More Hope and Change

Too many of them rolled over for whatever Bush wanted during the Bush Administration
"What they did was allllll Booooosh's fault!!!!! They are not to blllllame for their support or votes!!!! He made them roooolllll oveeeeer! Waaaaaaaahhhhh!!!"

See?

It's so ingrained in your whole act, you cannot get away from it even if you try!

Who? Where? QUOTE some of them! How about starting with the DEMS in Congress who voted for all that shit? THERE'S The problem!

You cannot back up your parroted, regurgitated assertions, because they are just blatherskite that was spoonfed to you.

Go watch the news for starters. You seem to have me confused with someone who actually thinks the spineless Democrats in Congress are intelligent.

Too many of them rolled over for whatever Bush wanted during the Bush Administration until it finally became unpopular to go against him. I wouldn't trust Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid with picking up my garbage, never mind running Congress. Harry Reid reminds me of the cowardly lion too.

That's not to say there aren't Democrats in Congress who are actually intelligent individuals with spines though.

Well now.... After having just provided a sampling of Obama's "roll overs" during the Bush ad, how is it that his spinelessness was viewed as "good judgment"???

What they did was allllll Booooosh's fault!!!!! They are not to blllllame for their support or votes!!!! He made them roooolllll oveeeeer! Waaaaaaaahhhhh!!![/I]"

See?

It's so ingrained in your whole act, you cannot get away from it even if you try!

Your partisan hackery seems for you to be acting like a complete bitch to me despite the fact we agree.

Well now.... After having just provided a sampling of Obama's "roll overs" during the Bush ad, how is it that his spinelessness was viewed as "good judgment"???

I never said it was good judgment. I disagreed with him then and I disagree with him now. If I had the chance to have voted in the 08 election, I still would of voted for him over McCain/Palin however. Doesn't mean I would of been happy with it.

However, if I had the chance to vote since the Carter years, I wouldn't of probably liked my choices at all ever except Bill Clinton.

What they did was allllll Booooosh's fault!!!!! They are not to blllllame for their support or votes!!!! He made them roooolllll oveeeeer! Waaaaaaaahhhhh!!![/I]"

See?

Your partisan hackery seems for you to be acting like a complete bitch to me despite the fact we agree.
I'm not a partisan. But I do not mind slapping partisans like you around.

We agree that you should drop all the stupid strawman shit from your rhetorical repertoire when participating in mature, meaningful discussion?

I'm just trying to help you up your game a little. The kindergarten stuff is getting tiresome, after six months. Let's stick to, and intelligently discuss the actual topics without the "where were all you righties when boooooosh was doing this?" shit.

Where the fuck were YOU, when this very same fucking DEM CONGRESS voted for and supported all that shit, then went out and LIED about it, demagogued it, demonized Booooosh for it, to get re-elected?

Do you blame Captain E. J. Smith solely, for the Titanic sinking? Simple minded, lazy and sloppy people do. I don't believe you fit into any of those categories.

Last edited:
If I had the chance to have voted in the 08 election, I still would of voted for him over McCain/Palin however. Doesn't mean I would of been happy with it.
I didn't vote for either of them!

And, why do you insist on mentioning Palin, but not Biden? That's twice you've done that now.

Where the fuck were YOU, when this very same fucking CONGRESS voted for and supported all that shit, then went out and LIED about it, demagogued it, demonized Booooosh for it, to get re-elected?

Do you blame Captain E. J. Smith solely, for the Titanic sinking? Simple minded, lazy and sloppy people do. I don't believe you fit into any of those categories.

Well lets see, back in 2001 I was 10. Back in 2003 I was 12. Back in 2004 I was 13. Back in 2006, I was 15.

I never did support the Iraq War from the beginning, despite being 12 and not knowing nearly as much as I do about politics/history now.

I developed my first complete political thoughts (as in completely what I believed in and didn't believe in) around 14/15 I want to say. However, it's tough to put a certain age down since it's a bit cloudy when it comes to that. They have since evolved since then however.

For example, at first I did not believe in the Death Penalty at all, and I supported the Federal Assault Weapons Ban. I also thought the Democratic Congress were run by intelligent people.

Since then, however, all of those thoughts have changed. There are other examples as well.

Also, no, I don't blame the Captain E. J. Smith for the sinking of the Titanic as there were several factors in the sinking of the Titanic. The first and foremost failure being the construction of it.

Last edited:
And, why do you insist on mentioning Palin, but not Biden? That's twice you've done that now.

Because Obama never had a good chance of dying within the next four years short of being shot. McCain however was not in the greatest of health, and the choice of his successor in case he were to die was important.

So Biden was more of a non-factor to me however I thought were several superior people that Obama could of picked for the Vice Presidency.

Edit: Also, no, I don't blame the Captain E. J. Smith for the sinking of the Titanic as there were several factors in the sinking of the Titanic. The first and foremost failure being the construction of it. (Not sure if you saw that originally due to the fact I edited it in just now.)

Last edited:
Well lets see, back in 2001 I was 10. Back in 2003 I was 12. Back in 2004 I was 13. Back in 2006, I was 15.
Now I understand.

My congratulations, you do not come across as a youngun. See how my turning your strawman back on you didn't apply? Same thing with yours. We're not all "righties" because we don't like Obama's policies.

Now if we can get the strawman stuff out of your repertoire, and actually focus on who really IS to blame for all this crap, we might all learn a thing or two.

Last edited:
My congratulations, you do not come across as a youngun. See how my turning your strawman back on you didn't apply? Same thing with yours. We're not all "righties" because we don't like Obama's policies.

Now if we can get the strawman stuff out of your repertoire, and actually focus on who really IS to blame for all this crap, we might all learn a thing or two.

Well thank you for the compliment I think. :lol:

I don't believe you're a rightie because you don't like Obama's policies. You just seemed to come off as someone solely defending the actions of Bush. (I'm not making the thread about him again, don't worry). The only reason I even brought up the whole Bush thing in the first place is because it worries me that plenty of people in both sides think when one President does it, "it's wrong" but when the other does it, "it's right" simply because one is a Democrat and one is a Republican.

Plenty of people in both parties are guilty of that.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

I don't believe you're a rightie because you don't like Obama's policies. You just seemed to come off as someone solely defending the actions of Bush. (I'm not making the thread about him again, don't worry). The only reason I even brought up the whole Bush thing in the first place is because it worries me that plenty of people in both sides think when one President does it, "it's wrong" but when the other does it, "it's right" simply because one is a Democrat and one is a Republican.
You'll learn those people simply don't exist in the real world, only in the minds of far-left pundits and talking heads. It's just a strawman deflection tactic, because they cannot defend what's going on right now. In their heart of hearts, they knew Obama was going to be a fuck-up. Now they're doing everything they can -- including falling on their rhetorical sword -- to make sure others don't start seeing it.

You'll learn those people simply don't exist in the real world, only in the minds of far-left pundits and talking heads. It's just a strawman deflection tactic, because they cannot defend what's going on right now. In their heart of hearts, they knew Obama was going to be a fuck-up. Now they're doing everything they can -- including falling on their rhetorical sword -- to make sure others don't start seeing it.

I would love to think that they don't exist in the real world but I've seen them at my school. :lol:

So far though, Obama seems to be bringing up a certain lyric in my head:

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Plenty of people in both parties are guilty of that.

Hm. When President Bush got CONGRESS to create the USA PATRIOT Act (which many of my conservative or at least Libertarian brothers dislike almost as much as many libbies do), I applauded President Bush. For that kind of thing, I still do.

To the extent that President Obama seems to be a pale imitation of President Bush in that matter, I certainly don't criticize President Obama. I admit I DO find it amusing that he is flipping and flopping like a fish just reeled in and dropped on the deck, but that's just simple amusement factor.

For my part, I get roundly criticized by both highly emotional and ubee-partisan libbies AND certain libertarians. I understand it. We simply disagree on some rather basic premises.

I'm hoping for a change. And, the sooner the better. When this leftist a hole falls it going to leave a huge bruise..

I never said it was good judgment. I disagreed with him then and I disagree with him now. If I had the chance to have voted in the 08 election, I still would of voted for him over McCain/Palin however. Doesn't mean I would of been happy with it.

However, if I had the chance to vote since the Carter years, I wouldn't of probably liked my choices at all ever except Bill Clinton.

Oh, I get it.... You're one of those "lesser of two evils" folks.... Nice to make you're acquaintance. So if you're just now eligible (?), how is it you think you know what the Conservatives were saying about Bush for the last 8 years? You been reading, taking note of what they've been saying, when you should have been doing your homework?

Oh, I get it.... You're one of those "lesser of two evils" folks.... Nice to make you're acquaintance. So if you're just now eligible (?), how is it you think you know what the Conservatives were saying about Bush for the last 8 years? You been reading, taking note of what they've been saying, when you should have been doing your homework?

Both actually. However, the Republican Party haven't had a true Conservative (fiscally anyway) President or perhaps even Nominee since Nixon if not before that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back