More hypocracy from the LMM...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20040709-010535-2628r.htm

Kerry campaign won't release concert tape

Washington, DC, Jul. 9 (UPI) -- The Kerry-Edwards campaign Friday declined to release tapes of a New York concert at which lewd comments allegedly were made about the president.

Sens. John Kerry of Massachusetts and John Edwards of North Carolina attended a Thursday night concert at Radio City Music Hall that featured celebrities from comedienne Whoopi Goldberg to actor Paul Newman.

Democrats came under fire Friday for comments Goldberg made during her performance, in which she allegedly used President Bush's last name in a sexual context. Other performers bashed the president in strong terms.

"The views expressed by the performers were their own views," campaign Manager Mary Beth Cahill told reporters Friday. "It is not what Senator Kerry and Senator Edwards would say and they don't approve of some of the comments that have been made."

She added, however, the campaign had no intention of releasing the tapes despite Republican calls to do so.

Why aint they pressing to have that released? Why don't they get a court order for that? Where's the public's right to know on this one?

Basically because they are the democratic party. The only network ive seen make any inkling about lewd remarks is Fox. Go figure. How anyone can buy that the LMM is non-partisan is beyond me.

If it was a Republican event and things were said about Kerry, you can bet that the Michael Moore types and other Bush-hating loudmouths would be crying censorship or some other shit.

You may want to pull your head out of the sand when defending your left wing party. Otherwise you might look foolish when you defend him as he rubs elbows with comedians and actors that compare Bush to a female's genitalia and call him every other nasty name in the book.

No its the Republicans that are full of hate. :rolleyes: The media passes on this but hunts down Jack Ryan's divorce records to see what POSSIBLY could be in them and deems it "the Public's right to know."

The way I see it,if there is nothing that bad then why not release the tape? Someof these celebritie behave way too immature for my taste. Is this the 2nd grade or election? I mean,they are always threatening to move to other coutries and all that other horsesh*t. Give me a break. WE won't hear about it because the LMM is too whipped by the Hollywood. They have stars in their eyes.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by nycflasher
Public right to know what?
What went on at a $1000 per person concert?

If this were your standard "concert", then I would not take issue with your position. But, taken in the context that this function is part and parcel of a political campaign, I believe that there is merit in the demands calling for public release of the record of the proceedings.

I agree,Merlin. I was watching a segment Fox news just did on this. I don't believe that Bush or Kerry would say such things(in public at least). Whoopi's career sucks and she probably needed to spark some controversy to get her name out. I just can't believe how ridiculous it is that she would actually make these comments. Between Whoopi and Michael Moore-on,Hollywood ain't lookin to bright these days!!

Forum List

Back