More 'good' news on fracking

But, but, but, my ChemE degree says.......:eusa_whistle:

The issue is that the water contains other substances, and probably not the salt you would rather use on roadways. Remember that when spring hits or a thaw, whatever was on the road ends up in the stormwater or in the soil by the roadside.

To treat the water you would likely precipiate out as much of the solids as possible by creating precipitating salts. you then pour off the clarified liquid for further treatment, and the resulting brine for seperate treatment.

Processes that have been used for decades,this is a viable resource ignoring it is a huge mistake.

My biggest fear is NY will dick around as always,find a way to screw it up,just call Albany.

And the resulting legal battles will stop drilling befor it even starts. I get down into Pa about 2-3 time a week servicing clients involved with gas drilling.The locals by a wide margin support gas drilling,Pa just has its act together much better than NY when it comes to natural resources

47% of Pa residents surveyed say the risk of fracking is unacceptable. They must not have ChemE degrees, huh? They just drink the tainted water. Duh.

I can continue to discuss on this thread with people who are reasonable. My knowledge of fracking technology is probably better than the average person, but less than an engineer who specializes in it.

I won't place you on ignore, because half wit trolls such as youself please me, and having you respond each time to one of my posts pleases me even more. That being said..

Your mother fucks dead horses, i suggest you take up the habit as well.

Snappy comeback. Glad you admitted defeat. Pick another degree, and try again, lenny!

I never admit defeat, I root for the New York Mets.

Suck off a goat.

Other people seem capable of having a reasoned discussion, alas your grey matter is not up to the task. Keep thinking you won if it makes your miserable existance more meaningful.

did I mention suck off a goat?

Hey, there's a thread on nuclear energy! Grab yaself a NucE degree and truck on over, lenny!

The issue is that the water contains other substances, and probably not the salt you would rather use on roadways. Remember that when spring hits or a thaw, whatever was on the road ends up in the stormwater or in the soil by the roadside.

To treat the water you would likely precipiate out as much of the solids as possible by creating precipitating salts. you then pour off the clarified liquid for further treatment, and the resulting brine for seperate treatment.

Processes that have been used for decades,this is a viable resource ignoring it is a huge mistake.

My biggest fear is NY will dick around as always,find a way to screw it up,just call Albany.

And the resulting legal battles will stop drilling befor it even starts. I get down into Pa about 2-3 time a week servicing clients involved with gas drilling.The locals by a wide margin support gas drilling,Pa just has its act together much better than NY when it comes to natural resources

47% of Pa residents surveyed say the risk of fracking is unacceptable. They must not have ChemE degrees, huh? They just drink the tainted water. Duh.

Governance by polling is not governance. I'm suprised its not higher given how the doom and gloomers have portrayed fracking as the end of the world as we know it. Hell, the word itself sounds "bad," I wonder how many people called it unacceptable just on that alone?

Snappy comeback. Glad you admitted defeat. Pick another degree, and try again, lenny!

I never admit defeat, I root for the New York Mets.

Suck off a goat.

Other people seem capable of having a reasoned discussion, alas your grey matter is not up to the task. Keep thinking you won if it makes your miserable existance more meaningful.

did I mention suck off a goat?

Hey, there's a thread on nuclear energy! Grab yaself a NucE degree and truck on over, lenny!

You really are a tired old asshole, aren't you? You are not even being creative.

You win a derp

garfield-derp.jpg

Link please.

I live here, and through conversations with my freinds and neighbors that's number isn't close.

Link please.

I live here, and through conversations with my freinds and neighbors that's number isn't close.
well how dare you contradickt 'oleshit' with actual personal knowledge and experience from the local in which you speak!

Naughty naughty Zoot!

Link please.

well how dare you contradickt 'oleshit' with actual personal knowledge and experience from the local in which you speak!

Naughty naughty Zoot!

The fracking is in the NE of PA, so if you call Pittsburgh, they don't give a crap how they answer. Also, if they didn't ask; Do you know anything about fracking? they shouldn't have been asked at all.

Did I leave the Grail Light on again?

Link please.

Pa. residents worried about fracking, poll shows : Carbon County Groundwater Guardians

JOHNSTOWN — A majority of the Pennsylvania residents surveyed in a recent poll are concerned about potential harm to drinking water as a result of the fracturing process used in drilling for Marcellus Shale natural gas.

Of the 403 adults surveyed in the late November poll by Infogroup/Opinion Research Corp., 81 percent said they are somewhat or very concerned about fracking’s potential to contaminate water.

Three of five state residents questioned in the poll are aware of the controversy over the gas-drilling technique.

The poll, conducted on behalf of the Civil Society Institute, showed that 62 percent of those concerned think state and federal agencies are not doing as much as they should to require proper disclosure of the chemicals used in the process.

The institute, based in Newton, Mass., describes itself as a nonprofit and nonpartisan think tank. Its goal is to serve as a catalyst for change by creating problem-solving interactions among people and between communities, government and businesses that can help to improve society.

The Marcellus Shale Coalition, an industry-based group supported by gas drillers and businesses that benefit from the industry, described the survey as a “push poll.” The term is used to describe a technique often used in political campaigns to influence or alter the view of respondents under the guise of conducting a poll

NCPR News - AP briefs: Fracking Poll | Gas Pipeline | Great Lakes Water | Shoreline Regulations | Racehorse Killed | Building Explosion | Tour Boat Trial

Fracking Poll

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) A new Siena College poll says voters are about evenly split in their opinions of a new state report outlining regulations that would allow high-volume hydraulic fracturing for natural gas in New York state.

The “hydrofracking” process uses chemical-laced water at high pressure to fracture shale deep underground so trapped gas can flow into a well. Opponents say it threatens water supplies.

The poll released Thursday finds 45 percent of voters supported recommendations by the state Department of Environmental Conservation to allow permits for drilling operations under specific conditions, while 43 percent opposed the report.

By a margin of 54 percent to 33 percent, voters statewide said they are more inclined to trust hydrofracking opponents rather than the industry and other supporters.

Pennsylvania Allows Waste From Fracking To Be Dumped Into Rivers | Water Contamination From Fracking (Hydraulic Fracturing)

Pennsylvania Gas Companies Dispose Waste into Rivers
New, Pennsylvania

The current natural gas boom in the U.S is producing two things: enough natural gas to power the U.S. for more than a decade, and enough toxic wastewater to threaten public health forever.

The Associated Press reports that most states require natural gas drilling companies to bore at least two miles underground to dispose wastewater, making it difficult for drinking water to become contaminated. Pennsylvania, one of the states that sit on top of the Marcellus Shale, a large underground rock formation where trillions of cubic feet of natural gas is located, is the only state that allows natural gas companies to dispose wastewater into rivers and streams. Pouring waste into rivers could lead to toxic drinking water

Pennsylvania Allows Waste From Fracking To Be Dumped Into Rivers | Water Contamination From Fracking (Hydraulic Fracturing)

Pennsylvania Gas Companies Dispose Waste into Rivers
New, Pennsylvania

The current natural gas boom in the U.S is producing two things: enough natural gas to power the U.S. for more than a decade, and enough toxic wastewater to threaten public health forever.

The Associated Press reports that most states require natural gas drilling companies to bore at least two miles underground to dispose wastewater, making it difficult for drinking water to become contaminated. Pennsylvania, one of the states that sit on top of the Marcellus Shale, a large underground rock formation where trillions of cubic feet of natural gas is located, is the only state that allows natural gas companies to dispose wastewater into rivers and streams. Pouring waste into rivers could lead to toxic drinking water

Brief article, and an opinion piece more than anything.
I'd like to see the AP's "report" re: underground wastewater disposal.

NCPR News - AP briefs: Fracking Poll | Gas Pipeline | Great Lakes Water | Shoreline Regulations | Racehorse Killed | Building Explosion | Tour Boat Trial

Fracking Poll

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) A new Siena College poll says voters are about evenly split in their opinions of a new state report outlining regulations that would allow high-volume hydraulic fracturing for natural gas in New York state.

The “hydrofracking” process uses chemical-laced water at high pressure to fracture shale deep underground so trapped gas can flow into a well. Opponents say it threatens water supplies.

The poll released Thursday finds 45 percent of voters supported recommendations by the state Department of Environmental Conservation to allow permits for drilling operations under specific conditions, while 43 percent opposed the report.

By a margin of 54 percent to 33 percent, voters statewide said they are more inclined to trust hydrofracking opponents rather than the industry and other supporters.

Mostly because opponents are more likely to make claims that make it seem like hyfrofracking WILL KILL YOU RIGHT NOW ZOMG.

Nothing wrong with regulating it stringently, but calling for an outright ban is simple NIMBY hypocricy.

Fracking Poll

Mostly because opponents are more likely to make claims that make it seem like hyfrofracking WILL KILL YOU RIGHT NOW ZOMG.

Nothing wrong with regulating it stringently, but calling for an outright ban is simple NIMBY hypocricy.

Except I've never seen anyone report or state that hyfrofracking WILL KILL YOU RIGHT NOW ZOMG.

Why lie? People are worried about water becoming contaminated in a world where we already have to deal with contaminated water and water shortages.

frackbook19_160.jpg

Everyone smiles in Terry's world. Mom smiles, Dad smiles, the worker smiles, the dog smiles, the cat smiles, the deer smiles, the fish smiles, the sun smiles, the moon smiles, the flower smiles, the rock smiles. Even the helium balloon -- used to demonstrate how "natural gas is lighter than air" -- smiles
Read more: Color me fracked: Energy industry produces coloring book to make case for gas drilling to kids

Chesapeake-Charlie1.jpg

The friendly dinosaur has a counterpart at Chesapeake Energy, named Chesapeake Charlie. Charlie is an orange-tinged beagle whose own coloring book takes youngsters through the entire life cycle of what the Oklahoma City company calls a "clean-burning, affordable, abundant and American fuel."

This would be a Canadian company, foriegn nationalists, looking to drill in Penn. btw

Fracking Poll

Except I've never seen anyone report or state that hyfrofracking WILL KILL YOU RIGHT NOW ZOMG.

Why lie? People are worried about water becoming contaminated in a world where we already have to deal with contaminated water and water shortages.

Of course it's all implied. I drove through upstate new york, and there were competing lawn signs. The anti fracking ones were full of doom and gloom, making appear the only choice was either ban fracking, or have your water polluted, no middle ground.

I'd call that oversimplifying and exxagerating, which is the crux of ZOMG YOUZ IS GONNA DIES!

Of course it's all implied. I drove through upstate new york, and there were competing lawn signs. The anti fracking ones were full of doom and gloom, making appear the only choice was either ban fracking, or have your water polluted, no middle ground.

I'd call that oversimplifying and exxagerating, which is the crux of ZOMG YOUZ IS GONNA DIES!

:rolleyes:

You made the unsubstantiated claim. And then further go on to blame it on others.

You made the unsubstantiated claim. And then further go on to blame it on others.

You are calling me out on a description of how I see the opponents of fracking acting? We are debating fact here, but perception. If that is the best you have, go debate on the hello kitty board.

You are calling me out on a description of how I see the opponents of fracking acting? We are debating fact here, but perception. If that is the best you have, go debate on the hello kitty board.

:lol: You're the one saying, in effect, don't listen to the tree huggers because they use hyperbole and emotionalism.

Then you turn around and do the same thing.

Why would anyone "debate" with such nonsense?

:lol: You're the one saying, in effect, don't listen to the tree huggers because they use hyperbole and emotionalism.

Then you turn around and do the same thing.

Why would anyone "debate" with such nonsense?

Because aruging on the internets is so much fun? And I am disapointed in you not going for the hello kitty line. I thought that was a winner.

I never said don't listen to the "tree huggers." Tree huggers are the people that give me work by writing regulations. What I am saying is to not fall for the overblown hype they often put out, but research every source on a topic before making up your mind.

I am not going for the aristotilian logic of either don't do it, or let them do what they want. I have no issue with regulations that are designed to increase the safety factor of every apsect of the work. What I oppose is bans hidden as stringent regulations, as well as regulations more desgined ot keep lawyers happy than to actually improve safety.

Also, I wonder if there really is a Hello Kitty board...

That's what he lerned in skwel.

Forum List

Back