More Interesting News About Cindy Sheehan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GotZoom, Aug 11, 2005.

1. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    The family of American soldier Casey Sheehan, who was killed in Iraq on April 4, 2004, has broken its silence and spoken out against his mother Cindy Sheehan's anti-war vigil against George Bush held outside the president's Crawford, Texas ranch.

The following email was received by the DRUDGE REPORT from Cherie Quarterolo, Casey's aunt and godmother:

Our family has been so distressed by the recent activities of Cindy we are breaking our silence and we have collectively written a statement for release. Feel free to distribute it as you wish. Thanks Ð Cherie

In response to questions regarding the Cindy Sheehan/Crawford Texas issue: Sheehan Family Statement:

The Sheehan Family lost our beloved Casey in the Iraq War and we have been silently, respectfully grieving. We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports the troops, our country, and our President, silently, with prayer and respect.

Sincerely,

Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins.

----

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashcs.htm

2. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Good on 'em! It's pretty sad when the mother tries to make political noteriety over her dead son....I bet there are a few public appearances of good ol mom and her agenda on all the better TV talk shows (with appropriate monetary compensation of course).

3. kurtsprincess

kurtsprincess Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Love your tag line SM!

4. Beefheart

Beefheart Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The woman is courageous...to say the least. It isn't easy taking an anti war stance these days.
    Dissent in America is now considered an unpatriotic act in George Bush's America. ( Our founding fathers are rolling in their graves.)
    Sad times we are living in.

The more notoriety she gets...I won't be surprised for Karl Rove to call out the "Swift Boat Mothers for War" on her.
    Won't be long before she is Willie Hortonized !
    The Republican Slime Machine is fueling up...and members of this forum are already in line condemning her.

Whether you agree with the War in Iraq or not...she deserves respect for her courage to take such a stand.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

LOL you just ignor the previous article about her, nearly a year old. Not too mention the family coming out against her today. Fool. Or maybe it's Tool.

6. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    She praised him first; now she has joined the "bash-machine."

Following in Mr. Kerry's footsteps?

Attached Files:

7. Beefheart

Beefheart Guest

Ratings:
    +0

I didn't ignore anything....Does it mean her family is right and she is wrong. I think not. This is not a popularity contest like you might think.
    Lot of blind patriotism going around...Lots of people are tools of this administration. Sounds like you drank the Kool Ade.
    I guess Fool is ok and asshole isn't.
    Funny.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Ah it's you and Cindy drinking the Kool-Aid.

9. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    :slap:

Attached Files:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Beefheart

Beefheart Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Losing a son will do that to you.

Anyone who DOESN'T change their mind with change of events ...isn't thinking..

Again....you and everyone at this forum forgets...more Americans think this war was a mistake and that we are more unsafe b/c of it...than think like you.
    The tide has turned. The far right is now in the minority.

And as far as bush-bashing....refer to my comments about dissent in America.

And shall I list the countless ways Bush has flip flipped in his career ?

Simplistic terms...meaning nothing.