more good news for the cons to deny on the economy

Obama's proposed budget contains a minimum of $47 billion in taxes on the oil and gas industries. He's counting on this money to give away to his reneables/alternatives pet projects.

So I was look for these taxes and projects. I find these,

"Eliminate Oil and Gas Tax Preferences.

The tax code currently subsidizes oil and gas production through loopholes and tax expenditures that preference these industries over others. Current law provides a number of credits and deductions that are targeted toward certain oil and gas activities. In accordance with the President’s agreement at the G-20 Summit in Pittsburgh in December 2009 to phase out subsidies for fossil fuels so that we can transition to a 21st Century energy economy, the President is proposing to repeal a number of tax preferences available for fossil fuels. Getting rid of these would reduce the deficit by $41 billion over 10 years.

Reduce Energy Costs for the Federal

Government's Biggest Consumer. DOD consumes almost three-fourths of all Federal energy resources. To reduce consumption, the Budget includes approximately $1 billion for energy conservation investments at DOD—up from $400 million in 2010. These investments include making energy retrofits of existing buildings, meeting energy efficiency standards in new buildings, and developing renewable energy projects. DOD is steadily improving its installation energy performance by reducing the demand for traditional energy and by increasing the supply of renewable energy, currently 8.5 percent of DOD energy production and procurement. The request includes $150 million for the Energy Conservation Investment Program, which improves the energy efficiency of DOD facilities worldwide. In addition, the Budget provides $32 million, a 7 percent increase compared to 2012, for the Installation Energy Test Bed Program to demonstrate new energy technologies to reduce risk, overcome barriers to deployment, and facilitate wide-scale commercialization."

It this what your talking about, the elimination of oil subsidies and the improvement in DOD energy efficiency?

Obama's proposed budget contains a minimum of $47 billion in taxes on the oil and gas industries. He's counting on this money to give away to his reneables/alternatives pet projects.

he also has a huge tax on medical device manufactures so they will be able to invest in fewer new medical devices for us.

what a great idea!!!

Name one medical device that was delayed from being introduced to the market because of taxes.

No matter what the news is tomorrow, good or bad, its safe to say that the economy is still in the shitter....

And TruthMocker will continue to pretend her fellow Americans are doing just fine.

Yup, don't get me wrong I want good news. Its just sad to see folks grasping at straws for political reasons. A few data points here and there just aren't enough to convince anyone yet that we are out of the woods yet. We have a few more years to go until things are better....that if the propped up house of cards doesn't get blown over again.

Gas prices keep inflation tame, push confidence to four-year high - latimes.com

Cheaper gas also helped boost consumer confidence in May to its highest level in four years. A preliminary index compiled by Thomson Reuters and the University of Michigan climbed to 77.8 from last month’s 76.4, reaching a point not seen since January 2008.

That’s the ninth straight monthly rise.

Cheaper gas?

I know math is hard for liberals, but seeing how high gas prices are is counting.

damn

It's just one bullshit lie after another. I had a much easier time making ends meat before obama took office, now every week is a struggle.

gas prices drives COLA, COLA is the cost of living.

the cost of living is way up, and only the dems, who seem to hate the working class, ignore this painful fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
The US economy looks heathier than it did in 2008.

Does anyone here really propose otherwise?

Gas prices keep inflation tame, push confidence to four-year high - latimes.com

Cheaper gas also helped boost consumer confidence in May to its highest level in four years. A preliminary index compiled by Thomson Reuters and the University of Michigan climbed to 77.8 from last month’s 76.4, reaching a point not seen since January 2008.

That’s the ninth straight monthly rise.

Cheaper gas?

I know math is hard for liberals, but seeing how high gas prices are is counting.

damn

It's just one bullshit lie after another. I had a much easier time making ends meat before obama took office, now every week is a struggle.

gas prices drives COLA, COLA is the cost of living.

the cost of living is way up, and only the dems, who seem to hate the working class, ignore this painful fact.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYqF_BtIwAU]f**k the poor - YouTube[/ame]

You know, fuel prices always go up around memorial day.

The US economy looks heathier than it did in 2008.

Does anyone here really propose otherwise?

With out a doubt-over the last 50 years Federal (EPA&osha) State rules have chased most large manufacturing to other countries. So what does the in power politicians decide,lets destroy the only manufacturing that can not leave the country BANG there goes housing (and all other building) right out the window.
Mtg. money dried up but banks got stimulus money but unless you go to church and live there ya can not get a MTG..(means you never had a credit sin).
Ya see building a house, what happens. Land gets sold,excivators have to dig a hole, building departments have to issue a permit, masons put in foundations,carpenters have to frame the house,electricians are hired,plumbers,cabinet makers,floor layers,window hangers, painters roofers, siding men, on and on and on. Well wait a minuite there is now a family that hase to pay property taxes,spend more money in the community,furniture,appliances,food,on and on .
Do you get the picture yet NEVER NEVER NEVER has this country had a recovery with out a housing boom. I can't believe that Oboma and his tribe do not understand this.

Then how come Obama is running on: Seamus, Imaginary Gay Beatings, Bain Capital giving GST Steel a haircut years after Romney left?

Hmmmm?

Forum List

Back