More end of the year good news: Cheer up: The pessimists are wrong and America's future is bright

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
I hope this article is right and some state like Iran or NK does screw things up. (or Obama)

Cheer up The pessimists are wrong and America s future is bright WashingtonExaminer.com

How do you think 2015 will be for you? If you’re typical, you’ll be pessimistic; and, if you’re typical, you’ll be wrong. Only 21 percent of Americans agree with the proposition that “life for our children’s generation will be better than it has been for us” — 76 percent disagree.

Well, barring some unforeseeable calamity — what Nassim Taleb would call a “black swan,” or Donald Rumsfeld an “unknown unknown” — the 76 percent are mistaken. The next generation of Americans will lead healthier, happier, more fulfilled lives than the present one.

I hope this article is right and some state like Iran or NK does screw things up. (or Obama)

Cheer up The pessimists are wrong and America s future is bright WashingtonExaminer.com

How do you think 2015 will be for you? If you’re typical, you’ll be pessimistic; and, if you’re typical, you’ll be wrong. Only 21 percent of Americans agree with the proposition that “life for our children’s generation will be better than it has been for us” — 76 percent disagree.

Well, barring some unforeseeable calamity — what Nassim Taleb would call a “black swan,” or Donald Rumsfeld an “unknown unknown” — the 76 percent are mistaken. The next generation of Americans will lead healthier, happier, more fulfilled lives than the present one.
Well, if we're to be better off, and our children better off, a lot has to change in a hurry. I wont bore you with a long list of negatives that are adversely affecting the outlook for a prosperous future, but the list is long. I've been keeping a close eye on our socioeconomic situation and condition for many years now, and I have seen a steady decline in almost all areas of society, especially the economic side. I would be shocked if things turned for the best, and hope that they somehow do for all of our sake.

For example: What are we to do about our rapidly growing population?

Well, if we're to be better off, and our children better off, a lot has to change in a hurry. I wont bore you with a long list of negatives that are adversely affecting the outlook for a prosperous future, but the list is long. I've been keeping a close eye on our socioeconomic situation and condition for many years now, and I have seen a steady decline in almost all areas of society, especially the economic side. I would be shocked if things turned for the best, and hope that they somehow do for all of our sake.

Is it really a problem? I have been hearing that the population we have today would never be supported by the Earth, heard that in the 70s.

That said, what is your proposed solution?

I disagree with you on many things, but on this we agree. There are many negatives facing our nation, yet I am quite optimistic that we can overcome them. Global warming and it's affects are going to be a major negative. However, as soon as the general public realizes the seriousness of the situation, there will be pressure put on the politicians, and the affects of the warming will be addressed. Already, part of the solution is working, as renewable energy is becoming cheaper than dirty coal. And the new technology of grid scale batteries makes this energy 24/7.

Yes, our nation's future is bright. There are things that need to be addressed, such as educaton and health care, but I have confidence that these will be addressed, and that we will all be better for it.

I disagree with you on many things, but on this we agree. There are many negatives facing our nation, yet I am quite optimistic that we can overcome them. Global warming and it's affects are going to be a major negative. However, as soon as the general public realizes the seriousness of the situation, there will be pressure put on the politicians, and the affects of the warming will be addressed. Already, part of the solution is working, as renewable energy is becoming cheaper than dirty coal. And the new technology of grid scale batteries makes this energy 24/7.

Yes, our nation's future is bright. There are things that need to be addressed, such as educaton and health care, but I have confidence that these will be addressed, and that we will all be better for it.

Glad we could find agreement in something, I think you agree with me more then you will admit, which means my position agrees with yours.

Any way, you did it again, GW fear of the future. Granted we need to take precautions against that which may happen, like wearing our seat belts. But I don't see this with GW. Even if the world did warm that is a GOOD thing not bad. If shipping can pass through the arctic that is a good thing not a bad thing. Gore has been telling us for 20 years we have only 10 years to act. Well that passed a long time ago, eat drink and be merry.

The environment is cleaner then it has been in 100 years.

The major weather disasters in the US is the lowest it has been for 2014.

The US CO2 production continues downward.

I am not really sure what else the world wants of the US, a stalled economy?

Is it really a problem? I have been hearing that the population we have today would never be supported by the Earth, heard that in the 70s.

That said, what is your proposed solution?
The population of the Earth will take care of itself. Since the beginning of time, man has migrated in order to survive. There are many areas on Earth that are not presently inhabited, but could support a very large number of people. I don't see population saturation being a problem on a global scale for many centuries yet to come. I was referring to the population of the United States only. And, there are many reasons for concern. The obvious solution is to create self-supporting opportunities for everyone, no exceptions. As far as food, water, shelter, and clothing, man is a survivor, and will figure out ways for necessities in order to sustain life.

The big problem will be the enormous burden on some, including the government, to care for everyone that is unable to care for themselves. Then throw in adequate infrastructure on top of that. As our population swells, we're not keeping pace with infrastructure and self-supporting opportunities. As we've seen develop over the past couple of decades, our population of poor, less fortunate, and needy, is growing faster than resources are able to keep up. The gap between the rich and poor is growing, and dependency grows along with it. In addition, our population is growing older, people are living longer. With age, generally speaking, comes health issues and the inability to care for oneself. This is an added burden, financially and otherwise, to society as a whole.

Also, with a smaller percentage of the population carrying the tax load, the more debt will be accumulated by the government. At some point, our Carte Blanche spending will create a severe currency value crisis. And, if and when that happens, the domino effect will ripple through every single household in America, rich and poor alike. The possible scenarios, really possible, are many and none of them are good. Again, the obvious solution is to create self-supporting opportunities for everyone. This will ensure adequate tax flow, cash flow within our economy, and relieve the financial burden on the government. As it stands now, and has become the socioeconomic trend, we've created a dependent society of poor and needy citizens. There are additional factors that I wouldn't mind discussing if requested. One such factor is our growing prison population.

Of course the future will be better. Eventually the stupidity of the modern left will collapse on itself completely. There's only one place to go after hitting rock bottom.

What would you say about poverty? What would you say about citizens getting older, and their growing dependency on assistance? What would you say about our growing prison population?

More really good news:
  1. America's cup runneth over. The average bra size has jumped from a34B 20 years ago to a 34DD in 2013, according to a new survey by lingerie retailer Intimacy.

What would you say about poverty? What would you say about citizens getting older, and their growing dependency on assistance? What would you say about our growing prison population?

I would say that as the boomer get older and die off there should be lots of jobs and the population may even decrease, except for the flood across the border.

Glad we could find agreement in something, I think you agree with me more then you will admit, which means my position agrees with yours.

Any way, you did it again, GW fear of the future. Granted we need to take precautions against that which may happen, like wearing our seat belts. But I don't see this with GW. Even if the world did warm that is a GOOD thing not bad. If shipping can pass through the arctic that is a good thing not a bad thing. Gore has been telling us for 20 years we have only 10 years to act. Well that passed a long time ago, eat drink and be merry.

The environment is cleaner then it has been in 100 years.

The major weather disasters in the US is the lowest it has been for 2014.

The US CO2 production continues downward.

I am not really sure what else the world wants of the US, a stalled economy?

The environment in the US is cleaner, not so for China and India, Nigeria, and many other nations. The ocean is becoming a garbage patch of plastic. 1/4 of the airborne mercury in Oregon comes from China.

Far from stalling the economy, the renewables look like they will increase the amount of electricity available, at less cost. Wind is down to 3.7 cents a kw on the low side, compared to dirty coal a 6.6 cents a kw. Solar is almost at parity with dirty coal, and dropping in price as we post. Grid scale batteries, due to start coming online this year, will make both 24/7. President Obama won on his bet on this issue, and this will vastly reduce our output of CO2.

Forum List

Back