More Economic good News: GDP up 2.2%

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Economic rebound is weaker; GDP revised down - USATODAY.com

The Commerce Department's final estimate showed gross domestic product grew at a 2.2% annual rate instead of the 2.8% pace it reported last month. Analysts polled by Reuters had forecast the report to show GDP, which measures total goods and services output within U.S. borders, unrevised at a 2.8% growth rate in the third quarter.

It was still the fastest pace since the third quarter 2007 and ended four straight quarters of decline. The resumption of growth in the July-September period probably ended the most brutal recession since the 1930s.

Growth was boosted by government stimulus programs, including the popular cash for clunkers auto sales program and tax credit for first-time home buyers.

Cheer up house

You can still root for high unemployment numbers! Your holidays aren't completely ruined

Not all that surprising since it's Christmas-time. However, I'm sure that's also largely thanks in part to government spending as well, which is not a plus to economy whatsoever.

Cheer up house

You can still root for high unemployment numbers! Your holidays aren't completely ruined

I'm just hoping someday you liberals will start caring about out-of-work Americans...

Compassionate Liberalism has it's limits, I suppose...

The out of work individuals they ought to be caring about are their own elected officials, who will be getting pink slips next election.

After December you will see retailers folding after a crappy Xmas season.

No, democrats don't care about working people. Democrats are the party of Wall St and big business. Check out how money is going from big companies and Wall St firms to the Dums.

Last edited:
Cheer up house

I'm just hoping someday you liberals will start caring about out-of-work Americans...

The out of work individuals they ought to be caring about are their own elected officials, who will be getting pink slips next election.

No, democrats don't care about working people. Democrats are the party of Wall St and big business. Check out how money is going from big companies and Wall St firms to the Dums.

Thanks for proving my point Rabbi

I post some economic good news and you become irate threatening an impending employment colapse.

Cheer up house

They don't care about that.. as long as they take from someone else to hand entitlements to those who are not earning... and call it THEIR generosity

Cheer up house

They don't care about that.. as long as they take from someone else to hand entitlements to those who are not earning... and call it THEIR generosity

Yeah, that's a liberal mantra....:cuckoo:

Yeah, that's a liberal mantra....:cuckoo:

Hey.. not worried about increased taxation, hurting businesses, etc.. which do the hiring.. as long as those taxes can be used on welfare, entitlements, etc.. and take credit for their mantra being about helping people.. all the while it is being done with the 'evil rich' people's money, while noting truly comes from their own generosity to help the causes and people they think are 'owed' help

Yeah... that pretty much is the mantra

Thanks for proving my point Rabbi

I post some economic good news and you become irate threatening an impending employment colapse.

Actually the original estimate was over 3% growth. What you are posting is the revised estimate, which is of course lower. Only in the liberal mind can lower growth be considered good news.
But no one believes that figure is an adequate assesment of the economy. Every figure but government spending is lower, indicating a continued recession. Next you'll be tkaing out a personal loan for $100k and crowing about how your income has gone up 100k this year. Not much different.
And with unemployment high and rising it is no surprise the Democrats, the party of wall street and the unions, is unconcerned. They don't give a dam about the working people of this country.

Forum List

Back