More Bad News for Dems: Poll: Trust swings to GOP on economy, jobs

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Poll: Trust swings to GOP on economy, jobs

In an ominous sign for Democrats, a new poll has found that people trust the GOP more on the economy and jobs, the two issues most likely to decide the fall elections.

In a USA Today/Gallup poll released Wednesday, 49 percent of respondents said Republicans would do a better job handling the economy than Democrats; only 38 percent said Democrats would be better.
On jobs, Republicans held a statistically significant 46-41 advantage over Democrats.

The results are the latest positive polling figures for Republicans. Gallup found this week that the GOP has a 10-point advantage over Democrats in a generic ballot survey, the largest lead one party has held over the other since the polling group started posing the question in 1942.

Now, I KNOW there have been other threads about the 10 point lead, BUT, it's what the poll released today I want to focus on: 49% finding Republicans would do a better job ON jobs.

Now why would that be?

Well, let's examine where the unemployment numbers were when Republicans held the majority and where they have been since?

It's pretty obvious, that the American people are not stupid, and they remember they had a job while Republicans were in office, and now they are out of work.

Blaming Bush can help only so much. By almost two years into the Obama economy, come on Democrats, let face it, you own this economy.

Voters aren't taking the "it's Bush's fault" excuse anymore. They don't care about Obama or the Democrat's grand visions for the future with healthcare, or Global Warming. They want a freaking JOB and they are going to do something about it, come November 2.

Remember Democrats? Remember when the idea another 1994 might happen if Healthcare was passed. And Obama said that the one thing different then from now is "you have me."

Yeah, you have Obama. You followed him. Right over a cliff.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back