More Economic Good News....Economy adds 151,000 jobs in october

I thought I read somewhere that the repubs outspent the dems 2 to 1 this year on the elections?
Is this not correct?
Not according to the recorded numbers, roughly 13 million more spent by the Republicans than Democrats overall:

House:

Raised Spent
Dems: $464,939,555, $421,559,821
Repubs: $502,595,920, $419,170,255

Senate:

Raised Spent
Dems: $294,002,310, $288,717,613
Repubs: $355,765,589, $303,570,178

Total:

Raised Spent
Dems: $758,941,865, $710,277,434
Repubs: $858,361,509, $722,740,433

Stats at a Glance | OpenSecrets

But that only adds up to half of what was reportedly spent on campaign ads, not to mention everything else:

$3 billion spent on 2010 election campaigns

Google

Outside Spending | OpenSecrets

Not according to the recorded numbers, roughly 13 million more spent by the Republicans than Democrats overall:

House:

Raised Spent

Senate:

Raised Spent

Total:

Raised Spent

But that only adds up to half of what was reportedly spent on campaign ads, not to mention everything else:

Google

Outside Spending | OpenSecrets

OK, so debunk the 101,000 hits that all report that $3 billion was spent in this election cycle on campaign ads alone.

Google

Outsourcing and the housing construction slump are the main reasons for the current joblessness. And without the outsourced jobs nothing will recover very well. A new curve in US recessions.

The housing crash in this country is what has brought this economy to it's knees--and until construction workers in this country go BACK to work--we will continue to see unemployment HIGH.

With foreclosurers up--and a mass of foreclosurers on the market-- that need to be sold--that isn't going to happen for some time to come.

The construction industry in this country is ENORMOUS.

I thought I read somewhere that the repubs outspent the dems 2 to 1 this year on the elections?
Is this not correct?

House:

Raised Spent

Senate:

Raised Spent

Total:

Raised Spent

Google

the rest was spent by the non profit political groups I suppose. I got 18 letters from survey 2010 a right wing org.
got the last one today, they may not be done yet.

All I can say is witrh all the good news RW has posted over the last 2 years I'm fucking shocked we are not BOOOMING!!!!

But yet here we are... just slightly worse off with a shit ton more debt than when Obama started...

House:

Raised Spent

Senate:

Raised Spent

Total:

Raised Spent

Google

the rest was spent by the non profit political groups I suppose. I got 18 letters from survey 2010 a right wing org.
got the last one today, they may not be done yet.

IOW more than twice as much was spent on party candidates as what open secrets is reporting.

All I can say is witrh all the good news RW has posted over the last 2 years I'm fucking shocked we are not BOOOMING!!!!

But yet here we are... just slightly worse off with a shit ton more debt than when Obama started...

Like the rightwingers did right up till it all started fallng apart under Bush?
Whatsa diff?

I guess adding a few hundred thousand jobs...wait correction not a few hundred thousand,one hundred thousand jobs might just get the President another Nobel Prize...

What does adding 150,000 jobs have to do with the president?

It is about America. These jobs represent 150,000 American families. People who are struggling.

Why do you root against the American economy for political purposes?

It bothers me greatly when the President and his administration take credit for the addition of these jobs and when they make it political it pisses me off.

If there is a hint of something positive in the news it's a credit to the almighty Obama....If it's something negative well then it's that piece of shit Bush's fault 2 years later...

A good part of people of this country are catching on to the fact that this President and this administration have lied to them when they promised that unemployment would not rise above a certain level.The President admitted he lied about "shovel ready jobs" that they really didn't exist.

When the news is bad it's Bush's fault....when it's perceived as good it's Obama's victory.:confused:

O'm informed it takes the creation of 200,000 jobs a month, just to create enough jobs for the new people entering the workforce.

So if we hope to get unemployment down, then we need to create what? about a half million jobs a month for the next three years or so?

Aint' gonna happen, I suspect

It's the percentage of people who are EMPLOYED that really matters.

It is sad there are so many Americans with such a hatred for President Obama that they openly root against the American economy. Nothing I have posted is false. I mereley post monthly positive economic reports.

I do so partly to provide good news on the board and partly to highlight the large number of posters who still root for the economy to fail

I guess adding a few hundred thousand jobs...wait correction not a few hundred thousand,one hundred thousand jobs might just get the President another Nobel Prize...

It is about America. These jobs represent 150,000 American families. People who are struggling.

It bothers me greatly when the President and his administration take credit for the addition of these jobs and when they make it political it pisses me off.

If there is a hint of something positive in the news it's a credit to the almighty Obama....If it's something negative well then it's that piece of shit Bush's fault 2 years later...

A good part of people of this country are catching on to the fact that this President and this administration have lied to them when they promised that unemployment would not rise above a certain level.The President admitted he lied about "shovel ready jobs" that they really didn't exist.

When the news is bad it's Bush's fault....when it's perceived as good it's Obama's victory.:confused:

Where in the OP did I even mention the President? In fact, I said the Government REDUCED 8000 jobs

It is you who is outraged that there are 150,000 Americans who now have new jobs

Last edited:

In this thread, rozman is pretending the president has nothing to do with creating jobs.

Meanwhile, in the thread about the new trade deal Obama signed with India, rozman acknowledges that Obama gets the credit

Wow 54,000 jobs.Good work Mr. President.....I'm sure the 14.8 million who are still unemployed will see this as a major accomplishment.I know the Left leaning ones on this board will see it that way as well.

One minute, he says the president is responsible for the all the unemployed, and then he turns around and says the president has nothing to do with creating jobs

If wingnuts didn't lie, they'd have nothing to say

Forum List

Back