More Government lies. Unemployment went up again!

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
We need to put all those pathological liars in jail where they belong. They keep loudly proclaiming an end to the "recession" and now are so proud that unemployment is going DOWN.

Lies! Unemployment is going up and up and up.

Last edited:
The real unemployment went up. Obama's minions lied AGAIN! DAMIT (a German word that means "with it.")

UNADJUSTED DATA

The advance number of actual initial claims under state programs, unadjusted, totaled 434,358 in the week ending Sept. 19, an increase of 21,966 from the previous week.

ETA Press Release: Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Report

Initial Unemployment claims are NOT, I repeat NOT a measure of Unemployment. They are a partial measure of gross job loss. Quit confusing job losses and Unemployment. The unemployment numbers don't come out until next week. Overall claims (Insured Unemployment) are a partial measure of Unemployment. Those went down, both adjusted and unadjusted (different weeks from the initial claims number).
And learn what the purpose of seasonal adjustment is...you clearly don't understand it.

Further, if you bothered to read the report, the Seasonally adjusted number of initial claims are HIGHER than the unadjusted number. So your claim is the the government is lying by claiming MORE people put in initial claims than actually did. And you call me insane?

Last edited:
The real unemployment went up. Obama's minions lied AGAIN! DAMIT (a German word that means "with it.")

UNADJUSTED DATA

The advance number of actual initial claims under state programs, unadjusted, totaled 434,358 in the week ending Sept. 19, an increase of 21,966 from the previous week.

What's the big deal just another 1/2+ million lost their jobs this last month.:lol::lol: Anyone know anyone who's got a job lately???? I sure have not seen anyone being hired. That no stimulus stimulus bill was just what we needed, how's that hope and change workin out for ya?:lol::lol:

UNADJUSTED DATA

Initial Unemployment claims are NOT, I repeat NOT a measure of Unemployment. They are a partial measure of gross job loss. Quit confusing job losses and Unemployment. The unemployment numbers don't come out until next week. Overall claims (Insured Unemployment) are a partial measure of Unemployment. Those went down, both adjusted and unadjusted (different weeks from the initial claims number).
And learn what the purpose of seasonal adjustment is...you clearly don't understand it.

Further, if you bothered to read the report, the Seasonally adjusted number of initial claims are HIGHER than the unadjusted number. So your claim is the the government is lying by claiming MORE people put in initial claims than actually did. And you call me insane?

Anal Ignoramus, please stop posting on my threads. I do not like people who lie like you do all of the time.

The ONLY indication of real unemployment is the Unemployment Insurance claims because the DOL (Department of Lies, not Labor) stats are totally bogus contrived from fictional surveys and altered to suit the present administration. Mind you AI, though the government numbers are totally bogus, the claims that go with them are the lie that I point to. The government said in their news release that Unemployment Went DOWN. IT DID NOT GO DOWN. IT WENT UP, both in the weekly unadjusted numbers from week to week and in the number of overall unemployed.

It matters little that the Government had higher numbers than the unaltered numbers. All that does is show how totally corrupt the government is you total clown.

All you are is a troll. Please stop trolling on my threads. Go bother somebody else with all of those insane government lies.

Last edited:
What's the big deal just another 1/2+ million lost their jobs this last month.:lol::lol: Anyone know anyone who's got a job lately???? I sure have not seen anyone being hired. That no stimulus stimulus bill was just what we needed, how's that hope and change workin out for ya?:lol::lol:

jobs are always the last thing to turn around in any recession.

more importantly, the rate of job loss has leveled off....... and is better than in the last two years.

of course, if anyone listened to the right and allowed the car manufactureres to fail, we'd have lost millions, not thousands of additional jobs...

*shrug*

jobs are always the last thing to turn around in any recession.

more importantly, the rate of job loss has leveled off....... and is better than in the last two years.

of course, if anyone listened to the right and allowed the car manufactureres to fail, we'd have lost millions, not thousands of additional jobs...

*shrug*

Actually job losses are plunging as I predicted they would. Unemployment in the California Central Valley is nearing 50%. The economy is still collapsing as I said. We are falling into the Greatest Depression in modern world history as I said earlier on this forum. People who are delusional can try to deny it, but the reality is in the numbers that I have been posting to educate all on this board.

Last edited:
Then point out my lies. You sound like a three year old "Is not!" No, I take that back, I've known three year olds who can form more sophisticated arguments than you.

The ONLY indication of real unemployment is the Unemployment Insurance claims
Initial claims tell us almost nothing about Unemployment. It only tells us how many new claims were filed in a week. Some of those people have been unemployed for far longer, and many people who became unemployed either haven't filed, or can't file...especially new entrants to the workforce. Also it tells us nothing about how many people either gained work or left the labor force.

because the DOL (Department of Lies, not Labor) stats are totally bogus contrived from fictional surveys and altered to suit the present administration.
First, although the Bureau of Labor Statistics is administratively under DOL, DOL has nothing at all to do with any BLS programs. BLS headquarters are located completely seperately from DOL. And the Commissioner of BLS is a Bush appointee. Neither the President, nor the SecLabor have anything to do with BLS programs and have no access to the information until the night before publication. Even other BLS employees are barred from entering the program offices during release week. You'll claim I'm lying, so present your evidence. Oh, wait, you have none.
Secondly, the Current Population Survey is conducted by the Census Bureau, not BLS or DOL.

The government said in their news release that Unemployment Went DOWN.
NO IT DID NOT! Read the Goddamn report, you moron. UI weekly claims It says that the advance numbers for the week ending Sept 19th show that Intitial UI claims went down (after seasonal adjustment, though you have no idea what seasonal adjustment is...I dare you to try to explain it). BUT THAT IS NOT SAYING UNEMPLOYMENT WENT DOWN! But overall claims (adjusted and unadjusted) went down from the week ending in the 5th to the week ending in the 12th. Note the different time periods.
IT DID NOT GO DOWN. IT WENT UP, both in the weekly unadjusted numbers from week to week and in the number of overall unemployed.
Again, different weeks, and now you're flat out lying...the report shows that the overall number of UI unemployed (which is NOT THE SAME AS UNEMPLOYED) went down. What Universe do you live in where 5,204,972 (overall UI claims) is higher than 5,296,761. How can you have any self-respect when the very source you're citing contradicts you?

It matters little that the Government had higher numbers than the unaltered numbers. All that does is show how totally corrupt the government is you total clown.
Nice dodge. Try again....If the government is corrupt and lying, why would they tell that particular lie?

All you are is a troll.
How stupid are you, really? While the Army currently has me at their service, I've been a proffessional economist dealing with the labor market for many years. How on Earth do you think you know more about this stuff than someone who has done it for a living? Are you that arrogant? Are you that incapable of admitting you could possibly be mistaken? I've pointed out your errors over and over again, not for your sake, but for those who might be mislead by your anile rants.

Last edited:
I'm sure in this Age of Obama, people are happy to be unemployed. Who want's all that work-a-day stress and trouble anyway?

We need to put all those pathological liars in jail where they belong. They keep loudly proclaiming an end to the "recession" and now are so proud that unemployment is going DOWN.

Employment is not the economic indicator to use to determine whether a recession is over or not. Unemployment statistics always lag behind-- and that makes sense. An employer doesn't want to fire a person until they know they really aren't going to need them. And they don't want to hire somebody until they know that they really are growing. So unemployment numbers reflect how the economy was doing a few months ago.

But you're right-- a few months ago, we can see from the unemployment numbers, we definitely weren't out of the recession.

Employment is not the economic indicator to use to determine whether a recession is over or not. Unemployment statistics always lag behind-- and that makes sense. An employer doesn't want to fire a person until they know they really aren't going to need them. And they don't want to hire somebody until they know that they really are growing. So unemployment numbers reflect how the economy was doing a few months ago.

But you're right-- a few months ago, we can see from the unemployment numbers, we definitely weren't out of the recession.

I have posted exactly what you have posted here. The issue with me is not the recession. The recession is over when Bernanke and GEitner have manipulated the GDP numbers sufficiently as to give the appearance of economic improvement, they will then claim that they have cured the recession. Unfortunately, the Depression will be with us for the next five or more years. Unemployment is now over 21% and rising. That to me is a Depression and it is only getting worse, far worse.

I have posted exactly what you have posted here. The issue with me is not the recession. The recession is over when Bernanke and GEitner have manipulated the GDP numbers sufficiently as to give the appearance of economic improvement, they will then claim that they have cured the recession. Unfortunately, the Depression will be with us for the next five or more years. Unemployment is now over 21% and rising. That to me is a Depression and it is only getting worse, far worse.

I see it only slightly differently. I think they are improving things. But I also think they are using some short-term methodologies and 'fixes' that are going to bring a worse situation in the future. But I see your point.

[]How stupid are you, really? While the Army currently has me at their service, I've been a proffessional economist dealing with the labor market for many years. How on Earth do you think you know more about this stuff than someone who has done it for a living? Are you that arrogant? Are you that incapable of admitting you could possibly be mistaken? I've pointed out your errors over and over again, not for your sake, but for those who might be mislead by your anile rants.

Anal Ignoramus, this is just More of your insane badinage. I have explained it to you ten times now, at least. Let me say it again, so you can understand.

I do not accept the government numbers. They are lies generated from any number of buffoonish antics that various government agencies pull to try to keep the sheeple simple.

You are a simple sheeple because you worship the buffoonish antics and lies as gospel. I can look right at the nonesense posted by the government sites and easily see through the stupidity of their lies.

33,000,000 people are now unemployed or underemployed in this country. We are in a Depression, not a recession. Things are getting worse, not better regardless of the government lies.

You can lie all you want to back up the government lies, but that only identifies you as a pathological liar. You need serious psychiatric help. Meanwhile the country is floundering.

Forum List

Back