More Evidence To Debunk The RW Talking Point of A "Free Market" In Radio

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Green 960 in going off the air on Jan 3 | Thom Hartmann - News & info from the #1 progressive radio show

Clear Channel, THE defacto talk radio source, has been on a campaign to rid the airwaves of anything progressive. And as you can read in the article, are hard at work at doing just that.

And at a crucial time as this, a re-election year, when it really counts. Their moves aren't based on demand...at least not the demand of the listening public, it's based on the Corporate Agenda propaganda. Just as it always has been.

Read it and weep folks. Read it and weep.

Green 960 in going off the air on Jan 3 | Thom Hartmann - News & info from the #1 progressive radio show

Clear Channel, THE defacto talk radio source, has been on a campaign to rid the airwaves of anything progressive. And as you can read in the article, are hard at work at doing just that.

And at a crucial time as this, a re-election year, when it really counts. Their moves aren't based on demand...at least not the demand of the listening public, it's based on the Corporate Agenda propaganda. Just as it always has been.

Stop listening to Clear Channel, I did.

Do libs honestly think that just loads of people are tuning in? Really? Based on what?

The arguement goes off the rails.

The corporate agenda will do anything to make a buck. They don't care who they hurt. They are deliberately cancelling radio programs that are supported by the majority and can command the highest advertising dollars because....

Why is that again?

Do libs honestly think that just loads of people are tuning in? Really? Based on what?

The corporate agenda will do anything to make a buck. They don't care who they hurt. They are deliberately cancelling radio programs that are supported by the majority and can command the highest advertising dollars because....

Why is that again?
polls_its_a_conspiracy_5653_43343_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Why is that again?

I have my radio in a box somewhere, so do most people I know. Do you listen to the radio?

It's a myth that the programming on radio is based on demand from the public.
Anyone who WANT'S to be informed knows that RW radio was pushed onto the public via a well-financed, highly organized campaign.
Many of the shows we know and "love" today were on air for up to 2-3 years w/o much ads, being financed by backers who's goal was to see them get out their message on the airwaves.
Once they were able to saturate the market with their RW propaganda, the public became used to it and RW talk radio was born.
If you read the article you will notice references to the numerous times the powers that be attempted to and shut down HIGHLY POPULAR LW shows. Shows that were making money...lots of it from advertisers, but were shut down because of the RW agenda.
Ever heard of Randi Rhodes?
Well guess what, she works for the same company that Lush Rimbaugh works for, and in earlier years TROUNCED him in the ratings, so much so that the powers that be decided to put her on AFTER him, instead of at the same time.
This was years ago. In more recent years she ended up in the same time block as lush again, and again TROUNCED him, so they put her back on after him.
This is well-documented and well-known in the industry.
RW talk radio is propoganda.
How else could you explain how in one small cowpoke town you have THREE stations playing Glenn Beck at the same time.
Does that even make SENSE?!? Common, financial or otherwise?

It's beyond obvious that you have zero idea how the radio biz works, Spanky.

Popular as she is with barking moonbats like you, Randi Rhodes' numbers can't hold a candle to those of Beck, like him or not.

All your howling at the moon doesn't change any of that that.

Last edited:
As usual, you don't get it.
Carry on spruce.

I guess the post is some sort of Alinsky type of reverse logic but don't you lefties realize that it's about political power. Can't you see the difference? Clear Channel is just a private sector company. Sure they want to beat the competition but they do it by offering a better product. The administration wants to eliminate the competition by enacting laws that limit freedom.

As usual, you don't get it.
Carry on spruce.
I get it just fine....I know how the radio racket works.

You don't because you don't.

There's a reason that Airhead America went tits up, even though they had the reputed "all stars" of leftist wackaloon radio....Turns out that such crackpottery doesn't sell the kind of advertising that it takes to keep it on the air.

Last edited:
What is this "radio" of which you speak?

Is it the device I have in my car with two knobs that plays only Mexican music when I turn it on?

Please show us the dates when Randi Rhoades beat Rush in the ratings. I mean, other than in your imagination.

I noticed she has a "Happy Hour" section on her board. You been hanging out there? :D

Oh brudda....guess who had eggnog spilled on their face this season?

Dr.House said:
Hi, you have received -465 reputation points from Dr.House.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
You are one dumb asshole...

Regards,
Dr.House

Note: This is an automated message.

Please show us the dates when Randi Rhoades beat Rush in the ratings. I mean, other than in your imagination.

I noticed she has a "Happy Hour" section on her board. You been hanging out there? :D

Please show us the numbers that Rush Beats Randi Rhodes.

Thanks.

It's a myth that the programming on radio is based on demand from the public.
Anyone who WANT'S to be informed knows that RW radio was pushed onto the public via a well-financed, highly organized campaign.
Many of the shows we know and "love" today were on air for up to 2-3 years w/o much ads, being financed by backers who's goal was to see them get out their message on the airwaves.
Once they were able to saturate the market with their RW propaganda, the public became used to it and RW talk radio was born.
If you read the article you will notice references to the numerous times the powers that be attempted to and shut down HIGHLY POPULAR LW shows. Shows that were making money...lots of it from advertisers, but were shut down because of the RW agenda.
Ever heard of Randi Rhodes?
Well guess what, she works for the same company that Lush Rimbaugh works for, and in earlier years TROUNCED him in the ratings, so much so that the powers that be decided to put her on AFTER him, instead of at the same time.
This was years ago. In more recent years she ended up in the same time block as lush again, and again TROUNCED him, so they put her back on after him.
This is well-documented and well-known in the industry.
RW talk radio is propoganda.
How else could you explain how in one small cowpoke town you have THREE stations playing Glenn Beck at the same time.
Does that even make SENSE?!? Common, financial or otherwise?

A myth?

Just because there are a bunch of progressives in San Francisco does not mean they listen to the radio. Here is a list of the tap rated shows in the city by order of popularity, why don't you point out the top rated progressive political shows?

RadioRatingz.com - San Francisco, CA Radio Show Ratings

Please show us the numbers that Rush Beats Randi Rhodes.

Thanks.

So you admit you can't post what he asked for?

You fail again, Marcie....

Forum List

Back