More Economic Good News: Stocks show biggest rebound since the Great Depression

America lost $13 Trillion in personal wealth in the Bush Stock Market crash. Most of that has been regained.

Good News for anyone with investments, 401K or retired

Its to bad that the left turns every economic event into the creation of some government program because I can't think of anything that Obama did that caused the stock market to rebound. You assume it was caused by tarp but that was done by George W. Bush so how can it be Obama's fault that that happenned.

I can't think of anything that the government does that makes the economy better but I can think how it makes things more difficult for businesses to operate with taxes and regulations and that seems to be the battlecry of the democratic party so the next time a democrat charges into a battle for economic recovery screaming "taxes and regulations" I realize that they are declaring war on businesses which is a war against recovery.

Thanks for asking

You can't think of one thing? The reason the market crashed was that they were in a financial panic because it looked like the banks would fail. Bush and Obama passed TARP because it was essential to show that the Government would stand behind the banks. Once the banks stabilized, the market began to recover.
When did the recovery begin? Two weeks after the passing of the economic stimulus package. The promise of nearly a trillion dollars influx into the economy reversed the panic and lead to one of the largest stock rebounds in history
This is a prime example of how the Government can save the economy

Now considering what you left out in your other post about more job losses was actually "good" news--I will remind you-- out of that article that you posted & left out criticial data--that economists & the federal reserve believe unemployment will remain higher than 9% for the entire 2010 year. Profits are always bottom line on Wall Street. The Europhria of the banks not collapsing will soon be a distant memory. Investors will start looking at the unemployment rate--deficit spending & will be running to treasury bills & other safe interest bearing certificates--which means they will be selling stock to make that move.

Never claimed that the economy has fully recovered. Never claimed there is not more work to do. Merely pointing out that compared to a 6500 Dow Jones, 10250 is a nice recovery and GOOD NEWS for the country.

Now considering what you left out in your other post about more job losses was actually "good" news--I will remind you-- out of that article that you posted & left out criticial data--that economists & the federal reserve believe unemployment will remain higher than 9% for the entire 2010 year. Profits are always bottom line on Wall Street. The Europhria of the banks not collapsing will soon be a distant memory. Investors will start looking at the unemployment rate--deficit spending & will be running to treasury bills & other safe interest bearing certificates--which means they will be selling stock to make that move.

Never claimed that the economy has fully recovered. Never claimed there is not more work to do. Merely pointing out that compared to a 6500 Dow Jones, 10250 is a nice recovery and GOOD NEWS for the country.
\

It is good news for two groups.

1)Public Corporations as it gives them more value...on paper

2)The wealthy as they are the ones that have been buying the stock from those that were forced to sell at a low rate as they lost theior jobs and needed the money...and the surge of "needing to sell" created a demand of the wealthy for the great deals and so the stocks rose....and then levelled off...and now, for tax purposes, the wealthy are selling at a profit and putting them into their IRA's and 401(k)'s before tax season.

Nothing special here unfortunately.

\

It is good news for two groups.

1)Public Corporations as it gives them more value...on paper

2)The wealthy as they are the ones that have been buying the stock from those that were forced to sell at a low rate as they lost theior jobs and needed the money...and the surge of "needing to sell" created a demand of the wealthy for the great deals and so the stocks rose....and then levelled off...and now, for tax purposes, the wealthy are selling at a profit and putting them into their IRA's and 401(k)'s before tax season.

Nothing special here unfortunately.

Millions of Americans and retirees depend on their 401Ks. The market improving is GOOD NEWS for the majority of the country

America lost $13 Trillion in personal wealth in the Bush Stock Market crash. Most of that has been regained.

Good News for anyone with investments, 401K or retired

Most of that has been regained?????:lol::lol: It's rather obvious you don't have a 401 K or an IRA because I know of no-one who even comes close to recovering what they lost a year ago.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Republicans just can't wait till 4:00 before starting to celebrate.

Beleive me, we are not celebrating!!! That's retirement funds and it will go below 10 next week. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

You're not because, unfortunately, it didn't go below 10k, scoring political points > everything else. And no it won't.

:rolleyes: Denial is a sad sad state of mind. It did and it is below again.

Amount 9,979.21 2,142.61 1,065.26
Change -33.02 (-0.33%) +1.49 (+0.07%) -0.93 (-0.09%)

Ah, this week's 'good news in the economy' thread.

And of course, the rest of the week will be filled with the real news that it wasn't actually true.

Will you stop with this already?

When people start working and wages increase but the inflation rate remains low THEN it will be 'good news.'

When will people learn? Just because Wall Street is getting richer,doesn't mean that Main Street is. The Tax Payers bailed Wall Street out so i have no doubt they will begin making huge profits again. This wont help the average Main Street American though. So enjoy your "improving" Stock Market,you paid for it. :(

Don't panic folks, because the PPT armed with your tax dollars & a printing press will not allow the Dow to drop for long.

When ask his thoughts on the 3000 point market drop predicted by longest runnung DOW forecaster, Joe Terranova stated on CNBC's show Fast Money "they would never let that happen"..."I believe in the plunge protection team"

Also the Federal Reserve Chairman - Ben Bernanke said he would not allow this because he would drop money out of helicopters if that what it takes to prevent this.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back