More bad news for Republicans...home prices up 10%

I guess by now it's abundantly clear that this thread has failed. That the 10% increase in home sales, (however positive) does not fit in quite as nicely when the BIG PICTURE is taken into consideration. Which is usually the case when a Liberal presents something as a "fact".

I guess by now it's abundantly clear that this thread has failed. That the 10% increase in home sales, (however positive) does not fit in quite as nicely when the BIG PICTURE is taken into consideration. Which is usually the case when a Liberal presents something as a "fact".

Heard on radio stock report this afternoon that new home sales are up 3% over last month.
I won't begrudge good news. Lord knows we need it.
Legitimacy goes a long way, though.

:cool:

Home sales up, car sales up, retail sales up, gas prices down, unemployment down, Bin Laden dead, .......

What will Republicans run on?

Anticontraception???? The Rev. Wright???

Unemployment down?

It was below 8% when he took office.

And despite his addition to the debt of $5 trillion, we still have fewer jobs than the day he took office.

Home prices being up IS bad news, for everyone.

Obama never let the inflated bubble equilibrate.

It's still an artificial bubble.

Great work....:rolleyes:

New housing start peaked in 2005 at 2 million and bottomed out in 2009 at .5 million. New housing starts in April will exceed 700,000.

April Housing Starts SURGE To 717K - Business Insider

New housing "starts" does NOT translate into new housing "completions". This is the most heavily disingenuously used statistic with regards to new home construction. The fact is new home construction is down... Meaning COMPLETED new homes. "Starts" is a Wall Street term sometimes used by those wishing to manipulate data to show a brighter tomorrow. It doesn't wash if you know what "starts" really means. Pouring a foundation, and wrapping the area with caution tape does NOT equate to a newly constructed home people actually live in. Look up what "starts" means... The internet can be your friend.
A housing start is defined as beginning the foundation of the home itself. There are damn few homes that are left incomplete after the foundation is laid.

Read more: Economic Indicators: Housing Starts | Investopedia

Forum List

Back