More Hope and Change-the Stimulus

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
But in interviews with recipients, the Globe found that several openly acknowledged creating far fewer jobs than they have been credited for.

One of the largest reported jobs figures comes from Bridgewater State College, which is listed as using $77,181 in stimulus money for 160 full-time work-study jobs for students. But Bridgewater State spokesman Bryan Baldwin said the college made a mistake and the actual number of new jobs was “almost nothing.’

Stimulus fund job benefits exaggerated, review finds - The Boston Globe

when did rupert murdoch buy the boston globe?
:rofl:

But in interviews with recipients, the Globe found that several openly acknowledged creating far fewer jobs than they have been credited for.

One of the largest reported jobs figures comes from Bridgewater State College, which is listed as using $77,181 in stimulus money for 160 full-time work-study jobs for students. But Bridgewater State spokesman Bryan Baldwin said the college made a mistake and the actual number of new jobs was “almost nothing.’

I may have to change their name back from the Boston Globe Democrat to the Boston Globe again :lol:

I heard about this the other day. There are DOZENS more stories of this same thing happening too.

Seriously give me $100,000 and I'll open up a business and give 3 people full time jobs WITH HEALTH INSURANCE, or give it to my boss and he will open another shop and do the same.

It would have been cheaper and it would have gotten far more bang for the buck if they just had given
money away to people.Sure a lot would have gone to bills or into savings but I'm sure that a good amount
would have gone into people buying stuff. To me that would have been some thing we could see. I don't see anything positive from the effect of the stimulus.Now there's talk of doing it again. Sure that makes sense it didn't work the first time so let's do it again.

The College made a mistake? I'd like to know who made the mistake and why they still have a job at Bridgewater.

It would have been cheaper and it would have gotten far more bang for the buck if they just had given
money away to people.Sure a lot would have gone to bills or into savings but I'm sure that a good amount
would have gone into people buying stuff. To me that would have been some thing we could see. I don't see anything positive from the effect of the stimulus.Now there's talk of doing it again. Sure that makes sense it didn't work the first time so let's do it again.

even if they just put it into a savings account or paid bills with it....the money would have been going to the banks anyway....but i do agree....this stimulus cash should have been given to the taxpayers and those who had lost their jobs......and i am not talking about a few hundred bucks for every one....

even if they just put it into a savings account or paid bills with it....the money would have been going to the banks anyway....but i do agree....this stimulus cash should have been given to the taxpayers and those who had lost their jobs......and i am not talking about a few hundred bucks for every one....

Either a direct disbursment of our own money back to us, a tax break, or NO STIMULUS would have been my 3 preferred options :).

course ya'll know donchya, the libtards are gonna do it again. It's coming down the pike.. they ain't through pissing away this trillion and already they dream of another. :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Let's remember that every job "created" by government destroys a job or more that would have been created by the private sector.

Next thing you know, Del's gonna be putting the blood of goyim babies in her bread.
Wait did I channel a Japanese warlord just then?

Stimulus = government graft writ large
Who knew?
I mean other than anyone with at least half a functioning brain

Forum List

Back