More Black on white Racism/Descrimination in the Obama Admin.

Apparently....it sounds as if there may have been some knee jerk reactions in the media blitz on Shirley Sherrod - perhaps an over eagerness to air any and all examples of black-on-white racism, with little desire to check accuracy.

In this article:

After watching the video Monday evening, I wrote in comments that “what Sherrod says in that video — and what she apparently did — are deeply troubling… She might very well have earned a firing. But I’d like to see that rest of that video as well, because at the point it abruptly ends, she appears to be saying that it’s wrong to think in terms of black and white, that she came to see things as more accurately divided between poor and rich than by race.”​

and...

One of the online snippets shows her all but saying she was wrong and explaining that the episode helped her to understand that race should not have played a role in the matter. Sherrod has since told CNN and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that she worked for some two years to help the white man save his farm and that she and the man’s family ultimately became friends. The white farmer is deceased, but his wife has apparently confirmed Sherrod’s version of events.​

Is she a racist or a scapegoat?

You're assuming that Spooner and the farmer in question is one and the same. I am sure that more than one white farmer approached Sherrod. But she even admitted to not helping this farmer but sending him to "one of his own kind".

I'm assumming NOTHING. That is why I wonder why the entire video wasn't shown, for example? How do you know exactly what she "admitted to" when you only hear a portion of it?

I heard enough to know she's a racist fuck.

Because you idiot there is no slavery to apologize for.

Oh shut up you jackass, you as usual have nothing to say, you're just trying to save your shameful face for believing the stupidity of the Teabaggers, Fauxnews and other conservative distorters and myth makers. Will you acknowledge that you were hoodwinked?

Come shut me up tough guy! Fact is dumbass I know what the fuck I heard. Unlike your racist fucking ass I'm not as forgiving to racist pukes like Sherrod.

barking%20dog.JPG
Woof!! Woof!! Woof!! You sound like a dog gone mad jackass, you've been bamboozled, you only heard what Teabagger and rightwing conservative biased media chose to let you hear, you didn't even know the incident happened 24 years ago and that the family of man forgave the Sherrod after she helped save their farm, who needs your punkdafied, sissified apology? Were you wronged? No, then´again, yes you were, by the Teabagger, rightwing conservative myth making media.

Oh shut up you jackass, you as usual have nothing to say, you're just trying to save your shameful face for believing the stupidity of the Teabaggers, Fauxnews and other conservative distorters and myth makers. Will you acknowledge that you were hoodwinked?

Come shut me up tough guy! Fact is dumbass I know what the fuck I heard. Unlike your racist fucking ass I'm not as forgiving to racist pukes like Sherrod.

barking%20dog.JPG
Woof!! Woof!! Woof!! You sound like a dog gone mad jackass, you've been bamboozled, you only heard what Teabagger and rightwing conservative biased media chose to let you hear, you didn't even know the incident happened 24 years ago and that the family of man forgave the Sherrod after she helped save their farm, who needs your punkdafied, sissified apology? Were you wronged? No, then´again, yes you were, by the Teabagger, rightwing conservative myth making media.

No Family - Modbert

I don't give a rat's ass if it happened 124 years ago, the racist bitch was racist then and the racist bitch is racist now.

Never happen, racism against whites is acceptable in today's society.

You’re absolutely correct. Whites are doormats in our very own country. We bemoan crimes committed against minorities by whites and brand them “Hate crimes”, but crimes committed against us by minorities, we are as silent as church mice. Our ancestors, who fought and founded this great nation through their blood, tears, and the sweat off their brows are probably spinning like fucking tops in their graves. We are our own worst enemy. If we didn’t have the leftists and the Zionist media screaming “racist” at us for defending our heritage (AZ is just doing what the government fails to do, and they’re called racists), the skies the limit to what we could accomplish. If we had no more obstacles to overcome, the black and brown plagues would be wiped out with a simple thought. We are still close to 70% of the population. If we are to flex our collective muscles, the time to do it is soon, as when we are a minority, it will be ten times harder to organize and assemble.

Wow Libs actually defending this chick.

Oh it happened so long ago.

who the FUCK cares. She is a flaming Racists

One of his own Kind... LOL You Libs are such disgusting Hypocrites.

Really.

Maybe you ought to look up the meaning of "racist".

Then - listen to the unedited version of the tape instead of your typical talking points.

Honestly. I would think you guys could come up with some valid instances of black-on-white racism (you know - Al Sharpton, Farrakahn) with out having to grasp at straws here.

You must be desperate.

You're assuming that Spooner and the farmer in question is one and the same. I am sure that more than one white farmer approached Sherrod. But she even admitted to not helping this farmer but sending him to "one of his own kind".

I'm assumming NOTHING. That is why I wonder why the entire video wasn't shown, for example? How do you know exactly what she "admitted to" when you only hear a portion of it?

In otherwords, you are such a political hack, you don't give a damn about truth or accuracy.

Pathetic.

Really.

Then - listen to the unedited version of the tape instead of your typical talking points.

Honestly. I would think you guys could come up with some valid instances of black-on-white racism (you know - Al Sharpton, Farrakahn) with out having to grasp at straws here.

You must be desperate.

I have listened to the whole thing. She clearly says she thought he was acting superior to her, so she didn't help him as much as she could, but wanted him to feel like she helped so she refereed him to a white lawyer. Saying he was One of his own kind.

No matter how much you spin it, or defend it. Calling the white lawyer "one of his kind" is a core Racist thought process. She wasn't thinking of his as a fellow American or Fellow Human, She was thinking of him as a White man.

I guarantee you if any white Government official had a tape of him saying he didn't help a black as much as he could and sent him to "one of his own kind"

all you assholes would scream racism from the tops of all the mountains on earth

FUCKING HYPOCRITES.

Last edited:

Really.

You must be desperate.

I have listened to the whole thing. She clearly says she thought he was acting superior to her, so she didn't help him as much as she could, but wanted him to feel like she helped so she refereed him to a white lawyer. Saying he was One of his own kind.

If that was all you heard, then no, you didn't hear the entire thing - particularly, the lesson in the story she was telling and how she went back and helped the farmer.

No matter how much you spin it, or defend it. Calling the white lawyer "one of his kind" a core Racist thought process.

I'm not the one spinning. A statement, "one of his own kind" is not in and of itself racist or there would be a shitload more racists running around.

I guarantee you if any white Government offical had a tape of him saying he didnt help a black as much as he could and sent him to "one of his own kind"

If he went on to tell the rest of the story - and people listened, maybe we'd learn something.

all you asshole would scream racism from the tops of all the mountains on earth

FUCKING HYPOCRITES.

You're the one screaming "racism". Asshole.

jackass, you started this thread, look at the title, tell me, does it fit the time period? It happened years ago, thats right so when do white people only the right to moan and complain about crap that happened 24 years ago in which the person who committed act helped the family, yet you whites want blacks to totally forget about racist acts that whites committed against blacks that happened years ago, if you want to open that can of worms up lets go but you will lose. You posted this thread with the intention of smearing the Obama administration and you claimed to know the whole facts and to have watched the entire video, well had you did that as you claimed you would known that the incident happened 24 years ago, instead you called "Black on white descrimination in the Obama Administration" because like the shameless monkey you are you let yourself be intentionally mislead by rightwinger trash.

Her act was not right but she simply admitted what people in customer service commonly do when dealing with rude customers, and that is, they don't give rude, inconsiderate customers the same kind of service they give customers who are not rude. If you were in the same position and I said "hey cracker white devil, I need some assistance right now because I'm black and poor" you cannot sit here and say you would give me the top quality service. You're an idiot looking for anything you can smear and it came back to bite you in the anus because of your misinformation.

Using the "it happened 24 years ago" as a defense means that what happened 200 years ago with slavery should be written off too. As Obama is quick to point out "words mean something".
The question to pose is; how would people feel if the situation were reversed. Sharpton et al would be on the news cycle non stop.

more fake news exposed by fox
they are fair and balanced between wingnut and militia

Using the "it happened 24 years ago" as a defense means that what happened 200 years ago with slavery should be written off too. As Obama is quick to point out "words mean something".
The question to pose is; how would people feel if the situation were reversed. Sharpton et al would be on the news cycle non stop.

Why are you defending liars who would post only part of a speech, just to start a fake controversy? She told a story of personal growth, but they tried to make it something else. Conservatives may take some seats this fall, but by 2012 I expect a rerun of '96. No matter how valid some of their points may be, they usually manage to take a dump in the punch bowl.

In otherwords, you are such a political hack, you don't give a damn about truth or accuracy.

Pathetic.

Politics has nothing to do with it dumbass. I know what the truth is, she admitted to not doing everything she could to help a white farmer. I'm certain that she had to deal with more than one white farmer, so who's to say other whites weren't treated with the same disdain.

On July 25, 2009, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack appointed Shirley Sherrod as Georgia Director of Rural Development. USDA Rural Development spends over $1.2 billion in the State of Georgia each year.

Shirley Sherrod, USDA Rural Development Georgia State Director, delivered a speech at the NAACP's 20th Annual Freedom Fund Banquet. In which she said the following.

Watch the video here
BizzyBlog

"I was struggling with the fact that so many black people had lost their farmland, and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land. So I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough," Sherrod said. "So that when he, I assumed the Department of Agriculture had sent him to me, either that or the Georgia Department of Agriculture, and he needed to go back and report that I did try to help him."

She also said

"So I took him to a white lawyer that had attended some of training that we had provided because Chapter 12 bankruptcy had just been enacted for the family farm. So I figured if I take him to one of them, that his own kind would take care of him."

So instead of a government Loan or Grant to save his farm, the Bitch sent him to a Bankruptcy lawyer, by her own words, only because he was white.

This Chick is partially responsible for handing out over 1 Billion dollars a year and she is Discriminating against whites.

I demand she be fired immediately.

dummy!

she DID NOT WORK for the gvt at the TIME, she worked for a NON PROFIT organization.

The point is Sherrod was honest about the bias in her mind and she helped the people anyway. Her inner struggle didn't get in the way of her service.

The point is Sherrod was honest about the bias in her mind and she helped the people anyway. Her inner struggle didn't get in the way of her service.

No she was honest about her racism and she didn't fully help that farmer by her own admission. She stated she "didn’t give him the full force of what I could of", but she "did enough" so he wouldn't go and report that she didn't help him. Her help? She took him to a white lawyer to "one of his own". She said "that it’s about poor vs those who have. It’s not so much about white – it IS about white and black".

Forum List

Back