More Gay Hypocricy

I am of this view as well, and would have participated in the Chik-fil-A Day if one were near me for this very reason.

CFA does donate to organizations which actively work to maintain marriage discrimination and defeat ballot measure smaking gay marriage equal to hetoro marriage.

Like they say: Follow the money. And that money source is Chik-fil-A.

CFA is fighting to keep marriage as one man/one woman. That does not translate to CFA hates gays.

What do we say about people who fought against legalized interracial marriage?

Warning: inappropriate comparison to civil rights movement spotted!

This isn't about blacks or whites. It is about chicken sandwiches.

Remind me what gays are being denied at CFA. To my knowledge nothing. If someone can show actual discrimination we might be able to talk.

The CEO of CFA writes checks to organizations which seek to prevent marriage equality for gays. For instance, he donates to the Family Research Council which actively works against state ballot measures which seek to give gays marriage equality.

That is not discrimination of customers, employees, or suppliers of CFA. That is his own damn business.

And if gays do not want to support his own damn business, that is THEIR business.

I am of this view as well, and would have participated in the Chik-fil-A Day if one were near me for this very reason.

CFA does donate to organizations which actively work to maintain marriage discrimination and defeat ballot measure smaking gay marriage equal to hetoro marriage.

Like they say: Follow the money. And that money source is Chik-fil-A.

CFA is fighting to keep marriage as one man/one woman. That does not translate to CFA hates gays.

We who?

I believe interracial marriage was between one man/one woman so the definition of marriage was the same.

What did we say about people who fought against legalized interracial marriage?

By boycotting the purchasing of CFA sandwiches, gays are avoiding their money being used to fund organizations working against their interests. Which is the very opposite of the hypocrisy being claimed in the OP.

Sounds like they are exercising common sense to me.

Last edited:

They did not say CFA hates gays. They said CFA contributes to hateful organizations.

Who is they?

This whole CFA thing spurred 'CFA hates gays' type of talk. CFA may believe that homosexuality and ssm is wrong or a sin ... but I do not believe CFA "hates the gays".

If the CEO of CFA was donating money to Obama, I bet all of the anti-gay marriage people here would have no problem comprehending that they should stop eating CFA sandwiches, and would be understandably baffled by some numbnut calling them hypocrites for doing so.

Last edited:

They did not say CFA hates gays. They said CFA contributes to hateful organizations.

Who is they?

This whole CFA thing spurred 'CFA hates gays' type of talk. CFA may believe that homosexuality and ssm is wrong or a sin ... but I do not believe CFA "hates the gays".

Did you read the OP or not? Did you read the link in the OP?

That is who "they" is.

We urge mall owners who rent space to Chick-fil-A to look deeply at the hateful organizations the company supports.

The petitioners are not saying "CFA hates gays". You came up with that on your own.

Who is they?

That is who "they" is.

We urge mall owners who rent space to Chick-fil-A to look deeply at the hateful organizations the company supports.

The petitioners are not saying "CFA hates gays". You came up with that on your own.

"hateful organizations" ... why, because they believe that homosexuality is a sin and they believe ssm is wrong and are fighting to preserve traditional marriage? :eusa_hand: Like I said earlier, it's like people don't know the meaning of the word tolerant.

Go google "CFA hates gays". It's all over the web and it's bullshit. CFA doesn't believe in ssm and run their business according to their Christian beliefs and it drives gays nuts so they cry that "CFA hates the gays." It may not have been in the OP but it's relevant to this discussion, which is why I brought it up.

Last edited:
Who is they?

That is who "they" is.

"hateful organizations" ... why, because they believe that homosexuality is a sin and they believe ssm is wrong and are fighting to preserve traditional marriage? :eusa_hand: Like I said earlier, it's like people don't know the meaning of the word tolerant.

Go google "CFA hates gays". It's all over the web and it's bullshit. CFA doesn't believe in ssm and run their business according to their Christian beliefs and it drives gays nuts so they cry that "CFA hates the gays." It may not have been in the OP but it's relevant to this discussion, which is why I brought it up.

Gays have more issues with the Family Research Council than marriage. Perhaps you should use your Google-fu to look into that.

And like I said, if the anti-gay marriage people discovered CFA was a big donor to Obama, you would have no trouble comprehending why it would be a bad idea to spend your money there.

Last edited:
This whole controversy is bullshit.

Here are some facts:

Just because a person likes Chick-Fil-A sandwiches does NOT mean that person opposes same sex marriage.

Just because a person opposes same sex marriage does not mean that person hates gay people.

Just because gays want to change the definition of "marriage" does not mean that should happen.

It is possible to give gay couples all of the same benefits that married couples get without changing the definition of marriage.

Got it, Gays are intolerant because they disagree with CFA's intolerance? Well, that makes sense.

What "intolerance?" Have the owners ever refused to serve gays? Have they even declined to hire gays?

Liberal Dictionary:
==============================================
intolerance - not liberal

This whole controversy is bullshit.

Here are some facts:

Just because a person likes Chick-Fil-A sandwiches does NOT mean that person opposes same sex marriage.

Agreed. I said I would eat at CFA to support their 1st amendment rights which some politicians are trying to oppress.

Just because a person opposes same sex marriage does not mean that person hates gay people.

At the bottom of all opposition to gay marriage are one or both of two things. "God hates fags" or just simple dislike or hatred of gays, ranging from a mild ick factor to outright murderous rage. Layered on top is a lot of smoke and mirrors and logical fallacies to cover up these simple facts.

Just because gays want to change the definition of "marriage" does not mean that should happen.

No one has ever given a logical reason for why not.

It is possible to give gay couples all of the same benefits that married couples get without changing the definition of marriage.

And gays would be perfectly happy with that arrangement, I'm sure. Because this is not about the word "marriage". This is about equal protection of the laws. A fact which seems to escape most anti-gay marriage people.

Last edited:
The rw's are such drama queens. Really. READ the crap they've posted here.

Are you people really willing to through your health out the window in order to support some non-christian christian?

Good gawd, even when I was a meat eater, I knew better than to shove fatty garbage in my face.

Okay, you can go back to lying about how you'll drive two or three states away and sell the family car and prostitute yore mama and force feed yore keeds and and and and ... in order to hurt the "gay mafia".

GAY MAFIA???

I'll give you this - you're funny as hell. And, imaginative.

Chick-fil-A doesn't operate in a vacuum. Its money comes from customers who eat at Chick-fil-A outlets in malls, on college campuses and in corporate centers. We in the equality movement simply wish to inform those who do business with Chick-fil-A that actions have consequences.

In a petition, Equality Illinois is urging socially responsible business and institutional leaders across the country to challenge Chick-fil-A's discriminatory practices and end all relationships that enable the Chick-fil-A brand to operate on their premises.
It’s called an economic boycott, perfectly legal, perfectly appropriate – there’s no ‘hypocrisy,’ gay or otherwise. And as long as government stays out of it citizens may petition for boycotts for whatever reason, without justification. It’s the rough and tumble, cruel and capricious ‘free market’ dogma conservatives embrace.

Silly Manufactured outrage....that you engaged in? :confused:

No, I'm not outraged. I just enjoyed a nice lunch a couple of times. I think the entire issue of fags being upset because a guy spoke his opinion is pretty damn stupid but it did put Chick-Fil-A on the lunch menu. ~shrug~ LOL, Homos are some of the most intolerant people their are and I find it amusing that they are always claiming that people other then themselves are so intolerant. Pretty silly stuff.

Got it, Gays are intolerant because they disagree with CFA's intolerance? Well, that makes sense.

No because they're militant "with us or against us" types....you can be for gays in many areas, but if you dont support what they want you to, they will crucify you.....ie they are very very intolerant

Which is the status quo. Right now, that is the way IT IS.

They are not seeking to change anything.....anything that hasn't been that way forever.

What part of that don't these morons get ?

What makes them so special ?

Chick-fil-A doesn't operate in a vacuum. Its money comes from customers who eat at Chick-fil-A outlets in malls, on college campuses and in corporate centers. We in the equality movement simply wish to inform those who do business with Chick-fil-A that actions have consequences.

In a petition, Equality Illinois is urging socially responsible business and institutional leaders across the country to challenge Chick-fil-A's discriminatory practices and end all relationships that enable the Chick-fil-A brand to operate on their premises.
It’s called an economic boycott, perfectly legal, perfectly appropriate – there’s no ‘hypocrisy,’ gay or otherwise. And as long as government stays out of it citizens may petition for boycotts for whatever reason, without justification. It’s the rough and tumble, cruel and capricious ‘free market’ dogma conservatives embrace.

From the self-proclaimed "tolerant" branch of our society.

"Tolerant" => We'll tolerate you as long as you go along. Cross us and we'll show the other side of "tolerant".

Hypocritical bastards.

By boycotting the purchasing of CFA sandwiches, gays are avoiding their money being used to fund organizations working against their interests. Which is the very opposite of the hypocrisy being claimed in the OP.

Sounds like they are exercising common sense to me.

You read the OP...where this group is looking to "call upon" businesses and schools to "reconsider" their position with respect to CFA and anyone who they don't like.

That isn't common sense. It's called economic pressure. Anytime someone tries to push politically correct through the marketplace (including conservatives) they'll find me against them.

Forum List

Back