More economic good news?

The Hindenburg Omen creator has cashed out of the stock market for now.

Ocotber can always be a fun month in the markets. First it was your home values, now its your 401(k).

Seems like only yesterday there was talk of 16,000 or somesuch.....
the dow actually went up .2% yesterday.

I am at a loss as to what to do right now.
I have been out since April, got out at 11,100. So if I buy back in tomorrow late afternoon if it falls more...I might be a good 1500 up....not a bad thing.
However, all of the sources I pay attention to have been saying a better time to get back in is Jan-Feb.
I don't know, doubt I do...there may not be another sustained hike to get back out of before it nose dives in December.

Obama has done wonders for my gold and silver though. $19/ounce!?!?

Loving it!!!!

Actually... I think the hindenberg omen has hit twice in 30 days... which while not a 'guarantee' is generally not a good sign for the market

three times

From Wikipedia:

• August 12, 2010: The Omen's creator, Jim Miekka, considered the Omen officially triggered on this date with 92 and 81 new 52-week highs and lows, respectively. The McClellan Oscillator was a negative -120.03 and the 10-week NYSE moving average was rising; the market closed above its open of 50 days prior (May 27). [5]. In the ensuing week, the Omen narrowly missed confirmation twice (August 13 and 19).

• August 20, 2010: According to the Wall Street Journal, the omen was confirmed on Friday, with 83 new 52-week highs and 95 new 52-week lows on the NYSE. The McClellan Oscillator was a negative -106.46 and the 10-week NYSE moving average was rising; the market closed above its open of 50 days prior (June 11). [6]

• August 24, 2010: 166 New Lows, 87 new Highs, McClellan Oscillator was negative, but the 10 week average began to fall. (Non-Confirmation.) (Although the 12 week average is still positive.)

• August 25, 2010: 150 New Lows, 90 new Highs, McClellan Oscillator was negative, but again the 10 week average was falling (Non-Confirmation.) (Although the 12 week average is still positive.)
Hindenburg Omen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not going to pretend to understand the mechanics behind this, as I don't play the market and this is the first time I've ever heard of the Hindenburg Omen...but according to wiki...three times ain't good.

If you listen to Obamma,Biden,Pelosi and anyone on the Obamma network,Msnbc,the economy is doing great thanks to my Savior and yours the chosen one to lead us out of economic despair.Heeere's Obama.

Forum List

Back