More Businesses Bite ObamaCare Bullet

AquaAthena

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
Olive Garden, Longhorn Steakhouse and Red Lobster restaurants join in by cutting employee work hours due to ObamaCare

Excerpted, column by Howard Rich, Investor's Business Daily, "ObamaCare Mandate To Cut Worker Hours, Leaving The Poor Worse Off":

Having secured another four years in the White House, Obama can now block any effort to overturn his socialized medicine law — although states can (thankfully) still stop much of its new spending if they reject ObamaCare's "exchanges" and refuse its Medicaid enrollment expansions. For the sake of our future deficits, let's hope they do so en masse.

One provision of ObamaCare that can no longer be stopped, however, is its "employer mandate." While nowhere near as infamous as the "individual mandate" compelling citizen participation in the health insurance market, ObamaCare's requirement that companies provide coverage to all employees working more than 30 hours a week will be a job killer nonetheless.

Not only will this mandate prevent job growth among small----[more]

Libertarian Republican

In my field of work this is called an 'extinction burst.' People overreact to something, then time passes and they realize that everything is fine. That is how society has reacted for the last several thousand years.

From experience of the restaurant industry...its called keeping costs in line.

In my field of work this is called an 'extinction burst.' People overreact to something, then time passes and they realize that everything is fine. That is how society has reacted for the last several thousand years.

Yes, you and I know that one well.....:eusa_clap:

Yes, you and I know that one well.....:eusa_clap:

Yes, we sure do. Unless you are in the industry its hard to explain how razor thin margins are.

I think over the long run they'll be ok. I also hope that.

I hope so too....

but until then.... i hope they enjoy what they voted for.

With all due respect sir, you are not thinking good.....:eusa_shifty:

Well! I am not thinking well! But I usually think well and that's how I know that in a few years there will still be restaurants, and an America, and business, and all of those other things that Obama is supposed to destroy.

How sweet it is, can the restaurant industry cripple Oblamercare???

no, they wont cripple obamacare.....

But i support adding a obamacare surcharge onto every bill instead of raising he price of food.

I also understand the reasoning for paring back the work force and moving other jobs into part time positions only.

Well! I am not thinking well! But I usually think well and that's how I know that in a few years there will still be restaurants, and an America, and business, and all of those other things that Obama is supposed to destroy.

I "almost" used well, but I didn't think you would get that, based upon your idealistic opinion of how the cost of ObamaCare is not going to detrimentally affect all businesses and healthcare in our country.

Most non-essential employees will be put on part time for sure now. That's been the pattern since the Clinton years, Obamacare puts the final nail in the coffin.

For many it will be par-time jobs, no insurance companies to cover them and guinea pigs of government health control. Healthcare and privacy will no longer exist for the masses yet every last penny will be squeezed out of the middle-class to pay for it.

Well at least until the US goes bankrupt anyway, then it will be much worse.. just sayin

Last edited:

I "almost" used well, but I didn't think you would get that, based upon your idealistic opinion of how the cost of ObamaCare is not going to detrimentally affect all businesses and healthcare in our country.

Ah but you were wrong and I did get it. And maybe you'll be wrong about your other ideas too. We'll have to wait and see.

Ah but you were wrong and I did get it. And maybe you'll be wrong about your other ideas too. We'll have to wait and see.

And maybe I won't and you will be. If you have never been in business for yourself, I can't take your "maybe" seriously, because you lack information on running a business, but you sound hopeful and that ain't [deliberate] all bad....

Why don't we just tie you to a boulder and roll you over a cliff just to "wait and see" how it turns out, unreasonable don't you think?

And maybe I won't and you will be. If you have never been in business for yourself, I can't take your "maybe" seriously, because you lack information on running a business, but you sound hopeful and that ain't [deliberate] all bad....

I'm an independent contractor, which is more or less me running my own business. And I am hopeful. You should be too. In 2 and 4 years everything could change, and that's why I'm sure everything will be fine.

And lumpy: :piss2:

I'm an independent contractor, which is more or less me running my own business. And I am hopeful. You should be too. In 2 and 4 years everything could change, and that's why I'm sure everything will be fine.

I would ask you what you base you assertions upon, as they seem tentative, ( could, should, maybe ) so I won't. Instead I will say "thank you" for keeping your discourse with me, civil, and bid you a "goodnight." :)

:lol:..You are such a bad money but a great sheep..

Forum List

Back