More good news for Scott Walker?

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
sounds like it.

Walker vs. Barrett

It now appears more likely that the June recall election in Wisconsin could be a rematch of the 2010 contest between Scott Walker(R) – who is now the battered incumbent – against Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett(D).
Barrett lost to Walker in a close race a year ago...
If Barrett runs he will join three others in a likely Democratic Party primary on May 8th. The other candidates are: Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk(D), state Senator Kathleen Vinehout(D) and Secretary of State Doug LaFollette(D)...

In many ways, all this is good news for Walker. A four way primary on the Democratic side will bleed the anti-Walker candidates of money and leave them damaged going into the special election. Barrett has a history of running and losing governor’s races. He not only lost to Walker in 2010, he lost the Democratic nomination to former Governor Jim Doyle(D) in 2002. Even with that win/loss record, he is still considered the best candidate Democrats can put up against Walker. That in itself is not a good sign for the opposition.
Walker has all but publicly prayed for a re-match with Barrett, because he makes the argument that Barrett, as mayor of Milwaukee, has taken full advantage of the collective bargaining reforms at the center of the recall campaign. In an interview earlier this year with Governors Journal, Walker said he would love to use Barrett’s success balancing the city budget as a testament to his work at the state Capitol.

I have a sneaking suspiscion that the voters in WI are rather tired of the bs that was pulled by the Unions and Dems.

This recall is costing the State money. Its also costing the Unions and I hope those fuckers go bankrupt and Walker is elected again. What a bunch of sour grapes and hooey.

To bad they didn't recall those chickenshit Dems who left the State. That would have been a well deserved recall not the recall on Walker.

I have a sneaking suspiscion that the voters in WI are rather tired of the bs that was pulled by the Unions and Dems.

This recall is costing the State money. Its also costing the Unions and I hope those fuckers go bankrupt and Walker is elected again. What a bunch of sour grapes and hooey.

To bad they didn't recall those chickenshit Dems who left the State. That would have been a well deserved recall not the recall on Walker.

I can't wait for Walker to ask Barrett to explain his opposition to Walkers reforms, when he used the collective bargaining reform to balance the city budget :rofl:

I can't wait for Walker to ask Barrett to explain his opposition to Walkers reforms, when he used the collective bargaining reform to balance the city budget :rofl:

I imagine Barrett, if he wins the nom, will counter with...

http://politicsreport.com/news/walk...lective-bargaining-rights-doesnt-save-money "

Walker Admits Stripping Collective Bargaining Rights Doesn't Save Money | Politics Report
Gosh, I hope so...lolol...

Page not found
The requested page "/news/walker-admits-stripping-collective-bargaining-rights-doesnt-save-money%20%22" could not be found.

Walker Admits Stripping Collective Bargaining Rights Doesn't Save Money | Politics Report

Let's try it like this...

The AP Flat-Out Lies About Scott Walker
From the footage of the exchange, we get the actual quotes:

Kucinich: Your proposal would require unions to hold annual votes to continue representing their own members. Can you please explain to me and members of this committee how much money this provision saves for your state budget?

Walker: That, and a number of other provisions we put in because if you’re gonna ask,…if you’re gonna put in place a change like that…we wanted to make sure that we protected the workers of our state so that they had a right to know what kind of value they got. It’s the same reason we gave workers the right to choose, which is a fundamental American right…the right to choose whether or not they wanted to be part of a union…

Kucinich (interrupting): Would you answer the question? How much money does it save, governor? Just answer the question.

Walker: That particular part doesn’t save any.
Video:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uUQwUXjfC8&feature=player_embedded]Scott Walker and Dennis Kucinich - YouTube[/ame]
Kucinich’s question, and Walker’s answer, dealt solely with the provision that requires union leaders to hold annual votes to continue representing their members. That’s the part that, according to Walker, will not save the state any money.

To try and paint that as an admission by Walker that public employees’ weakened collective bargaining rights won't save any money is at the least, disingenuous, and at the most, an outright lie.

Forum List

Back