More hypocritical Partisanship from the Dems...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040507-111818-7431r.htm

Kerry camp asks Rumsfeld to quit

By Charles Hurt
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

As Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld answered questions yesterday about abuse in an Iraqi prison run by the U.S. military, John Kerry's presidential campaign sent out a mass e-mail calling for Mr. Rumsfeld's resignation and asking for donations.
"Keep the ball rolling," wrote campaign manager Mary Beth Cahill. "Donate now!"

"Over the past week we have all been shocked by the pictures from the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq," wrote Ms. Cahill. "John Kerry has called on Donald Rumsfeld to resign, and today we're asking you to support him by adding your name to the call for Rumsfeld to resign."
In addition to allowing recipients to sign a petition demanding that Mr. Rumsfeld resign, the e-mail also permitted recipients to donate cash online.
Asked if the campaign was concerned about linking fund raising to the prisoner-abuse scandal, spokesman Chad Clanton initially said there was no mention of raising money in the e-mail.
After he was sent a copy of the e-mail with the fund-raising pitch, Mr. Clanton replied: "John Kerry has made it clear that our men and women in uniform deserve a Commander in Chief that takes responsibility for the bad as well as the good. The bottom line is: We need more than just a new Secretary of Defense. We need a new president."
Mr. Kerry also spoke about the abuse case in a speech yesterday before the Democratic Leadership Council.
"The chain of command goes all the way to the Oval Office," said Mr. Kerry. "America does not merely need a new secretary of defense. We need a new president."
In his speech in Arizona, Mr. Kerry also used the Iraqi prisoner-abuse scandal to harken to another common theme in his presidential campaign: As president, he would be a better ambassador to the world's foreign leaders.
"When I am president, I will demand accountability from those who serve, and I will take responsibility for their actions," Mr. Kerry said.

Kerry of all people has no room to talk about war atrocities. He admits to PERSONALLY committing them. Rumsfield is in charge of 200,000 troops of which 12 committed terrible acts. This just shows their motives are political when they attach this to a donation request for the campaign.

Well slap my butt and call me Amos-----How DARE Kerry sneak up on us like that! Bet he sells the"families'" SUV next to really throw us for a loop !

:eek:

Democrats who feel their party has been hijacked by the hardcore left should tell their leaders to go fuck themselves by voting for NAder if they truly feel that they cant bring themselves to vote for Bush. At least with Nader you have a candidate that supports your ideals since you still don't believe in Bush. But that way you don't have to stoop to your party heads level by voting for this pompous asshole Kerry.

well, unfortunately the hardcore dems are as bad as the hardcore republicans. How many republicans who don't like bush are just going to stay home and not vote this year so that they don't vote for a democrat?

good point DK----I have thought of being a pre-emtive republican. A vote for Kerry may delay madam hillarys' arrival for quite some time! The democrats have informed me that I must have a "plan" for all possible future scenarios or I lose my credibility for doing anything in the first place:bat:

Originally posted by dilloduck
good point DK----I have thought of being a pre-emtive republican. A vote for Kerry may delay madam hillarys' arrival for quite some time! The democrats have informed me that I must have a "plan" for all possible future scenarios or I lose my credibility for doing anything in the first place:bat:

I must strenuously ask you to not implement this premptive declintonization!

your right! My disgust for the Clintons is over riding the task at hand! Thanks for snapping me out of my brain fart!
STAY THE COURSE
:blowup:

Originally posted by dilloduck
your right! My disgust for the Clintons is over riding the task at hand! Thanks for snapping me out of my brain fart!
STAY THE COURSE
:blowup:

Fight the power!

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
I must strenuously ask you to not implement this premptive declintonization!

I second that. Especially since its quite likely hillary will be the VP. Rather than preemtpively taking out Billary, you may inadvertedly put her in power earlier than you were afraid of. Cause if Hillary is the VP and Kerry somehow wins he will be dead before the first year is over. Which is one more reason to vote against Kerry. to save his life.

Ill also point out. Hillary will never be in a position to run for President. She has to win her Senate seat back first and the people of the state genuinely hate her. There is no way in HFIL that she is going to beat Guiliani out.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
I second that. Especially since its quite likely hillary will be the VP. Rather than preemtpively taking out Billary, you may inadvertedly put her in power earlier than you were afraid of. Cause if Hillary is the VP and Kerry somehow wins he will be dead before the first year is over. Which is one more reason to vote against Kerry. to save his life.

Ill also point out. Hillary will never be in a position to run for President. She has to win her Senate seat back first and the people of the state genuinely hate her. There is no way in HFIL that she is going to beat Guiliani out.

She can still run for president. The unfortunate thing is that some women voters will vote for her not because she shares their ideals. She is probably the furthest thing from a normal woman. No they would vote for her because she is a woman. Thats why i feel if she runs, Condi should run. Condi is one of the most brilliant people ive ever seen in Washington based on her performance in the 9/11 "Inquisition" i mean commission. She genuinely seems to have our countries prosperity at heart when she makes a decision. Plus it will eliminate the novelty of a woman president for Hillary.

Im more and more not worrying about Kerry. Im becoming more edgy over the possibilty of another Clinton hell.

Originally posted by insein
She can still run for president. The unfortunate thing is that some women voters will vote for her not because she shares their ideals. She is probably the furthest thing from a normal woman. No they would vote for her because she is a woman. Thats why i feel if she runs, Condi should run. Condi is one of the most brilliant people ive ever seen in Washington based on her performance in the 9/11 "Inquisition" i mean commission. She genuinely seems to have our countries prosperity at heart when she makes a decision. Plus it will eliminate the novelty of a woman president for Hillary.

Im more and more not worrying about Kerry. Im becoming more edgy over the possibilty of another Clinton hell.

Well, let me tell you. Madam Heil Hillary is my senator (I didn't vote for her!), but she promised that if elected, she'd bring a ton of jobs to Upstate New York. Well, she's been our senator since 2000 and Upstate NY is as bad as ever.

Did I or do I expect Hillary Clinton to keep her word? No. First, because she's a liar like her husband. Secondly, New York State's economic problems are too deep rooted for one senator do do anything about (New York State taxes are the highest in the country). Of course, if by some miracle, Upstate NY's economy did turn around, she'd be the first to take credit.

I laugh at how people credit her husband with the 1990s economy. If that were true, we'd be feeling the effects of the ol' Clinton magic long ago.

Originally posted by Avatar4321

I looked for a H. Clinton popularity poll for New York State and I couldn't find one. However, I live in New York and it is my impression that she is genuinely well-respected here. I think she would probably beat any Republican candidate except Rudy easily. I will give you that in a race between Rudy and Hillary, she would have problems. My guess is it would be tight.

Originally posted by Reilly
I looked for a H. Clinton popularity poll for New York State and I couldn't find one. However, I live in New York and it is my impression that she is genuinely well-respected here. I think she would probably beat any Republican candidate except Rudy easily. I will give you that in a race between Rudy and Hillary, she would have problems. My guess is it would be tight.

Your search is off. You should be searching for an unpopularity poll.

Let me make this very, abundantly clear, there is no way in hell Hillary Clinton will be on the ticket with John Kerry. Got it? No way in hell...Kerry wants to have his own campaign, not rerun the Clinton campaigns. Also it makes no sense geographically. History shows us, with a few exceptions, that most often the winning ticket is split geographically. This goes back to the time of the first tickets (i.e. Thomas Jefferson of Virginia running with George Clinton of New York). The VP slot will go to somebody who is perceived at least as somewhat moderate, though it will not be someone as far to the center/right as Joe Leiberman. It'll likely be Bill Richardson of New Mexico, Tom Vilsack of Iowa, or John Edwards of North Carolina. I think other possibilities include John McCain of Arizona, Bob Graham of Florida, or Janet Napolitano of Arizona.

acludem

Originally posted by acludem
Let me make this very, abundantly clear, there is no way in hell Hillary Clinton will be on the ticket with John Kerry. Got it? No way in hell...Kerry wants to have his own campaign, not rerun the Clinton campaigns. Also it makes no sense geographically. History shows us, with a few exceptions, that most often the winning ticket is split geographically. This goes back to the time of the first tickets (i.e. Thomas Jefferson of Virginia running with George Clinton of New York). The VP slot will go to somebody who is perceived at least as somewhat moderate, though it will not be someone as far to the center/right as Joe Leiberman. It'll likely be Bill Richardson of New Mexico, Tom Vilsack of Iowa, or John Edwards of North Carolina. I think other possibilities include John McCain of Arizona, Bob Graham of Florida, or Janet Napolitano of Arizona.

acludem

I agree it wont be hillary. Only because shes setting up her campaign for 2008 and it won't really help her if Kerry is the pres.

New Topics

Forum List

Back