More FoxNews Right-Wing slant

Fox News...Selective editing...

a.k.a... keeping the party PURE...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC2DJR8IJLo

But their viewers don't seem to mind...

702827byhzi8b9ak.gif

Did you follow up and check out Gore's companies to see if he is telling the truth or did you just swallow the koolaid?? oh, and btw,, I didn't watch that exchange on fox I watched it on c-span check out Gore's companies and investments,,

Yes, AND.....................

and what?

First of all Al Gore has made a FORTUNE off of Global Warming. He flys around the country getting paid "millions" to give speeches, make documentaries, etc. Not only that but he takes his big gas guzzling plane & spews carbon all over the sky while doing it. He lives in a mansion that costs $6000.00 per month just for electric utility costs. Global warming has been a HUGE cash cow for Al Gore.

BARACK OBAMA--did in fact state what he stated on the VIDEO. OBAMA LIED. He stated on 3 different occasions that there were no earmarks in the 787 BILLION dollar economic stimulus bill. He rushed it through so fast--no one could read it. He did it for a reason. In this bill was 640 MILLION dollars to build Harry Reids train from Las Vegas to Disneyland--98 MILLION for Hollywood to buy film--75 MILLION for smoking cessation--64 MILLION for bonuses to executives at AIG--200+ MILLION for bonuses for Fannie/Freddie executives. 20 BILLION FOR ACORN. Nothing to do with economic stimulus--ALL PORK & EARMARKS.

Not only that--the next week Obama signed another 400 BILLION dollar Ominus bill that had over 9000 EARMARKS in it.

What Obama SAYS & what he DOES are two different things--get used to it.

Fox News just brought it too your attention--if you don't like the truth--then don't turn it on. You've always got Keith Olberman of MSN-PMS to explain things to you, he.he.he.

:eusa_shhh: Don't confuse them with the facts.

i notice those who quaff the right wing kool aid don't seem to mind minor edits, so long as the result is consistent with their political inclinations ... no matter how much that diminishes the truth
so, i thought i would take the liberty to effect some minor edits to a few of your comments within this thread, just to see how faux news might do it

excuse me
Did you? Welldidyahuh?

Why should Republicans accept responsibility?
and this one i agree with
nonsense.

recognizing how that worked so well, i am sure my debate opponents will not mind my taking similar liberties in the future - only without notification - just like faux news

lightning.jpg

Hell, now I wish I could play the video ... Gore is an asshat, a douchebag of the century.

Funny, the so called "liberal media" went after Gore in 2000 and gave Bush a free pass

The Media
Going After Gore
Al Gore couldn't believe his eyes: as the 2000 election heated up, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and other top news outlets kept going after him, with misquotes ("I invented the Internet"), distortions (that he lied about being the inspiration for Love Story), and strangely off-the-mark needling, while pundits such as Maureen Dowd appeared to be charmed by his rival, George W. Bush. For the first time, Gore and his family talk about the effect of the press attacks on his campaign—and about his future plans—to the author, who finds that many in the media are re-assessing their 2000 coverage.

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2007/10/gore200710
ROFLMAO
nice source there

ENOUGH WITH FOXNEWS! I don't care if they're going to have far right-wing commentators, but at least show people the WHOLE story behind what you're commentating on!

First thing to read,
http://www.capitalresearch.org/pubs/pdf/v1217525953.pdf

Second thing to read,
Gore lies to Congress about personal finances « Green Hell Blog (read links within the blog).

Seems you missed the whole story to.

Seems YOU missed the whole story MM... Why don't you find out WHO is funding the Capital Research Center???...When you follow the $$$, All these right wing (conservative think tanks) organizations leads back to the same people... big industries that have a vested interest is denying climate change... oil, mining and the worst polluters on the planet...

Funding
Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation
Sarah Scaife Foundation
Carthage Foundation
Earhart Foundation
Claude R. Lambe Charitable Foundation
John M. Olin Foundation
Philip M. McKenna Foundation

Hell, now I wish I could play the video ... Gore is an asshat, a douchebag of the century.

Funny, the so called "liberal media" went after Gore in 2000 and gave Bush a free pass

The Media
Going After Gore
Al Gore couldn't believe his eyes: as the 2000 election heated up, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and other top news outlets kept going after him, with misquotes ("I invented the Internet"), distortions (that he lied about being the inspiration for Love Story), and strangely off-the-mark needling, while pundits such as Maureen Dowd appeared to be charmed by his rival, George W. Bush. For the first time, Gore and his family talk about the effect of the press attacks on his campaign—and about his future plans—to the author, who finds that many in the media are re-assessing their 2000 coverage.

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2007/10/gore200710
ROFLMAO
nice source there

Yes it is...Al Gore and his family and members of the media talking to the author of the article... imagine THAT!

The TRUTH is the media DID misquote and lie about what Al Gore said and did...

Excuse me while my sides are reattached from laughing so hard.

Obama and Constitutional in the same video? Let alone the same sentence. o.o; Wow. That's like David Duke coming out and saying he supports the efforts of the ADL.

Yeah, though his predecessor definitely started it all, but Obama is certainly contiuning to bail out Wall Street, taking our money and spending it through 'stimulus' packages, demanding lien holders fork over their claims over Chrysler, continuing to excessive tax, continuing to excessive inflate our currency and so on. All of which are very unconstitutional.

Obama and Constitutional in the same video? Let alone the same sentence. o.o; Wow. That's like David Duke coming out and saying he supports the efforts of the ADL.

Yeah, though his predecessor definitely started it all, but Obama is certainly contiuning to bail out Wall Street, taking our money and spending it through 'stimulus' packages, demanding lien holders fork over their claims over Chrysler, continuing to excessive tax, continuing to excessive inflate our currency and so on. All of which are very unconstitutional.

Give me a list of the articles of the Constitution Obama has violated...

ENOUGH WITH FOXNEWS! I don't care if they're going to have far right-wing commentators, but at least show people the WHOLE story behind what you're commentating on!

First thing to read,

Second thing to read,
Gore lies to Congress about personal finances « Green Hell Blog (read links within the blog).

Seems YOU missed the whole story MM... Why don't you find out WHO is funding the Capital Research Center???...When you follow the $$$, All these right wing (conservative think tanks) organizations leads back to the same people... big industries that have a vested interest is denying climate change... oil, mining and the worst polluters on the planet...

Funding
Sarah Scaife Foundation
Carthage Foundation
Earhart Foundation
John M. Olin Foundation

You sure are dense, whats the matter with you do you really think the Democratic party is the party of the poor and middle class, Where do you think the 350,000,000.00 million came from certainly not you. It came from the rich both people and originations and are you so gullible to believe he doesn't owe any favors you will see the money flow to those he owes and you will be happy to see these phony ideals receive the money you fuck-in stupid fool.

First thing to read,

Second thing to read,

Funding
Sarah Scaife Foundation
Carthage Foundation
Earhart Foundation
John M. Olin Foundation

You sure are dense, whats the matter with you do you really think the Democratic party is the party of the poor and middle class, Where do you think the 350,000,000.00 million came from certainly not you. It came from the rich both people and originations and are you so gullible to believe he doesn't owe any favors you will see the money flow to those he owes and you will be happy to see these phony ideals receive the money you fuck-in stupid fool.

I think less than 1/2 the Democrats are in the tank for big industry, but the Republicans are completely owned, lock stock & barrel by corporations...

OK, I gave you a list of right wing contributors...all tied to large industry that make BILLIONS raping OUR planet, so, now you can provide a list for the 350,000,000.00 million you are talking about...

Show me how you come up with that amount, and list the contributors, provide sources with links...

I don't see the expanded clips as changing the basic impressions created by the Fox except for the one on the Supreme Court appointment. And the only reason the expanded clip on the Supreme Court appointment may change impressions is because people may get the idea that when he refers to things like "Constitutional values" and "Constitutional traditions" he means following the Constitution. He most certainly does not believe in following the Constitution. I'm sure you've seen these comments he made in the past:

"But, the Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth, and of more basic issues such as political and economic justice in society. To that extent, as radical as I think people try to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn't that radical. It didn't break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution, at least as it's been interpreted, and the Warren Court interpreted in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the states can't do to you. Says what the federal government can't do to you, but doesn't say what the federal government or state government must do on your behalf."

He threw in a qualifier about "at least as it's been interpreted," but come on. You know, I know, and he knows that the constraints he referenced were intended by the Founding Fathers. Also, you can't have justices making "empathy" and "identifying with people's hopes" factors in their decisions on the law and really be following the intent of the law. The only thing that should matter is how Constitutional language was generally understood by those who ratified it and how statute was generally understood by those who legislated it. If Justices go beyond those considerations, as has become standard practice, they are legislating from the bench. There's no question that Obama believes in the "Living Constitution" concept and would have them continue to do so.

I don't see the expanded clips as changing the basic impressions created by the Fox except for the one on the Supreme Court appointment. And the only reason the expanded clip on the Supreme Court appointment may change impressions is because people may get the idea that when he refers to things like "Constitutional values" and "Constitutional traditions" he means following the Constitution. He most certainly does not believe in following the Constitution. I'm sure you've seen these comments he made in the past:

"But, the Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth, and of more basic issues such as political and economic justice in society. To that extent, as radical as I think people try to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn't that radical. It didn't break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution, at least as it's been interpreted, and the Warren Court interpreted in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the states can't do to you. Says what the federal government can't do to you, but doesn't say what the federal government or state government must do on your behalf."

He threw in a qualifier about "at least as it's been interpreted," but come on. You know, I know, and he knows that the constraints he referenced were intended by the Founding Fathers. Also, you can't have justices making "empathy" and "identifying with people's hopes" factors in their decisions on the law and really be following the intent of the law. The only thing that should matter is how Constitutional language was generally understood by those who ratified it and how statute was generally understood by those who legislated it. If Justices go beyond those considerations, as has become standard practice, they are legislating from the bench. There's no question that Obama believes in the "Living Constitution" concept and would have them continue to do so.

Yea, I've listened to a recording of the whole radio show. YOU are taking comments out of context and leaving OFF critical paragraphs to paint a TOTALLY different and even opposite picture of what Professor Obama was saying.

Obama, then a University of Chicago law professor and Illinois state senator, argued that the courts have traditionally been reluctant to get involved in income distribution questions. He suggested that the civil rights movement had made a mistake in expecting too much from the courts -- and that such issues were better decided by the legislative branch of government.

You can listen to the interview here:
Chicago Public Radio - Audio Library: Odyssey

Give me a list of the articles of the Constitution Obama has violated...

Do you really want a list?

Ok, let's start with the Bill of Rights.

Amendment 5 strictly prohibits the taking of property without due process. It, also, prohibits the taking of property without compensation. We've received neither when our property was taken to bail out Fannie/Freddie/AIG/Citi/Goldman Sachs/GM/Chrysler/etc. Thus, it's illegal. The stimulus package is, also, illegal, as the general welfare clause of Article I, Section 8 certainly does not cover the weatherizing of a home, nor does it cover establishing 'green' jobs (which merely export pollution to electric power plants), and so on. General welfare is the well-being of the entire nation, as a whole, not the well-being of a specific group of people, or specific corporations, as is the case recently. Bailouts and Stimulus packages are strictly unconstitutional. Taking the people's money and spending it on private projects is strictly illegal.

Amendment 4 strictly prohibits the search of one's private property, without a warrant. Bush had started spying on us, and Obama has certainly continued it. There was an instance where the government ransacked through bank accounts in Switzerland in a desperate attempt to find anyone that was smart enough to hide their money from the government. Highly unconstitutional, as they proceeded without a warrant or even probable clause.

Amendment 10 strictly prohibits the federal government from doing anything that's not mention explicitly in the Constitution. All remaining powers are reserved for the states. Thus, if weatherizing homes are somehow in the general welfare of a particular state, only the state has the Constitutional authority to permit that action since there's no "Weatherizing Homes" clause in the Constitution, and therefore strictly forbidden from being carried out by the Constitution.

Now, it's clear it's illegal. There's no discussion to be had over it. The Constitution is clear. Just as torture shouldn't ever be debated, theft of property shouldn't either. Ignoring it's obvious illegality, we can debate whether it'd be even beneficial to bailout and pass 'stimulus' packages, and looking at concrete, empirical evidence from Japan's lost decade, it's definitely counterproductive, as well.

Funding
Sarah Scaife Foundation
Carthage Foundation
Earhart Foundation
John M. Olin Foundation

I think less than 1/2 the Democrats are in the tank for big industry, but the Republicans are completely owned, lock stock & barrel by corporations...

OK, I gave you a list of right wing contributors...all tied to large industry that make BILLIONS raping OUR planet, so, now you can provide a list for the 350,000,000.00 million you are talking about...

Show me how you come up with that amount, and list the contributors, provide sources with links...

You really are a fool, you admit that 1/2 the Dem's are in the tank as you say and some how this is OK and you dismiss this because all the Rep's are in the tank. So you believe all the bullshit that flows
from the lefties mouths,get out of the fantasy world you live in Mickey Mouse really does not talk, oh I forgot Mickey gave Obowma the 350.

Forum List

Back