More guns equal more crime? Not in 2009, FBI crime report shows.

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
The oft-cited credo that more guns equal more crime is being tested by facts on the ground this year: Even as gun ownership has surged in the US in the past year, violent crime, including murder and robbery, has dropped steeply.

Concurrently, the FBI reports that gun sales – especially of assault-style rifles and handguns, two main targets of gun-control groups – are up at least 12 percent nationally since the election of President Obama, a dramatic run on guns prompted in part by so-far-unwarranted fears that Democrats in Congress and the White House will curtail gun rights and carve apart the Second Amendment.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Societ...more-crime-Not-in-2009-FBI-crime-report-shows.

Hey, did anyone else hear about the Pentagon shooting, where a WEST COAST lefty drove across country with a handgun to perform a Seattle-style police ambush and shot a couple cops before they bravely eliminated him???? Funny, the media isn't resporting he's a lefty and from the West Coast.

BUT................the true mystery is this: HOW in the world could this crime have happened? I mean.....didn't he realize Washington DC passed a law banning handguns? He brought a handgun to do his crime with, WTF? I mean, come on people, they passed a ban on those, how could this crime STILL have happened with that legislation in place? I'm just baffled and dumbfounded about how he was able to slip by the ban and still get a handgun into the city to commit a crime with it!!!:eek:

The oft-cited credo that more guns equal more crime is being tested by facts on the ground this year: Even as gun ownership has surged in the US in the past year, violent crime, including murder and robbery, has dropped steeply.

Concurrently, the FBI reports that gun sales – especially of assault-style rifles and handguns, two main targets of gun-control groups – are up at least 12 percent nationally since the election of President Obama, a dramatic run on guns prompted in part by so-far-unwarranted fears that Democrats in Congress and the White House will curtail gun rights and carve apart the Second Amendment.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Societ...more-crime-Not-in-2009-FBI-crime-report-shows.

Pretty sad that Liberals want to keep guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens....and then one of their wacko truthers go's ballistic on the Pentagon "seeking the 9/11 truth." Looks like he got what he deserved!!!! :lol:

Boy Obama and the Dems really dropped that crime rate didn't they?

Uh...No.

Good attempt at giving Obama the credit though.

According to the DOJ violent crime is also at an all time low:​

viort.gif

Violent crime rates have declined, reaching the lowest level ever in 2005.​

Bureau of Justice Statistics Violent Crime Rate Trends

This thread debunks the myth that more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens didn't raise the crime rate.

Gun banners entire premise...the cornerstone of their argument is that an increase in firearms increases gun crime and by decreasing legal firearms gun crime will be reduced.

Not only is their theory in shambles...the evidence suggests that the opposite is true...more legal firearms carried by civilians actually reduces crime.

I hope they get the message.

Last edited:
More money is supposed to equal better education... yet year after year we throw more money at it and it gets worse.

Liberals are rarely right about anything.

Hey now if it is olbama's recession it is also Obama's lower crime rate.

Ok...I'll admit it...I LOL'd.

The difference is Obama campaigned on his economic recovery plan.

[youtube]OXkAUtC4Gnw&feature=related[/youtube]

He also ran as a gun banner.
Brady Campaign endorses Obama-Biden ticket​

Posted by David Hardy · 13 October 2008 09:41 AM
From their press release:
"The difference between the two tickets is clearest with regard to assault weapons. Senator Obama made his position clear in his acceptance speech in Denver when he said "the reality of gun ownership may be different for hunters in rural Ohio than they are for those plagued by gang violence in Cleveland, but don't tell me we can't uphold the Second Amendment while keeping AK-47s out of the hands of criminals." And Senator Biden helped get a ban on assault weapons passed in 1994 and fought for its renewal in 2004.

"Senator McCain, however, opposed the assault weapon ban in 1994 and voted against its renewal in 2004. McCain's running mate, Governor Sarah Palin, told ABC's Charles Gibson that she also opposed a ban on assault weapons, saying that they were part of her "culture".

"Along with Sarah and Jim, the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and its dedicated network of Million Mom March Chapters strongly endorses the Obama-Biden ticket and encourages our supporters to vote for them on November 4, 2008."

Barack Obama:
FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban

Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, “No, my writing wasn’t on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns.”

Actually, Obama’s writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

35. Do you support state legislation to:
a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.

Obama’s campaign said, “Sen. Obama didn’t fill out these state Senate questionnaires--a staffer did--and there are several answers that didn’t reflect his views then or now. He may have jotted some notes on the front page of the questionnaire, but some answers didn’t reflect his views.”

Source: FactCheck.org analysis of 2008 Philadelphia primary debate Apr 16, 2008

Last edited:

Forum List

Back