More Economic GOOD NEWS: New Home Sales Up 27%....largest jump in 47 years

Are you saying we didn't have enough armaments and equipment for Iraq and Afghanistan? My understanding is that American companies did supply the war effort.

How about we actually try cutting spending first? We've tried tax increases and tax cuts - but real spending reductions haven't been tried in ages.

I have never been against spending reductions. My plan is to raise the retirement age to receive SS and Medicare benefits by 5 years, and remove our bases from Europe and other locations, and let other countries police themselves..

Got any specific cuts you have in mind yourself? I'd be happy to hear them.

I agree for those under 50 or so, but don't raise it on those that are close.

Those people paid a significantly smaller percentage of their income than younger people will. Why would we not change it for people who are close?

I have never been against spending reductions. My plan is to raise the retirement age to receive SS and Medicare benefits by 5 years, and remove our bases from Europe and other locations, and let other countries police themselves..

Got any specific cuts you have in mind yourself? I'd be happy to hear them.

Those people paid a significantly smaller percentage of their income than younger people will. Why would we not change it for people who are close?

the younger people have also enjoyed better medicine than the older ones and should live longer.

the younger people have also enjoyed better medicine than the older ones and should live longer.

Recent reports I have heard indicate that the youth of our nation will live SHORTER lives than us older folk. Poorer diet and exercise will not offset the gains in medicine.

Only if they can afford the benefits of said medicine, which will not be the case if we let the baby boomers get benefits at the current retirement age.

Forum List

Back