More Indian troops on China border

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
From the Pakistan Daily Times:
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

NEW DELHI: Is a repeat of the 1962 Sino-India war looming large? Though played down by the Indian government for diplomatic reasons, 30,000 additional troops – with weaponry and artillery support – are being rushed to the country’s northeast region bordering China. Indian troops deployed on the disputed border with China are also being reinforced, following the second incursion in the Ladakh region in the last eight months.
It's not looking good over there folks.

Although something to monitor, I have no reason to think that China has any desires of expansionism into India. China has an isolationist and protectionist mentality. To that end, China is interested in keeping its buffer zones (Myamar, southesast Asia, for example) and will do almost all that it can to keep them totally sympathetic and dependent on China. China knows that trying to make India into a buffer zone is a cost they are not willing to pay, IMHO.

Despite what a lot like to think, people always do things that are credible to their own point of view. If the Indian are putting troops on the Northeast border, they are doing it for a reason, and it isn't to expand into china. China is probably not necessarily trying to expand into india. a war between those population heavy countires would destroy them both. Rather China is getting ready to push india to a point, and then stop. Probably to take advantage of whatever they were aiming to get. The country as a whole is not the goal of China

Although something to monitor, I have no reason to think that China has any desires of expansionism into India. China has an isolationist and protectionist mentality. To that end, China is interested in keeping its buffer zones (Myamar, southesast Asia, for example) and will do almost all that it can to keep them totally sympathetic and dependent on China. China knows that trying to make India into a buffer zone is a cost they are not willing to pay, IMHO.

I dont know... China's population situation is rather unique. They have alot of young males and few young females. It may lead to much more instability than you realize.

New Topics

Forum List

Back