More idiocy from Rev. Jeb Bush

Kathianne said:
By that logic: Simply put, homosexual teachings and agendas have no place in public schools. Because not every student, nigh, not 1 in a 100 students is homosexual or has 'two mommies' or 'two daddies' or whatever combo is being pushed. Those who feel that their children need this kind of support, should have their own schools to provide it.

are their any accurate stats on gay and lesbians ?? probably not just asking though. Whisper :duh3: (gabrielle is just showboating)

Adam's Apple said:
Gabby, having a college degree does not preclude one from being a member of the "dropout" hippie culture. I think you assumed when I used the word "dropout" that I meant from education. I was talking about dropping out from society, rebelling against its rules, regulations and authority, wanting to travel one's one path, free as a bird. There is a hippie commune about 20 miles from where I live. Many of its members have college degrees, but they are dropouts from society. They can't see the merit of being a member of regular society where they would have to get a job, pay taxes, get legally married, etc. Too much responsibility for them to have to carry.

You are correct in saying that the large majority of parents have raised their children in strong, Christian-based households. These children did not turn out "perfect", which is not the intention, but they did turn out to be law-abiding, upstanding citizens who are mature enough to abide by the rules and regulations of society and accept the responsibilities that go along with such membership. I have two married daughters who were raised in a liberal college town, and neither one ever gave us a minute's trouble, so it is not impossible to raise children by society's rules, regulations and expectations and have them turn out well. The post Merlin made in response to you attests to that as well.

You should have paid attention to those Christian teachings you were exposed to in your youth. They surely could have made a difference in your life. It's still not too late.

Unfortunately you like gabby are making blanket statements. How many people in that hippe commune have you actually met and talked too. Can you really say that a person is guaranteed to become a law abiding simply by bieng raised Christian with good morals and ethics, no you cant, nor can you say that society would be somehow better if their were no hippes. It would just be less interesting as we would have skipped over the crazy sixties the less crazy seventies and the so so crazy eighties etc (that really was irrelevant)
My point is that you can be a crazy hippe and still be a good person since in my view bieng a good person can transcend things like bieng a hippe or a Christian. Those things are simply choices we make with our lives that are only partially representative of who we are.
My point also is that contributing to society does not always mean that your a good person. Their are advantages (although few) to bieng a hippe and advantages to having a job. Besides it's all to easy to give a recipie for the perfect society.
Having a job is sorta better though

Yeah Heaven forbid you actually LIVE your religion and remain chaste before marriage and faithful afterwards. That is such a horrible lesson to teach children. How dare Christians suggest they have self respect and integrity and not encourage lots and lots of sexual contact with the illusion of safety like everyone else.

Unfortunately while abstinece is a good idea, we see more and more young people having sex earlier and earlier. Abstinece isnt bad it simply isnt all encompassing. Their are certain schools were sex before marriage is seen as evil and teachers misrepresent the facts or even lie to make it seem like a terrible thing they certainly dont portray the illusion of safety they create a false sense of danger by hyping all sorts of unrealistic possiblities i.e the condom broke story. Teachers in some schools are banned from even mentioning birth control which is a violation of free speech. Abstince only education is a serious issue because while it is clear that teenagers are having sex. Parents and adults feel like teaching kids about condoms and birth control is like encouraging them to have sex. It is a serious issue in this country that needs to be addressed without delay.

p.s please pardon my spelling :lame2:

Forum List

Back