more hope and change: obama fights to keep guest logs secret

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
"The Obama administration is appealing a judge's ruling that Secret Service records of visitors to the White House complex are subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act....

The position taken by the Obama Justice Department, namely that White House visitor records are presidential records and not agency records, is essentially the same one that the department took under President George W. Bush."

yeah, he's a breath of transparently fresh air, obama is.

:lol:

meet the new boss

http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshg...peals_ruling_on_White_House_visitor_logs.html

I agree, records unless necessary for national security should be open for inspection. I still wonder what and who decided our energy policy under Bush/Cheney, and what that policy was/is?

More proof obamaturd lied to get in office but is the same old bull.

"Inconsistencies of opinion, arising from changes of circumstances, are often justifiable."

Anyone who has been promoted, and by that I mean became a supervisor, manager or agency/business chief knows that the perspective one has on advancement changes.

• Banned
I agree, records unless necessary for national security should be open for inspection. I still wonder what and who decided our energy policy under Bush/Cheney, and what that policy was/is?

i don't know, but i certainly recognize a weak attempt at deflection when i see one.

:thup:

i still wonder who convinced kennedy to go forward with the bay of pigs.

• Banned
More proof obamaturd lied to get in office but is the same old bull.

"Inconsistencies of opinion, arising from changes of circumstances, are often justifiable."

Anyone who has been promoted, and by that I mean became a supervisor, manager or agency/business chief knows that the perspective one has on advancement changes.

and now a justification. you're pulling out the whole arsenal, huh?

i guess that change in perspective is behind the signing statements he'd never use to end run around congress, too.

i don't know, but i certainly recognize a weak attempt at deflection when i see one.

Weak indeed.

But there's some comfort in predictability.

Yea i don't understand all the secrecy on this one. I think we have a general idea of who the visitors were anyway. Most would be big Left/Democrat donors such as George Soros. He should just release the logs. Maybe there's something very embarrassing they're hiding. Who knows?

Weak indeed.

"a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."

"The Obama administration is appealing a judge's ruling that Secret Service records of visitors to the White House complex are subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act....

The position taken by the Obama Justice Department, namely that White House visitor records are presidential records and not agency records, is essentially the same one that the department took under President George W. Bush."

meet the new boss

Obama administration appeals ruling on White House visitor logs - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

When Cheney suggested that visitor logs ought to be kept private, the liberal elites angrily cried, "Freedom of Information! Transparency!"

But when the Obama Adminsitration suggests that visitor logs ought to be kept private, the liberal elites grow oddly mute.

I am pleased to see, though, that some liberals do object to the President's position on the same grounds they offered when objecting to the Cheney position. Good on them for at least having some consistency above partisanship.

Weak indeed.

"a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."

-Said someone completely void of any sense of humor.

Goddamn it del, just admit: It's Bush's Fault.

meet the new boss

Obama administration appeals ruling on White House visitor logs - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

When Cheney suggested that visitor logs ought to be kept private, the liberal elites angrily cried, "Freedom of Information! Transparency!"

But when the Obama Adminsitration suggests that visitor logs ought to be kept private, the liberal elites grow oddly mute.

I am pleased to see, though, that some liberals do object to the President's position on the same grounds they offered when objecting to the Cheney position. Good on them for at least having some consistency above partisanship.

Where did you see any objection to Obama's position?

Since WE are payin't the bills for the operation of that place? They should be above board regardless who occupies it.

I thought Obama preached transparency?

I thought we solved this issue after Slick Willie was caught selling tickets to have "Asian Massages" in the Lincoln Bedroom.

Last edited:
Yea i don't understand all the secrecy on this one. I think we have a general idea of who the visitors were anyway. Most would be big Left/Democrat donors such as George Soros. He should just release the logs. Maybe there's something very embarrassing they're hiding. Who knows?

Embarrassing could be one answer. Matter of fact a good one. Can anyone give me a good reason ti hide these records and go tto all of this trouble if it was to hide Michelle's dress designer?

Why give fodder for speculation in an election year?

meet the new boss

Where did you see any objection to Obama's position?

I could be mistaken, but it looked to me like Wry Catcher chartered such a course: http://www.usmessageboard.com/4273435-post5.html

I'd like to presume that he is not alone.

We do generally know...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NLa3CyCCKk]SHOCKING VIDEO: AFL-CIO Trumka in WH 2-3 Times a WEEK! - YouTube[/ame]

Forward to 1:30 mark.

New Topics

Forum List

Back