More From the Religion of Peace

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I haven't gotten around to checkin' out the swamp of site about Islam. But here is one:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040715/ts_nm/iraq_corpse_dc

excerpt

She said it was not known whether the body was that of a Bulgarian hostage killed by his captors earlier this week. A deadline for the threatened execution of a second Bulgarian hostage passed last night without news.

The body was found near Baiji, 112 miles north of Baghdad, Wednesday night.

"The body had been decapitated. It was dressed in an orange jumpsuit," the spokeswoman said.

Videotapes of foreign hostages in Iraq (news - web sites) have often shown them wearing orange jumpsuits, which are typical of U.S. jails and associated around the world with images of Muslims detained at the U.S. naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

A diplomat at the Bulgarian Embassy in Baghdad said he was aware that a body had been discovered, but it was not known whether it was one of the captured Bulgarians.

In Sofia, Bulgarian Foreign Minister Solomon Passy said the government had asked for an urgent investigation to identify the body.

"At this moment we do not have a confirmation whether it is one of our ompatriots," he told Bulgarian television.

Why are you pinning the act of individuals on an entire religion? There are demented Christians that kill in the name of god as well. What is your point in this? Did you read the links I posted for you in the other thread?

Have you heard of the Army of God?

Sir Evil said:
Ummm, I don't think that she is the writer of the story! :rolleyes:

She is the author of the thread title "More from the Religion of Peace". The article itself makes no indictment of Islam.

Sir Evil said:
NO! she has linked to the story by the original author. Point being it is just an article that she posted, so why ask her if she holds individuals responsible for a whole religion?

Actually, yes. The title of the article she posted is "Headless Corpse in Orange Jumpsuit Found in Iraq", not "More From the Religion of Peace". Her title suggests that Islam is somehow responsible for the headless corpse. Perhaps she can expound more on her choice for the thread title, but it seems quite obvious to me. Do you interpret it differently?

TheOne said:
Actually, yes. The title of the article she posted is "Headless Corpse in Orange Jumpsuit Found in Iraq", not "More From the Religion of Peace". Her title suggests that Islam is somehow responsible for the headless corpse. Perhaps she can expound more on her choice for the thread title, but it seems quite obvious to me. Do you interpret it differently?

I don't bullshit around. Islam is not a religion of peace. Don't believe that if you want, but remember, denial is not a river in Egypt!

TheOne said:

THEY claim it's JIHAD as well. Get a grip.

rtwngAvngr said:
THEY claim it's JIHAD as well. Get a grip.

"They" meaning the terrorists, not the entire religion of Islam, right? Get a grip on what?

Sir Evil said:
I interpret her as making a post that has a direct connection to the story!
we are here to discuss all kinds of aspects. this one also pertains to the religion in question, a point of view is probably the intention!

And this is the point of view I am taking issue with. Initially, you asserted that she was just posting an article, yet now you agree with me that she was posting a "point of view". I am glad we got that straightened out and agree.

freeandfun1 said:
I don't bullshit around. Islam is not a religion of peace. Don't believe that if you want, but remember, denial is not a river in Egypt!

I certainly respect your viewpoint, but I heartily disagree. I think you are generalizing the actions of a few and indicting an entire group of normal people. That is your prerogative of course, but I think it's a mistake. Perhaps you can convince of me this. I will certainly listen and debate you on the matter.

TheOne said:
And this is the point of view I am taking issue with. Initially, you asserted that she was just posting an article, yet now you agree with me that she was posting a "point of view". I am glad we got that straightened out and agree.

You argue like mat.

TheOne said:
I certainly respect your viewpoint, but I heartily disagree. I think you are generalizing the actions of a few and indicting an entire group of normal people. That is your prerogative of course, but I think it's a mistake. Perhaps you can convince of me this. I will certainly listen and debate you on the matter.

i know a lot of Muslims. I have travelled throughout the world. on a case-by-case basis, I have no problems with Muslims. A matter-of-fact, I have many Muslims friends here in the USA and abroad. Perhaps I should not paint all with a broad brush, but it is clear that the MAJORITY support the "terrorists" or they would speak out more. Oft times, actions speak much louder than words and all we are seeing out of the MAJORITY of those in the Muslim community is silence. If they are truly a peace loving religion, they would WHOLEHEARTEDLY condemn the actions of the "few". But they don't. So in my opinion, their inaction speaks VOLUMES!

freeandfun1 said:
i know a lot of Muslims. I have travelled throughout the world. on a case-by-case basis, I have no problems with Muslims. A matter-of-fact, I have many Muslims friends here in the USA and abroad. Perhaps I should not paint all with a broad brush, but it is clear that the MAJORITY support the "terrorists" or they would speak out more. Oft times, actions speak much louder than words and all we are seeing out of the MAJORITY of those in the Muslim community is silence. If they are truly a peace loving religion, they would WHOLEHEARTEDLY condemn the actions of the "few". But they don't. So in my opinion, their inaction speaks VOLUMES!

I am happy to hear you are accepting of Muslims and not a bigot. Many Islamic leaders and organizations have denounced terror publically. It seems the press is not covering it very well. I will concede some Islamic leaders should be more proactive and that is troubling. If others can reach out like you, freeandfun1, and make freinds with Muslims, I think it will strike a blow to the Islamic terrorists. I imagine they would hate that very much.

Perhaps a lot of the "peaceful" Muslims are afraid to speak out or feel no need to alleviate the fears of others ?

dilloduck said:
Perhaps a lot of the "peaceful" Muslims are afraid to speak out or feel no need to alleviate the fears of others ?

I think that would be a false premise. Too many of the 'headlines' via Rueters, etc. claiming that the 'leaders'are slamming terrorists, in actuality are excuses for the terrorists, claiming it's the fault of the joos and the US.

dilloduck said:

Did you see OBL's ex sis-in-law on Fox yesterday? As she said, the problem is that in the Muslim society, there is no such thing as being "too religious". Therefore, nobody ever challenges those that commit acts in the name of G*d.
:puke:

TheOne said:
I am happy to hear you are accepting of Muslims and not a bigot. Many Islamic leaders and organizations have denounced terror publically. It seems the press is not covering it very well. I will concede some Islamic leaders should be more proactive and that is troubling. If others can reach out like you, freeandfun1, and make freinds with Muslims, I think it will strike a blow to the Islamic terrorists. I imagine they would hate that very much.
You have claimed in discussion with me:

1. You do not defend muslims, but view them the same as Christians.

2. You know nothing about the reiligions or Bible or koran.

3. You just want no religious fanatics.

4. You are NOT a muslim and do not propagate their propaganda.

You lie.

I have read some of the posts on here about Islam being a "bad" religion. It's not but I don't think it would do much good to offer support for that. The fact is, as a Muslim, I myself am deeply distressed about the image bin Laden and company are presenting to the world. And the truth of the matter is all Americans are enemies to these people - even American Muslims. If they detonate a nuc in one of our cities (killing Muslim and non-Muslim alike) they'll justify it someway. Remember, Zarqawi has killed far more Muslims in Iraq than non-Muslims.

khayri11 said:
I have read some of the posts on here about Islam being a "bad" religion. It's not but I don't think it would do much good to offer support for that. The fact is, as a Muslim, I myself am deeply distressed about the image bin Laden and company are presenting to the world. And the truth of the matter is all Americans are enemies to these people - even American Muslims. If they detonate a nuc in one of our cities (killing Muslim and non-Muslim alike) they'll justify it someway. Remember, Zarqawi has killed far more Muslims in Iraq than non-Muslims.

The koran is the root of islamic faith.

If the text says things like the promotion of terroist behavior, then the religion is bad.

If you choose to do something different, it means you are not muslim then, but an offshoot of it. That is fine if those beliefs and texts are different and peaceful.

-But to claim islam its self something different than what the koran claims is flat out wrong. That is what most muslims try to do here.

NewGuy said:
You have claimed in discussion with me:

1. You do not defend muslims, but view them the same as Christians.

2. You know nothing about the reiligions or Bible or koran.

3. You just want no religious fanatics.

4. You are NOT a muslim and do not propagate their propaganda.

You lie.

What exactly am I lying about? I am not a Muslim. I don't know what propaganda you are refering to. The links to sites where Muslim leaders are condemning terrorism? I do not think religious fanatism, especially that which uses violence and proselytizes, has a place in civilized society. I certainly have never claimed to be an expert on the Bible or the Koran, I only see that divisions created by the radical fringes of both these religions are causing global problems. I will defend peaceful Muslims and Christians equally. I will speak out against violent ones and even those who propose violent solutions or genocidal solutions to dealing with each other.

I think I have been consistent with all of this. Where have I strayed from this and lied? I am sorry if I am offending you.

New Guy:

How are you going to tell me that this religion promotes terrorism? It does not. That is not supported by, the Qur'an, sunna of Muhammad (saw) or the vast majority of Islam's 1400 plus years of history. And remember: anything can be taken out of context (including Christianity and the Bible).

Forum List

Back