More "Electric Car" Stupidity at Taxpayer Expense

Here's a novel idea (ok, it's not novel, it's basic common sense).... let the private sector fund and develop new technologies. They are better at it than Obama Inc.

The private sector is often good at grasping relatively low hanging fruit... but I doubt we would have ever developed atomic energy or space travel without government research and programs.

Not that I think the government should be into electric cars...

Private Equity and Venture Capital companies are better placed, and have better expertise, to invest money into future technologies. One of the unintended consequences of Obama's support for Solyndra was that PE and VC companies pulled out of smaller, better, more efficient companies that were developing rival products.... jobs lost, great ideas shelved... and Obama invested in the wrong fucking technology.

The government should not do the work of the private sector. It destroys progress.

Yea, they should fund high level research programs, but not private sector companies... let the universities work with the private sector, let them spin out and profit from R&D, but don't have government directly involved with this kind of shit. It does more harm than good.

My insurance agent says the cheapest way to get a new house is to buy a Chevy Volt and leave it in your existing garage (attached to house and properly insured). Imagine! An entirely new house for a measly $40,000 minus, of course, tax credits.

Here's a novel idea (ok, it's not novel, it's basic common sense).... let the private sector fund and develop new technologies. They are better at it than Obama Inc.

The private sector is often good at grasping relatively low hanging fruit... but I doubt we would have ever developed atomic energy or space travel without government research and programs.

Not that I think the government should be into electric cars...

Private Equity and Venture Capital companies are better placed, and have better expertise, to invest money into future technologies. One of the unintended consequences of Obama's support for Solyndra was that PE and VC companies pulled out of smaller, better, more efficient companies that were developing rival products.... jobs lost, great ideas shelved... and Obama invested in the wrong fucking technology.

The government should not do the work of the private sector. It destroys progress.

Yea, they should fund high level research programs, but not private sector companies... let the universities work with the private sector, let them spin out and profit from R&D, but don't have government directly involved with this kind of shit. It does more harm than good.
I agree.

I wish these companies had pulled through, but when you look back over the history of success, it tends to favor those who had bitter losses before they learned how to be successful and contribute in the area where need presented itself.

Those golden parachute deals that take the sting out of loss? You can't have incentive without knowing what trouble is and how to avoid it while doing great things.

Guess, again.

In countries when government & business work....HAND-IN-HAND....they're eating $uper-capitali$t$' lunch!!!!

August 09, 2012

Germany Does It
AGAIN
!!!

"Aerographite has a foam-like consistency, so it’s hard to imagine building Formula One race cars or fighter jets out of it. Because of its extraordinary lightness and strength, though, as well as its compressibility (it can be squashed down by 95 percent without any damage) and ability to conduct electricity, its creators believe it can be used to create better batteries and other electrical components like supercapacitors."

They RESPECT science, in Germany!!!!

Forum List

Back