More Gibberish from Newt

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
"On Face the Nation yesterday, Gingrich made clear that he wants to amnesty all illegal aliens, not just church-going grandmothers who wash the feet of the poor and knit socks for our troops in Afghanistan to help them kill the enemies of America. As he sees it, the bulk of illegals would get amnestied through his guestworker program: "My guess is that 7 or 8 or 9 million of them would ultimately go home, get a guest-worker permit, come back under the law." This is the same "touchback" gimmick that amnesty backers have been pushing for years — illegal aliens cross over to Tijuana, have lunch, pick up their papers, and come back in the afternoon as newly christened legal workers. In the Fifties official government documents called this "drying out the wetbacks" (really) and there's no way to describe it other than amnesty."

More Gibberish from Newt | Center for Immigration Studies

I'd support amnesty under two circumstances one the border is sufficiently secure and all those who apply for citizenship serve 4 years in the U.S. Army or Marines.

More Gibberish from Newt

What’s the right’s solution, then? Given the fact that the laws are being as aggressively enforced as possible within the Constitution and law and as resources allow – deportations are up significantly over the last administration.

Do you know how many centuries it would take to arrest, indict, try, convict and deport some 12 million persons? Not to mention citizen/non-citizen ‘blended’ families and those brought legally to the country as pre-school children whose parents failed to return to their native country and/or update the proper paperwork – through no fault of the children.

Not all ‘illegals’ are the same.

Or do conservatives advocate something more ‘final solutionish?’

I'd support amnesty under two circumstances one the border is sufficiently secure and all those who apply for citizenship serve 4 years in the U.S. Army or Marines.

What exactly does a "secure" border mean? Specifically.

Very reasonable position and I support this as well !

Resonable for open border advocates.

WHAT IS INSANITY?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Congress has passed 7 amnesties for illegal aliens, starting in 1986.

1. Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for some 2.7 million illegal aliens
2. Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens
3. Section 245(i) Extension Amnesty, 1997: An extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994
4. Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America
5. Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA), 1998: An amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti
6. Late Amnesty, 2000: An amnesty for some illegal aliens who claim they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty, an estimated 400,000 illegal aliens
7. LIFE Act Amnesty, 2000: A reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty, an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.

More Gibberish from Newt

What’s the right’s solution, then? Given the fact that the laws are being as aggressively enforced as possible within the Constitution and law and as resources allow – deportations are up significantly over the last administration.

Do you know how many centuries it would take to arrest, indict, try, convict and deport some 12 million persons? Not to mention citizen/non-citizen ‘blended’ families and those brought legally to the country as pre-school children whose parents failed to return to their native country and/or update the proper paperwork – through no fault of the children.

Why do you keep repeating the either deportation or amnesty bit all the time?

Attrition Through Enforcement Is the True Middle-ground Solution

The open borders crowd constantly tell the American people that there are only two solutions to our nation's illegal alien crisis – give illegal aliens amnesty or round them up and deport them. This is a diversionary tactic to draw public attention away from the most effective and efficient solution – Attrition Through Enforcement.

The principle behind Attrition Through Enforcement is that living illegally in the United States will become more difficult and less satisfying over time when the government – at ALL LEVELS – enforces all of the laws already on the books. It is also imperative that the government with the full cooperation of the private sector, implements certain workplace enforcement measures. The goal is to make it extremely difficult for unauthorized persons to live and work in the United States. There is no need for taxpayers to watch the government spend billions of their dollars to round up and deport illegal aliens; they will buy their own bus or plane tickets back home if they can no longer earn a living here.

We know Attrition Through Enforcement will work because, until recently, it has been shown to work even with little or no enforcement. As it currently stands, almost 200,000 illegal aliens self-deport from the United States every year, but imagine how many more would leave if our government refused to award illegal aliens another amnesty, mandated all employers to verify a person’s eligibility to work here, cracked down on identity fraud, and enabled local police to easily transfer illegal aliens in their custody to the feds.

I'm beginning to think this is all bureaucratic bullshit no matter what side of the aisle.

Bullshit plain and simple.

I used to live in a really well known heavy duty agri area of southern ontario. Hawtrey. A smidge north of Delhi.

Tobacco country and more.

We had every Mexican and Jamaican legal and working in fields. And I know this because I worked side by side with some of them.

So what's the bullshit from your government that you cannot get agri workers legally processed?

And by the way I'm a dual citizen so I know the bullshit. And when they wanted my husband at Saturn he got his work visa likety split and we were down in two weeks. Should there be a c in likety? Not doing good with spelling today.

Some bullshits going on.

Last edited:

WHAT IS INSANITY?

1. Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for some 2.7 million illegal aliens
2. Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens
3. Section 245(i) Extension Amnesty, 1997: An extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994
4. Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America
5. Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA), 1998: An amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti
6. Late Amnesty, 2000: An amnesty for some illegal aliens who claim they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty, an estimated 400,000 illegal aliens
7. LIFE Act Amnesty, 2000: A reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty, an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.

Which is why I wouldn't support amnesty unless there was a secure border? We've given amnesty over and over... the reason is our borders aren't secure. No, I'm not for an open border. Which is why I won't vote for quacks like Romney and Gingrich. As much talk as they have talked they'll secure the border about as well as Bush and Obama did/are... Paul, Perry, Bachmann, and Santorum are the only ones that MAY have the sense to do it. I don't believe in blanket amnesty. Which is why I didn't state that I did....

as far stretched as our military is and how crazy the world is now I don't see a problem with allowing the illegals to stay if their willing to serve the country they've been living off for four years. Seems pretty cut and dry to me... but only after we actually have a secure border, so we don't have this crap happen again. Is my position clear now? Or are you still going to lie and say I support open borders?:eusa_angel:

WHAT IS INSANITY?

Which is why I wouldn't support amnesty unless there was a secure border? We've given amnesty over and over... the reason is our borders aren't secure. No, I'm not for an open border. Which is why I won't vote for quacks like Romney and Gingrich. As much talk as they have talked they'll secure the border about as well as Bush and Obama did/are... Paul, Perry, Bachmann, and Santorum are the only ones that MAY have the sense to do it. I don't believe in blanket amnesty. Which is why I didn't state that I did....

as far stretched as our military is and how crazy the world is now I don't see a problem with allowing the illegals to stay if their willing to serve the country they've been living off for four years. Seems pretty cut and dry to me... but only after we actually have a secure border, so we don't have this crap happen again. Is my position clear now? Or are you still going to lie and say I support open borders?:eusa_angel:

hehehe

Just for fun, let's apply Mexico's illegal immigration laws.

Just for fun.....:D

More Gibberish from Newt

Why do you keep repeating the either deportation or amnesty bit all the time?

Attrition Through Enforcement Is the True Middle-ground Solution

The open borders crowd constantly tell the American people that there are only two solutions to our nation's illegal alien crisis – give illegal aliens amnesty or round them up and deport them. This is a diversionary tactic to draw public attention away from the most effective and efficient solution – Attrition Through Enforcement.

The principle behind Attrition Through Enforcement is that living illegally in the United States will become more difficult and less satisfying over time when the government – at ALL LEVELS – enforces all of the laws already on the books. It is also imperative that the government with the full cooperation of the private sector, implements certain workplace enforcement measures. The goal is to make it extremely difficult for unauthorized persons to live and work in the United States. There is no need for taxpayers to watch the government spend billions of their dollars to round up and deport illegal aliens; they will buy their own bus or plane tickets back home if they can no longer earn a living here.

We know Attrition Through Enforcement will work because, until recently, it has been shown to work even with little or no enforcement. As it currently stands, almost 200,000 illegal aliens self-deport from the United States every year, but imagine how many more would leave if our government refused to award illegal aliens another amnesty, mandated all employers to verify a person’s eligibility to work here, cracked down on identity fraud, and enabled local police to easily transfer illegal aliens in their custody to the feds.

The obvious liberal response would be... they won't leave they'll just resort to crime... (as "many" of them already have). There's merit to both arguments. I THINK I saw an article stating either that less illegal immigrants are migrating to the U.S. and/or some illegals have fled back to Mexico because of the horrific state of our economy. Then of course, there's the obvious fact that many of "them" are just here living off the drug trade anyway. I guess a secure border and decriminilization of marijuana could actually solve those problems... and make living off a black market drug trade wouldn't make them any money.

So it could work...

We do need a larger military though... I'm just saying.

WHAT IS INSANITY?

I will ask it again...............What exactly does a "secure" border mean? Specifically.

WHAT IS INSANITY?

I will ask it again...............What exactly does a "secure" border mean? Specifically.

When we control what goes in and what goes out of our borders they are secure.

More Gibberish from Newt

If we secured the borders, stopped granting automatic citizenship to babies born to people who sneaked in illegally, banned hiring of illegals and charge those workers and companies who got caught, they'd stop coming and deport themselves. If any want to apply for citizenship, there would be conditions to atone for breaking laws. Anyone with a criminal record is stuck on the other side of the border and no more allowing them in.

It's the parents who put the children in the position they are in. If parents are criminals, then we can't help them. If not, they are the ones in debt to us and we don't owe them. They'll have to atone for breaking laws and likely using someone elses social security number if they worked. Don't forget the citizens harmed by having their numbers or identity stolen. I know no one like to talk about that, but it's reality.

A lot of criminals have families. We don't go easy on murderers, rapists or bank robbers because they have children. Their families suffer because of their actions, not ours.

Last edited:

You need to think that one through again. You don't want everyone who applies to serve because not everyone who applies will be fit to serve. And even if the majority of Americans would accept the prospect of amnesty, it would need not mean citizenship.

When we control what goes in and what goes out of our borders they are secure.

What kind of control? How much control? Your answer means nothing.

Forum List

Back