More immigration judges are sent to California and other states amid Trump deportation crackdown

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
The Justice Department said Friday that it will temporarily transfer immigration judges to six detention centers mostly near the U.S. border with Mexico in an effort to put President Trump's immigration directives into effect.

The department's Executive Office for Immigration Review said the transfers to four locations in Texas and one each in Louisiana and New Mexico will occur Monday. Judges were previously moved to two immigration detention centers in San Diego and Adelanto in California.

....The clogged immigration courts have gotten less attention than other aspects of Trump's orders, such as construction of a wall on the 2,000-mile border with Mexico and the addition of 5,000 Border Patrol agents and 10,000 Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers and agents. There was a backlog of 542,646 cases at the end of January, including 20,856 people who were being held in custody.

More immigration judges are sent to California and other states amid Trump deportation crackdown

Until they get the other judges hired this is going to be process. This has been an ongoing issue.

The Justice Department said Friday that it will temporarily transfer immigration judges to six detention centers mostly near the U.S. border with Mexico in an effort to put President Trump's immigration directives into effect.

The department's Executive Office for Immigration Review said the transfers to four locations in Texas and one each in Louisiana and New Mexico will occur Monday. Judges were previously moved to two immigration detention centers in San Diego and Adelanto in California.

....The clogged immigration courts have gotten less attention than other aspects of Trump's orders, such as construction of a wall on the 2,000-mile border with Mexico and the addition of 5,000 Border Patrol agents and 10,000 Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers and agents. There was a backlog of 542,646 cases at the end of January, including 20,856 people who were being held in custody.

Until they get the other judges hired this is going to be process. This has been an ongoing issue.

Does Amendment IX guarantee a quick and speedy trial? I think it must or Trump would not be sending a lot of Judges.

Does Amendment IX guarantee a quick and speedy trial? I think it must or Trump would not be sending a lot of Judges.
Not familiar with the amendments?

There should have been more judges hired under the last administration. It has been a major issue.

There should have been more judges hired under the last administration. It has been a major issue.

I took Civil Law for one year in High School and that is the limit of my civil legal training. I know Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus and that is the limit of my knowledge of Criminal Law but have done Jury Duty more than once.

I took Civil Law for one year in High School and that is the limit of my civil legal training. I know Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus and that is the limit of my knowledge of Criminal Law but have done Jury Duty more than once.
Two things you need to know about the law.
  1. It's open to interpretation which can lead to uneven justice
  2. Lawyers are assumed to be under oath but lie in court every day

Forum List

Back