More jobs in unemployment than with Keystone

Here is a fact you people may not be thinking of.

The unemployment checks get spent in the local economy.

They keep people from losing their homes and causing more economic disaster for the country.

You keep proving how pathetically dependent you liberals are on government. What do you think will happen if with the welfare checks stop? Every welfare recipent is just going to sit there and go 'well I guess that's it. Might as well just sit here and die now.'? No. Necessity is the mother of invention. When it gets to the point that you really have to do something different to survive, most people will. Continuing to pay people to not work is called enabling, not helping. Also, the notion that welfare money get's put into the economy is true. That is not job creation however. You aren't injecting MORE income into the economy to spur job growth. You're simply sustaining what's already there. Consutruction of the pipeline creates real jobs. Jobs that did not exist before. As I asked above why not just do both?

I'm sure jobs will just magically appear if we get rid of unemployment benefits...

Besides which, the idea that someone who sits on his ass 12 months, drawing $800 a month, then works a few months, then sits on his ass again for 12 months, has somehow "paid" what he is drawing out of uc is pure bullshit.

you have to work longer than a few months. and I doubt many if any gets 800 a month.

No, you have to work a certain number of quarters, and you have to have had a certain amount of income in the quarter that they are looking at in the month you apply.

I'm not removed from reality at all. I work with this stuff all day. I have clients who make upward of $200 a week in UC, and a month is 4.3 weeks. $200 x 4.3...you do the math.

They keep people from losing their homes and causing more economic disaster for the country.

You keep proving how pathetically dependent you liberals are on government. What do you think will happen if with the welfare checks stop? Every welfare recipent is just going to sit there and go 'well I guess that's it. Might as well just sit here and die now.'? No. Necessity is the mother of invention. When it gets to the point that you really have to do something different to survive, most people will. Continuing to pay people to not work is called enabling, not helping. Also, the notion that welfare money get's put into the economy is true. That is not job creation however. You aren't injecting MORE income into the economy to spur job growth. You're simply sustaining what's already there. Consutruction of the pipeline creates real jobs. Jobs that did not exist before. As I asked above why not just do both?

I'm sure jobs will just magically appear if we get rid of unemployment benefits...

The jobs are there now.

The jobs are there now.

And you really believe that? :cuckoo:

There are jobs.

Of course, not as many as there would be if the libs would get their foot off the neck of industry. Shutting down our fishing and forest industries was retarded.

But there are still jobs to be had. And if there aren't, then we need to open up the forests and drill for oil and start producing again. You can't have jobs if you refuse to produce.

Stupid lefties...too good to sully their hands with work, they shut down all the industries that hired everybody, and then whine that there are no jobs...and think that the GOVERNMENT should pay people to not work., because work is "bad" for the environment.
How nauseating you are.

There are tons of jobs. That explains the 25 million people out of work...

There are jobs.

Of course, not as many as there would be if the libs would get their foot off the neck of industry. Shutting down our fishing and forest industries was retarded.

But there are still jobs to be had. And if there aren't, then we need to open up the forests and drill for oil and start producing again. You can't have jobs if you refuse to produce.

Forestry has just be shut down... that explains why the sector is booming...

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/USMINE?cid=32309

There are jobs.

Forestry has just be shut down... that explains why the sector is booming...

All Employees: Mining and logging (USMINE) - FRED - St. Louis Fed
The sector is only booming when you compare it to what it was over the last 10 years.

In the 80s, it was quite effectively shut down almost completely. I live in timber country. The mills are gone. The loggers are gone. The jobs are gone.

Put up a profile on career builder or monster. Then come back and tell me there aren't any jobs.

And they run out, eventually. Extending them forever is not going to be possible.

Big money plays you corporate right wingnuts like a banjo. 'The Washington Examiner is owned by a conservative billionaire, it's a prime source of conservative misinformation and extreme claims, and its writers attended a secret gathering last year hosted by the conservative Koch brothers.' You fools should wear dunce hats with the Koch brothers as your brain. Weird that the group that worships freedom is the most brainwashed group of people in the US of A. You clowns wouldn't know freedom if you fell over it.

"Not only does there seem to be widespread social fragmentation and disillusionment with democracy in the United States, but the possibility of reversing this sense of alienation appears to many of us to be already lost. Any democratic president who wants to institute the desperately needed reforms in health, welfare and the environment faces one of two options. He can stick by his reform program and suffer a loss of public confidence through orchestrated campaigns to publicly portray him as 'too liberal' and ineffectual (the Carter image) or too indecisive or sexually indiscreet (the Clinton image). Alternatively, a reforming democratic president can move further to the Right, forget his promises and become part of the propaganda campaign. Given the history of democratic propaganda in the United States, some of us doubt that another Roosevelt or New Deal is possible. The political system is now so attuned to business interests that this kind of reformer could no longer institute the substantial health, welfare, education, environmental and employment reforms the country needs." Andrew Lohrey, Introduction, Alex Carey "Taking the Risk Out of Democracy"

Big corp has become another watch word that means nothing to the lib mob.

There are a handful of big corp jobs in the cities. Real jobs have always been in industry. But left whackadoodles have shut industry down. Then they piss and moan that there aren't any jobs...when you close down auto making, oil drilling, fishing, woods, and land development, you effectively put most people out of work. Own it.

Big money plays you corporate right wingnuts like a banjo. 'The Washington Examiner is owned by a conservative billionaire, it's a prime source of conservative misinformation and extreme claims, and its writers attended a secret gathering last year hosted by the conservative Koch brothers.' You fools should wear dunce hats with the Koch brothers as your brain. Weird that the group that worships freedom is the most brainwashed group of people in the US of A. You clowns wouldn't know freedom if you fell over it.

"Not only does there seem to be widespread social fragmentation and disillusionment with democracy in the United States, but the possibility of reversing this sense of alienation appears to many of us to be already lost. Any democratic president who wants to institute the desperately needed reforms in health, welfare and the environment faces one of two options. He can stick by his reform program and suffer a loss of public confidence through orchestrated campaigns to publicly portray him as 'too liberal' and ineffectual (the Carter image) or too indecisive or sexually indiscreet (the Clinton image). Alternatively, a reforming democratic president can move further to the Right, forget his promises and become part of the propaganda campaign. Given the history of democratic propaganda in the United States, some of us doubt that another Roosevelt or New Deal is possible. The political system is now so attuned to business interests that this kind of reformer could no longer institute the substantial health, welfare, education, environmental and employment reforms the country needs." Andrew Lohrey, Introduction, Alex Carey "Taking the Risk Out of Democracy"

So can you tell me how paying people unemployment creates more jobs than a multi-billion dollar construction project?

This project is supposidly going to create 20K jobs.
GLI Study finds Keystone XL pipeline will create few jobs

There are 14 million people out of work.
Official: Total Unemployed at 16.2 Percent - Page 1 - Mike Shedlock - Townhall Finance

So this pieline will fix .001% of the total unemployment problem. I agree it's better than nothing, but this whole "It creates jobs" hysteria the Republicans are pitching at us is a little overblown IMO. This is no reason to risk doing even less than they are doing now, by using this as a reason to make political stands (and grandstanding).

This project is supposidly going to create 20K jobs.
GLI Study finds Keystone XL pipeline will create few jobs

There are 14 million people out of work.
Official: Total Unemployed at 16.2 Percent - Page 1 - Mike Shedlock - Townhall Finance

So this pieline will fix .001% of the total unemployment problem. I agree it's better than nothing, but this whole "It creates jobs" hysteria the Republicans are pitching at us is a little overblown IMO. This is no reason to risk doing even less than they are doing now, by using this as a reason to make political stands (and grandstanding).

It does create jobs. There is nothing untrue about that statement.

No matter what the alleged smartest president ever says, keeping people on unemployment does not create jobs.

We do have quite a few jobs going unfilled. What we don't have is an educated skilled workforce. We don't have college graduates who are capable of more than thinking of the liberal utopia they want.

To get the jobs back that Americans are still capable of doing, we have to get rid of obama and restore stability to the economy.

Forum List

Back