More Islamaphobia

I've seen newspapers not run other cartoons that might offend their readers...not limited to comics about Islam. Doonsebury and Boondocks comes to mind.

I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Are you really trying to go there?

What radicals?

Stop it lol.

The Radical Muslims who will be out in the streets calling for the head of the Editor and artists responsible for any Cartoon they do not like.

Are you just asking silly questions to be silly?

You mean the vast crowds that hit the streets in many Islamic countries. I thought the radicals were a small, mostly insignificant, minority.

The size of the Radical group among them is hard to gauge, mainly because the more moderate ones are either afraid to speak out, or not really as Moderate as some would have us believe.

I tend to think it is the latter.

It seems the Washington Post was one of a few major papers that pulled a Sunday comic because they were afraid of the backlash from Islam.

"Non Sequitur" is a popular comic that runs daily in about 800 newspapers, including this one. But the "Non Sequitur" cartoon that appeared in last Sunday's Post was not the one creator Wiley Miller drew for that day.

Editors at The Post and many other papers pulled the cartoon and replaced it with one that had appeared previously. They were concerned it might offend and provoke some Post readers, especially MuslimsMiller is fuming. The award-winning cartoonist, who lives in Maine, told me the cartoon was meant to satirize "the insanity of an entire group of people rioting and putting out a hit list over cartoons," as well as "media cowering in fear of printing any cartoon that contains the word 'Muhammad.' " ...

"The wonderful irony [is that] great newspapers like The Washington Post, that took on Nixon . . . run in fear of this very tame cartoon, thus validating the accuracy of the satire," he said by e-mail.
washingtonpost.com

What cartoon had the WaPo editors hiding in fear of Islam?

Arts & Living: Comics (washingtonpost.com)

These are the same people who call me afraid because I am say the GZM is insensitive.

Just something to think about.

Given Islam's actions in the past, I would call it prudent, not phobia. They went stark raving mad in Spain, and then there's that bounty on Salman Rushdie ....

Get some reality into your brain.:cuckoo:

Here are some realities for them.

Geert Wilders

Ayaan Hirsi

And let us not fprget the murder of Theo Van Ghoh because of his short film "Fitnah"...murdered in the streets of Amsterdam

That is a short list there are many more

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwOCUuILJIg&feature=related[/ame]

The radicals can take over any group and ruin it for a long time.

The south still suffers the stigma of the KKK
Germany is haunted by the NAZI
MSNBC has the progressives
Pro-life has had people murder doctors, (3 I think)
Pro-abortion has people demanding partial birth abortions on demand.
Islam has the terrorist.

What happens when you don't get the radicals hammered down before you lose control?

The KKK murdered around 1000 or more.
World War 2 ring a bell?
On and on.

My point is, is that the radicals in islam have taken over. When a cartoonist is marked for death for drawing moh, and the moderates say nothing, there's something not right with the whole group.

But it cracks me up. The people that defend them the most are the people that will suffer greatly under their VERY conservative rules.

It cracks me up as well. The people that spread the most fear about "creeping sharia" and Islam's inevitable "takeover" are the people who are most ideologically similar to them.

So why do lefties continually defend Islam and those who support Sharia Law like Imam Rauf? Are you mentally ill or stupid?

Given Islam's actions in the past, I would call it prudent, not phobia. They went stark raving mad in Spain, and then there's that bounty on Salman Rushdie ....

Get some reality into your brain.:cuckoo:

I have reality in my brain. What I am doing is calling them on playing the bigot card every time anyone speaks up about the dangers of Islam, while bowing to those same dangers they claim do not exist.

Islam has the terrorist.

What happens when you don't get the radicals hammered down before you lose control?

World War 2 ring a bell?
On and on.

My point is, is that the radicals in islam have taken over. When a cartoonist is marked for death for drawing moh, and the moderates say nothing, there's something not right with the whole group.

But it cracks me up. The people that defend them the most are the people that will suffer greatly under their VERY conservative rules.

It cracks me up as well. The people that spread the most fear about "creeping sharia" and Islam's inevitable "takeover" are the people who are most ideologically similar to them.

So why do lefties continually defend Islam and those who support Sharia Law like Imam Rauf? Are you mentally ill or stupid?

"Defend" Islam? I've never seen a "leftie" do that.

I've know plenty of liberals who respect the Constitution more than fear-mongering, and will "defend" Islam's rights as defined in the First Amendment.

But never the religion itself.

"God is Great."

I get it.

Now fuck off.

Or better yet lets get shitfaced on bacon salt beer.

Islam has the terrorist.

World War 2 ring a bell?
On and on.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

From Two Thumbs: "My point is, is that the radicals in islam have taken over. When a cartoonist is marked for death for drawing moh, and the moderates say nothing, there's something not right with the whole group."

Because there is no such thing as moderate muslims when you follow the koran and sharia like a real muslim does, why can't anyone understand that?

This message is hidden because Ravi is on your ignore list. :clap2:

From Two Thumbs: "My point is, is that the radicals in islam have taken over. When a cartoonist is marked for death for drawing moh, and the moderates say nothing, there's something not right with the whole group."

Because there is no such thing as moderate muslims when you follow the koran and sharia like a real muslim does, why can't anyone understand that?

Because you're wrong, of course. I'm Jewish, but I'm not a Hassid - does that make me "not really Jewish"?

Because you're wrong, of course. I'm Jewish, but I'm not a Hassid - does that make me "not really Jewish"?

No, it makes you a ****.

Forum List

Back