More important to you? Holding your side accountable or winning?

I've said for years that the reason that our country is in the mess we're in, especially financially, is due to the fact that each party, mainly the partisans, do NOT hold their own responsible for their actions or promises.

So, I ask you, is it more important to you that your side win? Or is it more important that you hold a politician, from your side, accountable for his or her actions/promises? Because from where I sit, partisans aren't holding anyone responsible except the other side.

This is about Noot Gin Grinch...isn't it?

Excellent thread!!!

BTW...I believe in holding my party's feet to the fire. Ask John Edwards.

Why can't you do both?
Winning or holding them accountable?

Both. otherwise where is the win?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! ...too funny!

49izadw.gif

You'll hold them accountable by throwing them your vote every time, no matter what? How's that been working out?

I see it every election. Voters always put accountability on the back burner. In between elections they talk a big game, but as soon as the election comes around the voters go "omgwtfbbqsauce!! We have to stop the opposition at all costs". And accountability never happens. This is why Washington is the way it is. They know they can do whatever the fuck they want, and idiot voters will STILL vote them.
Exactly.

If voters aren't willing to lose to stand to their principles there is no in the world that they are holding their politicians accountable. The politicians know this.

Have you ever noticed that they always say..."This election is too important" and/or "This election is the most important election in the world." How much you wanna bet that line gets stated every other election?

All the terrible things Republicans have done in the last thirty year and they won't admit any of it.

And how many terrible things that the Dems have done, will you hold them accountable for? Lemme guess: The Dems have NEVER done anything wrong! :lol:

I've said for years that the reason that our country is in the mess we're in, especially financially, is due to the fact that each party, mainly the partisans, do NOT hold their own responsible for their actions or promises.

So, I ask you, is it more important to you that your side win? Or is it more important that you hold a politician, from your side, accountable for his or her actions/promises? Because from where I sit, partisans aren't holding anyone responsible except the other side.

Sending the Boy King packing is priority numero uno there Buckwheat... we will not survive four more yrears of this reckless dunderhead and his merry band of Marxist looters.

At the end of the day, I gotta make a call before I walk into the voting booth. Which guy are we going to be better off with, which direction will they take us in and do I think his/her way is the better way. I've never been a member or supporter of any party, pac, group, or campaign, I don't owe anybody anything. So the idea of voting so I can say my side won is pretty stupid. I like the idea of kicking somebody out of office if I think they've not done a good enough job, but not if I think the next guy will be worse.

Forum List

Back