Puyallup, WA
Saddam bankrolled Palestinian terrorists

FRASER NELSON
POLITICAL EDITOR

Key points
• Documents show Saddam funded Palestinian terrorist group
• Syrian business front funded terrorists through UN oil-for-food programme
• 1991 tape reveals Saddam wanted to use biological weapons against Israel

Story in full SADDAM Hussein’s links to terrorism have been proven by documents showing he helped to fund the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine.

The PFLP, whose history of terrorism dates back to the "black September" hijackings of 1970, was personally vetted by Saddam to receive oil vouchers worth £40 million.

The deal has been uncovered by US investigators, trawling millions of pages of documents showing a network of diplomats bribed by Saddam’s regimes, and political parties who qualified for backhanded payments from Baghdad.

Link Link Link

I can recall being in the Middle East and seeing media campaigns for a fund raising event sponsored by the Red Crescent Society (affiliated with the Red Cross). The purpose was to raise money for the Palestinian cause. I could not say, if any of these funds where channeled to what the Arab calls freedom fighter, and the Israeli calls terrorist. I can tell you in these same regions they had large camps for training these "Freedom Fighters"
We tend not to notice these camps, maybe because their host is allied with our interest in our own war on terrorist.

Such is the complexity of the World.

White knight said:
I can recall being in the Middle East and seeing media campaigns for a fund raising event sponsored by the Red Crescent Society (affiliated with the Red Cross). The purpose was to raise money for the Palestinian cause. I could not say, if any of these funds where channeled to what the Arab calls freedom fighter, and the Israeli calls terrorist. I can tell you in these same regions they had large camps for training these "Freedom Fighters"
We tend not to notice these camps, maybe because their host is allied with our interest in our own war on terrorist.

Such is the complexity of the World.

I tend to trust the Red Cross/Red Crescent a bit more than Saddam Hussein. Thanks for playing, though.

And, BTW, just because they call themselves "freedom fighters" does not make them any less of a terrorist organization. Ever hear of wolves in sheep's clothing?

In fundamental Islamic terms, the Arabic translation of "Jihadist" is "Freedom Fighter" .

drowe said:
In fundamental Islamic terms, the Arabic translation of "Jihadist" is "Freedom Fighter" .

While that may be true, in fundamental American terms, a terrorist kills innocent people in order to further or acheive a political objective. Since this is exactly what Jihadists/"freedom fighters" do, then they are rightly labeled terrorists.

Exactly my point Jeff. I think we are in agreement.

Larry Abraham says it best:

The Jihadist are NOT like us, nor most of their fellow Muslims. But, like terrorists everywhere they have silenced any criticisms from fellow Muslims through threats and intimidation and have, with the help of the ‘useful idiots” in the West, “created the appearance of popular support”. Larry Abraham - The Clash Of Civilizations And The Great Caliphate

gop_jeff said:
While that may be true, in fundamental American terms, a terrorist kills innocent people in order to further or acheive a political objective. Since this is exactly what Jihadists/"freedom fighters" do, then they are rightly labeled terrorists.

They do not consider those people (Israelis) to be innocent. That is the problem with such simplistic definitions of "terrorists".

Perhaps it would be more appropriate to replace "innocent" with "defenceless".

wade said:
They do not consider those people (Israelis) to be innocent. That is the problem with such simplistic definitions of "terrorists".

Perhaps it would be more appropriate to replace "innocent" with "defenceless".

What did the women and children who died in the Infatada do to the Palestinians to deserve such a gruesome death? Are you really seriously saying that they weren't innocent victims of terrorism? Just because in someone's twisted way of thinking they deserved death, did they really deserve death?

gop_jeff said:
What did the women and children who died in the Infatada do to the Palestinians to deserve such a gruesome death? Are you really seriously saying that they weren't innocent victims of terrorism? Just because in someone's twisted way of thinking they deserved death, did they really deserve death?

No. I'm saying that is how the terrorists see things, not how I see them. See?

Forum List

Back