More important to you? Holding your side accountable or winning?

CaughtInTheMid

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2012
I've said for years that the reason that our country is in the mess we're in, especially financially, is due to the fact that each party, mainly the partisans, do NOT hold their own responsible for their actions or promises.

So, I ask you, is it more important to you that your side win? Or is it more important that you hold a politician, from your side, accountable for his or her actions/promises? Because from where I sit, partisans aren't holding anyone responsible except the other side.

I've said for years that the reason that our country is in the mess we're in, especially financially, is due to the fact that each party, mainly the partisans, do NOT hold their own responsible for their actions or promises.

So, I ask you, is it more important to you that your side win? Or is it more important that you hold a politician, from your side, accountable for his or her actions/promises? Because from where I sit, partisans aren't holding anyone responsible except the other side.

More important to you? Holding your side accountable or winning?

Neither. As an ***Independent*** I have no side except what I believe is in the best interest of America and the American people. Partisan hacks and their divisiveness is the problem in this country and until narrow minded bigots can look to the welfare of all then we are in a sad state. If we insist that only one view point is correct then we have missed life and the richness that being able to absorb others with an open mind can endow us with. There is a middle ground. We were given many perspectives so that as a group we may be able to see a consensus, a meeting of minds, strength in numbers. Untill we can get back to that level of respect we are doomed to the same sorry outlook we have endured these several some years.

Stop with the sides already. The swelling ranks of ***Independents*** are tiring of it.

A deceptively simple question without a simple answer, just because someone does not abandon their politicians and jump on the opposition smearwagon does not mean they are not holding their politicians accountable, they are just avoiding giving the opposition justification for what is usually an unfounded, misinformed smear.

A deceptively simple question without a simple answer, just because someone does not abandon their politicians and jump on the opposition smearwagon does not mean they are not holding their politicians accountable, they are just avoiding giving the opposition justification for what is usually an unfounded, misinformed smear.

i was mainly talking about fiscal responsibility.

All the terrible things Republicans have done in the last thirty year and they won't admit any of it.

That, at least, is a simple answer, more than anything else federal spending is a group effort where none of them can truthfully claim the ability to get it under control. The truth is that even the most fanatical budget hawk will not vote for major job loses in their district or state or that of their political allies.

That, at least, is a simple answer, more than anything else federal spending is a group effort where none of them can truthfully claim the ability to get it under control. The truth is that even the most fanatical budget hawk will not vote for major job loses in their district or state or that of their political allies.

so are you saying that you would vote for continued deeper federal debt?

I'm saying that there is no way to vote for significant spending cuts because once the cameras are off and those people are behind closed doors they are looking to cash in for their district and cronies, all of them.

I'm saying that there is no way to vote for significant spending cuts because once the cameras are off and those people are behind closed doors they are looking to cash in for their district and cronies, all of them.

which means that you will be casting a vote for continued increased federal debt. i don't think many people have the courage to admit what they're voting for.

which means that you will be casting a vote for continued increased federal debt. i don't think many people have the courage to admit what they're voting for.

Lesser of the two evils as usual, it is inconceivable that I would not vote.

Lesser of the two evils as usual, it is inconceivable that I would not vote.

or you could vote only for candidates whose number one objective is to lower our national debt. and if they don't exist, you vote third party. that's the only way to remove politicians who take us deeper in debt. the problem is not the politicians who take us deeper in debt, it's the voters who put them in office to do so.

i don't think you guys are doing both...

us-debt-graph-2020.jpg

I'll disagree with you.

The important thing is to remember we're all on the same side. That is what is missing.
Which is why I'm a political independent; if anything I'm a Democrat only because they are closer to my views than the other side.

I'll disagree with you.

The important thing is to remember we're all on the same side. That is what is missing.
Which is why I'm a political independent; if anything I'm a Democrat only because they are closer to my views than the other side.

are you saying i'm wrong because you believe that each side IS holding their representatives responsible (for things like the national debt)?

I'll disagree with you.

are you saying i'm wrong because you believe that each side IS holding their representatives responsible (for things like the national debt)?

No sir. I'm saying that your wishes are misplaced. We need to end the mindless partisanship and accept that there is plenty of blame to go around. Once we get passed that, we can start to address the crisis

Forum List

Back