More economic good news.....Dow breaks 18,000

I bet when you posted this Republicans pointed to "real" unemployment but today those same Republicans are pointing to the stock market
Just let me know when you a never hear about the 95 million people out of the labor force anymore. Suddenly, unemployment statistics have gone back to being tracked the way they were before Obama became president.
Trump even admitted the unemployment number is real again. He said, "it's real now".

Do Republicans realize they're fos?

God Americans are stupid.

So how exactly is our Lame Duck Prez responsible for the Dow Jones?

What policy did he pass by law has helped the economy?
What did Trump do?

Pulled us out of TPP and Paris Bullshit Accords. He also personally negotiates with companies to try to open or move factories in the US.

Far more than Obungles ever did.
He inherited a strong Obama economy with a market that had more than doubled

He just hasn't screwed it up....... yet

What did Trump do?

Pulled us out of TPP and Paris Bullshit Accords. He also personally negotiates with companies to try to open or move factories in the US.

The Republican Congress doubled the markets since they took the majority, just for the fact they could prevent much of the Hussein's economic policy being implemented. The Hussein didn't do anything after passing Hussein-care, which today even liberals admit is a train wreck.

What did Trump do?

You're being conned.

So he didn't pull us out of TPP and Paris? Or is this just you stomping your feet upset over the fact I am right?

What did Trump do?

You're being conned.

Pulling us out of TPP and Paris Accords are real, serious actions.

Skipping over them is not a valid response.

What did Trump do?

You're being conned.

Pulling us out of TPP and Paris Accords are real, serious actions.

Skipping over them is not a valid response.

I came here to tell you guys that there are things I like about Trump. I don't know about TPP or how that's going to effect American workers or how cutting immigration in half is going to help but it all sounds good to me. I'm not being a lefty snowflake arguing everything Trump does even if it makes sense.

But wages haven't gone up YET. Lets see if they do. A lot of the problems people were having last year they are still having this year. You guys haven't fixed the problem yet. So I find it funny to hear and see the shift and you guys acting like things are better. They are not. They are the same.

And the same is good because Obama was doing a great job last year. I'm in manufacturing and I know American companies are manufacturing. If they weren't they wouldn't be buying my products.

So I can see Trump is good for business. I'll admit it. And I see he's doing things that are meant to help the American workers. And sometimes I hear Trump did this or did that and I say, "why didn't Obama and the Democrats fight harder for middle class Americans.

The Democrats did lose their way. They were too corporate. They let Trump hijack things like free trade and lowering immigration until the people of this country are all working and making enough to support a family. I sure hope that happens. I'm skeptical because Republicans tend to suck. Like I heard that even though it is now a workers market because companies can't find good help, that hasn't really increased wages as much as it should have. One thing I think is going to happen is that all the government workers who lose their jobs will replace the immigrants. And that too is a good thing. If Trump really shrinks our government I'm all for that.

You guys were never as fair with Obama as I'm being with Trump. All you did was obstruct and you never admitted that he got us out of the greatest recession this country has seen since the Great Depression. Don't ever forget that. He wasn't pro business enough for you? Well you aren't pro worker enough for me. At least not yet. Talk to me when Trump fucks us all and cuts social security and medicare 30%. Then you'll need a second job because you will never retire.

What did Trump do?

The Republican Congress doubled the markets since they took the majority, just for the fact they could prevent much of the Hussein's economic policy being implemented. The Hussein didn't do anything after passing Hussein-care, which today even liberals admit is a train wreck.

LONDON — Everyone knows capitalism is based on supply and demand. If the supply of something goes down, then the price of it rises. The concept applies to labour, too. In boom times, when there is low unemployment, wages go up as employers compete for workers and the available labour pool dwindles.

With unemployment in the UK currently at 4.6%, we ought to be living in a golden age, a once-in-a-generation opportunity for workers to make good money. Anything under 5% or 6% is belowthe technical range of "full employment." New employees ought to be difficult for businesses to find. Workers increasingly ought to be able to name their price.

Unemployment this low was last seen in Britain 40 years ago.

"The last time the unemployment rate was at its present 4.6% rate, in 1975, average earnings were increasing by around 30% on a year earlier!" That quote comes from a note published last week by Martin Beck, the lead UK economist at Oxford Economics.

But today, average wage growth is only 1.9%.

That's down from 4.5% in average pay rises workers got in the decade before the 2008 crash, when unemployment was higher. It's "an unprecedentedly poor performance. This is despite joblessness dropping to a 40- year low and employment at a record high,"

http://www.businessinsider.com/low-unemployment-wage-increases-gig-economy-2017-5

What did Trump do?

LONDON — Everyone knows capitalism is based on supply and demand. If the supply of something goes down, then the price of it rises. The concept applies to labour, too. In boom times, when there is low unemployment, wages go up as employers compete for workers and the available labour pool dwindles.

With unemployment in the UK currently at 4.6%, we ought to be living in a golden age, a once-in-a-generation opportunity for workers to make good money. Anything under 5% or 6% is belowthe technical range of "full employment." New employees ought to be difficult for businesses to find. Workers increasingly ought to be able to name their price.

"The last time the unemployment rate was at its present 4.6% rate, in 1975, average earnings were increasing by around 30% on a year earlier!" That quote comes from a note published last week by Martin Beck, the lead UK economist at Oxford Economics.

That's down from 4.5% in average pay rises workers got in the decade before the 2008 crash, when unemployment was higher. It's "an unprecedentedly poor performance. This is despite joblessness dropping to a 40- year low and employment at a record high,"

The 'gig economy' has broken a fundamental link in capitalism that was good for workers

Could be because of globalism, that they are effectively competing on a "level" playing field with the entire fucking third world.

Dang, when will President Obama stop destroying the economy?

Its that damned Obamacare bringing the economy to its knees

Republicans warned us but we didn't listen

That's rubbish.

Healthcare is already too expensive. It's expensive because there are already too many unnecessary people taking a slice of the pie. But you people don't care about these massive costs, you actually support them with all your effort. You simply don't like Obamacare because Obama put it in place, so you whinge and moan about extra costs on top of already ridiculous costs, but never complained about the ridiculous costs and will do nothing to change the system that leads to the ridiculous cots.

Essentially, you're taking an argument that you find convenient and trying to flog it for all it's worth.

That's rubbish.

Healthcare is already too expensive. It's expensive because there are already too many unnecessary people taking a slice of the pie. But you people don't care about these massive costs, you actually support them with all your effort. You simply don't like Obamacare because Obama put it in place, so you whinge and moan about extra costs on top of already ridiculous costs, but never complained about the ridiculous costs and will do nothing to change the system that leads to the ridiculous cots.

Essentially, you're taking an argument that you find convenient and trying to flog it for all it's worth.
I want single payer

That's rubbish.

I want single payer

Good for you. You can still want single payer AND be wrong.

What did Trump do?

The 'gig economy' has broken a fundamental link in capitalism that was good for workers

Could be because of globalism, that they are effectively competing on a "level" playing field with the entire fucking third world.
I just sold $56,000 to a customer! Do you know what my companies cut is for this sale? $25,000. It took me ten minutes. The president of my company shit his pants. Before me we sold $500k a year in my product this year 1.5 millionor more.

I'm rooting for Trump. I'm almost over the butt hurt Republicans gave me the last two decades. Maybe Trump will change them to honestly care about American workers the same way Switzerland, Germany, England Australia and Canada do.

It seemed as if the GOP was anti labor the last twenty years. Maybe Trump's changing that. We will see

That's rubbish.

I want single payer

Good for you. You can still want single payer AND be wrong.
Funny because my conservative British friend realizes this is the one thing that should be government run. You are so brainwashed you'll fight anything government run.

That's rubbish.

Your party is in charge and what are they doing? Nada!

Forum List

Back