is okay...but it would knock ya out faster...would like to kinda savoir the moment..ya know belching and a farting going out!...lol :bat:

Kathianne said:
Some people know what life is about and want to participate until the end-to abandon them is criminal. My mom had had 2 major strokes and untold number of small ones. We kept her in my home for 2 years with 24 hour nursing care. For the majority of her last year, we had to put her in a nursing home. Her congnitive abilities dimished quite a bit, but in 2004, at the height of the democratic primaries, she could not only name the major contenders, she literally cackled when Dean went into meltdown.

Now she may not have been adding to the 'general welfare' of society, but she brightened up the staff and her family. To have left her to die, alone, would have been beyond sick. The staff should be prosecuted.
This is IMO one of the most difficult things we must face in life.
Mine are both gone, now..My wifes' mom is still at home with her husband.
She is 84 and declining fast, I dread the day.

Mr. P said:
This is IMO one of the most difficult things we must face in life.
Mine are both gone, now..My wifes' mom is still at home with her husband.
She is 84 and declining fast, I dread the day.

We as a society lose when we abandon the sick and elderly. Not only for what they can tell us, but for what we have been.

Kathianne said:
We as a society lose when we abandon the sick and elderly. Not only for what they can tell us, but for what we have been.
Oh HELL YES! I think that's part of why us older folks get so pissed at the youth..We're here now, we can teach you tons of stuff, if ya get the chit outta yer ears!!

Mr. P said:
Oh HELL YES! I think that's part of why us older folks get so pissed at the youth..We're here now, we can teach you tons of stuff, if ya get the chit outta yer ears!!
What WE have been and what YOU can be. No shit.

Mr. P said:
Well, yeah...But I was thinking more like...here are the BIG mistakes I made...don't do it, learn from me. All the same I guess..
My mom had been through the depression, other than holding onto a $, not much impact. She had weathered WWII and the 60's. After 9/11 she was like to my kids, "Be true to yourself and your faith, do what is right. Kick ass when needed." No joke.

I'm sorry I can't post a link because I heard it on TV, but apparently the staff physically only had enough vehicles for 1/2 the residents and took the ones they thought had the best chance. I guess they could have just left everyone behind. Maybe they thought they were doing the right thing. I wouldn't want to be in a position like that.

nucular said:
I'm sorry I can't post a link because I heard it on TV, but apparently the staff physically only had enough vehicles for 1/2 the residents and took the ones they thought had the best chance. I guess they could have just left everyone behind. Maybe they thought they were doing the right thing. I wouldn't want to be in a position like that.

How about they stayed with them? Evacuated to highest point possible?

nucular said:

There was also a story where a nursing homes van was carjacked. I don't have any idea if this was the same place or not. I'm not going to judge the people working there though since they might have had families they were worried about and needed to get to.

Abbey Normal said:
This reminds me of that scene in Titanic when the elderly couple just hugged each other in their bed while the water rose around them. It's so sad.

yes-Sad----How long do you think it will take us as a country to complete the grief cycle? We're doing just great with the anger stage and there are still those who haven't even through denial.

nucular said:

If this and the other post about the van being hijacked is true, then those people involved - staff who left the elderly and the car jackers - should be drawn and quartered.

Forum List

Back