More Important: The Family You Inherited or The Family You Made?

Which of Your Families is More Important to You

• The Family I Inherited

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • The Family I Made for Myself

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Other: Please Explain

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Anachronism

Rookie
Jan 30, 2011
New England
We all have two families in our lives. We have the biological family that we inherited; that is our parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, etc.... We also have the family that we have made for ourselves; our friends, acquaintances, our spouse, our children, and those members of our biological family that we choose to remain close to.

Which one of those families is more important to you, and why?

due to family dynamics i only have one family the family i made

my inherited family has done nothing but turn their back on me and go for the money....

Who you choose to associate with, care about, love and cherish is far more important than the random associations created by your birth.

I understand that family ties are a matter of tradition and are usually instilled from a young age; our choices as adults are the only ones that truly matter, however. Having a strong connection with biological family can be very useful in many ways, emotionally, financially, etc....but at the same time I've often seen people get far more negative from certain family members than positive, yet they continue to associate with those people because of the ties of blood over which they had no control.

There's nothing wrong with having a strong sense of family. I just consider it obvious that it's more important who you want to be around than who you have to.

Look at Alan Keyes, Michelle Bachmann and Newt Gingrich. They all turned their backs on family members.

Look at Alan Keyes, Michelle Bachmann and Newt Gingrich. They all turned their backs on family members.

Fucktardery aside, My wife, kids, and most fellow church members are the family that mean more to me then my biological. My folks are rabid hippies, My brothers are heroin addicts, my aunts and uncles are all crazy as shit house Rats. My Wife and kids and I have been through so much, and the guys I work with are truly good folks as well.

My biological family is finished, I only talk to my dad like once a week, have not talked to my mother or siblings in more than 3 years, I have a brother in Wasco State Penetentiary in California who I haven't spoken to in more than 4 years, he gets out next week.

Wesco is nasty. My oldest Brother turned 18 in Pelican Bay. He is nothing more then a whidbey island pecker wood, and just as worthless.

Last edited:
I have only one family, some people in it share my bloodline, others do not.... but we are all one big, mostly happy, family.

Wesco is nasty. My oldest Brother turned 18 in Pelican Bay. He is nothing more then a whidbey island pecker wood, and just as worthless.

My brother is a fucking loser, he has been in and out of prison for the last 3 years, this recent stint at Wasco has been about a year and a half, he is in for domestic abuse towards his girlfriend, who is an ex girlfriend of mine, abusing and neglecting his children, one of them almost choked to death on an oxycodone pill he left out, dealing drugs, failing a drug test on parole, the list goes on. I can honestly say the world would be a better place without him.

Forum List

Back