More "fracking-induced" quakes in Oklahoma

I deny that you can change the opinion of a zealot using facts or evidence.

You being a perfect example of said zealotry.

Really? Is that what it is now, when folks know more on your favorite topic? Are you ever going to bring back malthusian church members with functioning intellectual abilities?

JiggsCasey said:
I deny that most zealots review all available evidence on BOTH sides of an issue with equal zeal.

You being a perfect example of said bias.

Oh now come on, I know i've embarrassed you badly with your "I'll give you 3 for 2" and other famous displays of retardation, but you don't get to use my superior knowledge of YOUR side of the debate as a claim of bias.

Really? Is that what it is now, when folks know more on your favorite topic? Are you ever going to bring back malthusian church members with functioning intellectual abilities?

The only things you know more about are on-the-ground drilling intricacies as a wildcatter. You're no development geologist, and you don't appear to know jack about the macro-economics of the equation. Never forget that. I surely won't.

Oh now come on, I know i've embarrassed you badly with your "I'll give you 3 for 2" and other famous displays of retardation, but you don't get to use my superior knowledge of YOUR side of the debate as a claim of bias.

You've never once embarrassed me on any aspect of our exchanges. What happens is I leave you out of bullets and trolling on a personal level, at which point I know I've won.

The "3 for 2 exchange" never happened the way you keep trolling it happened, and I've challenged you numerous times to link , and instead you run from it. That's because you're a liar and a coward, and it's easier for you to just wait for another day to re-write forum history.

The only things you know more about are on-the-ground drilling intricacies as a wildcatter.

I've never been a wildcatter in my life. But I've drilled quite a few wells. Are you sure you can't find us someone with functioning synapses? Or at the very LEAST knows something about the business?

JiggsCasey said:
You're no development geologist, and you don't appear to know jack about the macro-economics of the equation. Never forget that. I surely won't.

I am certainly no geologist. Or economist. But neither am I ignorant of the particulars of either of these disciplines. And when I discuss these issues, I don't require parroting the work of others to work through the problem. You really do need to bring back someone from your church that knows something, rather than just you cutting and pasting the work of others, and pretending you understand the concepts involved, rather than just parroting them.

Jiggscasey said:
You've never once embarrassed me on any aspect of our exchanges.

Now don't lie, your "I'll give you 4 of something if you give me 3 back" was a classic EROEI disaster on your part, and your pretending to understand the Hirsch report was another unmitigated mess. You tucked tail and ran from that one so fast I thought you were The Flash!

JiggsCasey said:
The "3 for 2 exchange" never happened the way you keep trolling it happened, and I've challenged you numerous times to link , and instead you run from it.

Why should I have to link to YOUR cockup? It isn't my fault that you proved at that moment that not only did you know nothing about EROEI, but you can't even THINK about what you were saying.

Jiggsy hands me 5 widgets. I hand him back 4. Obviously then I have just acquired a free widget! And Jiggsy wants to keep doing this scheme...forever! Except with hydrocarbons and whatnot!

Talk about a money making proposition, I was drooling all over the prospect of getting the tanker cars and pipelines built to your location to turn this scheme of yours into reality! But alas....I had to go and tell you how stupid it was...and only THEN did you realize that you needed help from a 2nd grader to get the math straight.

But have no fear! Link or not, certainly I won't rat you out to your church...they might excommunicate you.

JiggsCasey said:
That's because you're a liar and a coward, and it's easier for you to just wait for another day to re-write forum history.

A couple weeks ago I was listening to Yergin and speaking with Adam Sieminski in Washington at the EIA conference...where were you? Let me guess...you were praying to the prophets of peak, crying....asking that they grant your wish and put the fastest growing oil production in the history of the United States back in the genie bottle.Or maybe you were concerned about how your church looks, in the aftermath of reality? Still pining away for TOD perhaps? Never fear, Malthusians never really go away, they just recycle bad ideas every few years and pretend the last round of "how stupid can a Malthusian get" never happened. Memories of a goldfish. Like you, and your EROEI stunt that you now pretend you don't remember.:cuckoo:

I am certainly no geologist. Or economist.

You sure aren't, as displayed over and over again.

But neither am I ignorant of the particulars of either of these disciplines.

LOL... Yes you are, RGR. Yes you are. Incredibly ignorant. Just admit it. It's OK, we're here for you. You're a poster who, when challenged to explain <2% growth since oil price began its wild volatility, punted to "so? drive less!!" ... .

If you weren't ignorant to them, you would have attempted to offer a counter-narrative for what $100/bl oil is already doing to the global economy. You know, something deeper than "so? ride a bike." :badgrin: ...

And when I discuss these issues, I don't require parroting the work of others to work through the problem. You really do need to bring back someone from your church that knows something, rather than just you cutting and pasting the work of others, and pretending you understand the concepts involved, rather than just parroting them.

See, dipshit. Here's how it works: You back up your assertions with links to mainstream and academic articles that anyone reading along can verify. You don't spew a bunch of unfalsifiable jargon and insinuate a "trust me" blanket over it all.

No matter how many times you repeat it, it's not parroting, it's sourcing your fucking claim. I guess the clergy at your church instruct you fracktard zealots never to back up your work before they disperse you upon the masses. That would require facts, which you don't often have.

Now don't lie, your "I'll give you 4 of something if you give me 3 back" was a classic EROEI disaster on your part,

LOL... epic liar. There was no "give you, give me" angle to what I conveyed, you fraud. I explained EROEI as how much energy you have to spend in order to get energy back in usable form. You're so fucking stupid, you've re-written the exchange in your empty head so often that it's pathological for you by now.

Why should I have to link to YOUR cockup?

Because with your vast history of forum dishonesty, when you can't back-up your claim, it makes you look like a liar all over again. See how this works?

It isn't my fault that you proved at that moment that not only did you know nothing about EROEI, but you can't even THINK about what you were saying.

LOL... troll. Re-writing forum history in an effort to make yourself not look so empty. Not how it happened. You're the one who ran from the exchange pretending EROEI doesn't matter.

A couple weeks ago I was listening to Yergin and speaking with Adam Sieminski in Washington at the EIA conference...where were you? Let me guess...you were praying to the prophets of peak, crying....asking that they grant your wish and put the fastest growing oil production in the history of the United States back in the genie bottle.

ROFLMAO!!!!! ... Yergin... Leave it to you to source a long-debunked cornucopian who pretends peak doesn't matter because price doesn't matter. Now I see where you get your hollow dogma.

Yeah, there's plenty of junk oil, Dan. If the world could afford it as $200 per 42-gallon barrel. Back here in reality, the world can't afford it at $100, let alone the $200/bl. you'd need to make your "plenty" a reality. Might wanna tell your loyal lap-dog, RGR, here that price kinda matters. He still doesn't get it.

"fastest growing"... good stuff.

Unconventional oil production? It's a short-term blip that is already showing signs of exhaustion. Expect decline by the end of the decade, if the majors' dumping CAPEX is any indication.

You're such as arrogant douchebag on this issue, yet you have so much invested in your snake oil pitch, you'll never back down now. I suspect by 2020 or so, when your industry is officially terminal, you'll do a "Big Fitz" and quietly disappear like the gutless coward that you are.

Last edited:
I am certainly no geologist. Or economist.

You sure aren't, as displayed over and over again.

How would you know? Parrots aren't exactly widely known for their ability to think, much less figure out what they don't know, or recognize those who aren't so limited.

JiggsCasey said:
But neither am I ignorant of the particulars of either of these disciplines.

If you weren't ignorant to them, you would have attempted to offer a counter-narrative for what $100/bl oil is already doing to the global economy. You know, something deeper than "so? ride a bike." :badgrin: ...

You are, as usual, incorrect. Remaining silent on certain topics (even though I haven't on this one, and you, as usual, are just ignoring what was written because it doesn't fit within your script) does not imply ignorance...but does perhaps demonstrate something you can't....the ability to think and consider.

JiggsCasey said:
See, dipshit. Here's how it works: You back up your assertions with links to mainstream and academic articles that anyone reading along can verify. You don't spew a bunch of unfalsifiable jargon and insinuate a "trust me" blanket over it all.

We have discussed this before. Your inability to access a library got in the way, you can't even access the 1989 Colin Campbell prediction of peak oil because your church has banned all knowledge on it. And you, only being able to parrot, and without a at LEAST national class geoscience library, can't be bothered in learning about it. Which requires you to put restrictions on what I am allowed to know....and of course....I have no such restriction in my professional study of this particular topic. You should up your game, rather than recommending that everyone else dumb down theirs to the limited level of information your church provides you with.

JiggsCasey said:
No matter how many times you repeat it, it's not parroting, it's sourcing your fucking claim.

of what value is that when you can't be bothered to go to the liberry to learn anything? I realize that the propaganda you so enjoy citing is easy to get at...that is the entire point....your references are pimping, selling, advocating...something...therefore they must advertise everywhere, and parrots like you love it.

But the instant a real reference from a real science journal is involved? You dissolve like sugar in water.

Watch how easy this is.

"... it is unsafe to rest in the assurance that plenty of petroleum will be found in the future merely because it has been in the past."

Snider, L., Brooks, B., American Association of Petroleum Geologists Bulletin, 1936

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? Would you like to discuss the article in question? Assuming you can find at your local library, it not being among the circular references provided by your church.

Of course, the context will be important as well, ranging from Hubbert's prediction of peak oil in the US in 1938 (on or before 1950), the Secretary's 1943 claim of "Is America Running out of Oil?", and various other claims of scarcity of the period.

I'm sure this is all covered in your parrot briefing materials.

JiggsCasey said:
A couple weeks ago I was listening to Yergin and speaking with Adam Sieminski in Washington at the EIA conference...where were you? Let me guess...you were praying to the prophets of peak, crying....asking that they grant your wish and put the fastest growing oil production in the history of the United States back in the genie bottle.

ROFLMAO!!!!! ... Yergin... Leave it to you to source a long-debunked cornucopian who pretends peak doesn't matter because price doesn't matter. Now I see where you get your hollow dogma.

Well, those of us who do this for a living are forced to talk to everyone. I was at PCI's home office in Santa Rosa in June. Have you either been to EITHER places, or talked to the real people involved?

Feel free to get back with me when you are given the response by your church on the information they keep from you.

Forum List

Back