More Economic Good News........Home sales surge 10.1% in October

I love doing this..

Post some encouraging news about the economy and watch the "Economy must fail" crowd swarm to deny it.

I love doing this..

Post some encouraging news about the economy and watch the "Economy must fail" crowd swarm to deny it.

Rightwinger, it isn't that I want the economy to get worse, I NEED it to get better. I don't see it in sales increases in my job. I see the price of food going up in the last month. Gas prices on the rise. Only a trickle of new jobs.

My take is there is a disconnect between Wall Street, the Treasury and White House versus Main Street. What are you seeing? Jobs? Food prices? Gas prices?

I love doing this..

I'm not rooting for the economy to fail. I know more than the average bear about economics and can recognize artificially inflated value bubbles when I see them.

BTW...I didn't see you answer the question as to how many of these houses were REOs.

I love doing this..

I'm not rooting for the economy to fail. I know more than the average bear about economics and can recognize artificially inflated value bubbles when I see them.

BTW...I didn't see you answer the question as to how many of these houses were REOs.

...or under reported inflation numbers.

I love doing this..

Rightwinger, it isn't that I want the economy to get worse, I NEED it to get better. I don't see it in sales increases in my job. I see the price of food going up in the last month. Gas prices on the rise. Only a trickle of new jobs.

My take is there is a disconnect between Wall Street, the Treasury and White House versus Main Street. What are you seeing? Jobs? Food prices? Gas prices?

One year ago, EVERY economic indicator was down to near record lows.

Now, slowly, certain key economic indicators are showing a marked recovery. It does not mean every sector is recovered...but shows an encouraging trend

The viciousness of the attacks when someone posts encouraging news does tend to show they have an alterior motive.

I love doing this..

One year ago, EVERY economic indicator was down to near record lows.

Now, slowly, certain key economic indicators are showing a marked recovery. It does not mean every sector is recovered...but shows an encouraging trend

The viciousness of the attacks when someone posts encouraging news does tend to show they have an alterior motive.
When you're in a coal mine, even the storm sewer looks like an improvement.

isn't it funny that coincidentally with the news that asswipe fell to 48% in the polls,, the economy got all better?? :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
When you're in a coal mine, even the storm sewer looks like an improvement.

I second the notion things were bad a year ago and are slightly less bad now. We better recover nicely though to be able to pay the interesting on all our deficit spending. We're approaching WWII numbers for deficit as a % of GDP

48% is going to look like a great number by this time next year. As far as what has happened in indicators so far this year, it was expected they would rebound from their lows. From what I see, it will be unsustainable past the first quarter.

And before anyone asks... I don't have a link

While saying hi to my crew in the network center this morning... story on CNN (which we keep on the room TV's) about experts projecting unemployment won't be at rock bottom until at least Q4 2010.... If someone saw the story or has a link, please provide so I can see more of what was said rather than a quick glimpse...

The economy will still be pretty bad off for a while.. and not recovering as quickly or as soundly as it should if better economic policy were being put into place rather than the B.S. by Obama and congress

Last edited:
More paper "prosperity" concealing the true inflation rate.

Prices for commodities are way up, too.

The commodity price rise is due to the falling dollar and our vwegas style commodities markets.

The prices have to go up for us to have a recovery ;) Are you anti recovery?
bagdad_bob_large.gif

LOL:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

WASHINGTON — Home sales surged for the second month in a row in October, climbing to the highest level in 2 years as first-time buyers rushed to take advantage of an expiring tax credit.
Home sales nationwide are now up nearly 37% from their bottom in January, data Monday showed, though they are still 16% below the peak in autumn 2005. At the current sales pace, there is only a 7-month supply of homes on the market and in some areas there are bidding wars.

Home sales jump in October, beating expectations - USATODAY.com

Artificial markets are great aren't they....that is until the government goes bankrupt.

Home prices are lower, dollar is worth less, fail......

you are pretty good at repeating talking points you don't understand

Talking point ? damn you're dumb.

The title of this thread is a talking point numb nuts, spinning the fact that home sales are up because they're so cheap is only good news in the Obamabot world. I understand just fine, go create some other spin little boy blu ......

P.S. Both things i said in that little phrase happen to have the advantage of being true, clownshoes......

Last edited:
"If you let me write $1.4 trillion a year in hot checks, I'll give you an illusion of prosperity too" -- Lloyd Bensten adjusted for Inflation

Exactly, bingo....

1.4 trillion dollars makes everything better....

Think about it, go and get twenty credit cards with 10,000 dollar limits, start charging away.
You are going to enjoy an elevated lifestyle, that is until the bills start coming in.

That bump in houseing might be due to the tax dollars given to first time homeowners. Just like the economy got a bump with the cash for clunkers. Lot of smoke and mirrors.

Exactly.

It was due to a surge of people trying to take advantage of record low prices, and the First time home buying tax credit that was due to expire. People simple rushed in to take advantage of the tax credit before it expires.

In a word its FAKE good news.

Get back to me when Jobs are actually recovering, and I mean real jobs not Obama's fake saved or created jobs. the Economy has stabilized some, but is clearly not really recovering yet, and I would not be surprised if we see a double dip. Even Obama has had to admit that now.

But don't worry you guys can just keep saying its Bushes fualt. Even as the full cost and Damage of The Dems Reckless and misguided policies become More and More apparent all around us.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back