More Attractive: Natural Look or Enhanced?

The natural look hands down. There is nothing more beautiful than a woman who is confident in the looks that God gave her.

Definitely. The first "fight" I had with a woman I dated some years ago was over her freckles. She was a beautiful redhead and I was actually kind of surprised that she didn't have any freckles (I love redheads and freckles). The first time I went to her apartment for dinner I got there early before she was fully ready and found out that she DID have freckles, but was embarassed of them for some reason so she wore a foundation to hide them. I told her she looked even more beautiful WITH the freckles than without them. She disagreed and told me that she never went out without the foundation on because she was so embarassed by them. I told her that since we were staying in for the evening not going out that she didn't need to put the makeup on and we had a mild arguement over it.

It all comes back to that personal body image concept. You need to be content with who you are. I actually tried some makeup to conceal my birthmark when I was a child, but that was an absolute disaster. It also just wasn't ME.

Our society today judges people largely on their appearance. We as individuals also tend to make broad, sweeping decisions about who we want to be like, to associate ourselves with, be in a relationship with, etc.... based on appearance.

Which brings me to my question.... What sort of appearance do you find more attractive? Is it the Natural Look or the Enhanced Look? Now let me explain what I mean by each before you respond.

For me, the Natural Look refers to someone who does not go out of their way to significantly change, alter, or enhance their appearance through the use of chemicals, cosmetics, special clothing, or other means. These are generally the women wearing little to no makeup, who aren't wearing the push-up bras and 5" heels; and the guys who aren't at the gym for three hours every day working on their six-pack abs and "guns", who don't have a $50 hairstyle and wouldn't know what a manicure entails.

On the other hand you have the Enhanced Look. These are the men and women for whom everything is about their appearance. They spend obscene amounts of time at the gym to lose the 3-4 "vanity" pounds or to ensure they have the perfect abs. The guys who look like fashion models with the hair all done up, and the ladies who have to add an extra cup size to their bust with a push-up bra and 3" to their height with heels just to go get a half gallon of milk at the corner store. The people who won't allow anyone to see them in the morning until they'e "put their face on", or primped themselves fully.

both are ok. nothing wrong with looking natural, nothing wrong with being inshape. I can't same I'm a huge fan of breast implants. There I definitely think natural is better. an A cup is as hot as a B or a C.

but on a side note. as you get older, your looks are going to fade. so if you're too hung up on looks, your headed for disapointment. but you should try to keep yourself as fit as possible. for health reasons if nothing else

well, as women... we have are just as simple minded *lola* as some men seem to be about what we like... :lol:

I like goatees and dimples. :lol: lots and lots of body hair.... and all that jazz, but what wins me over is an honest and genuine sense of humor and dorkiness. *hearts* survival skills are always a plus, of course *hearts* :lol:

well, as women... we have are just as simple minded *lola* as some men seem to be about what we like... :lol:

I like goatees and dimples. :lol: lots and lots of body hair.... and all that jazz, but what wins me over is an honest and genuine sense of humor and dorkiness. *hearts* survival skills are always a plus, of course *hearts* :lol:

Most younger women I've come across lately like six pack abs, not alot of body hair, a tan, and a packed wallet.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVUGCdTVpug]‪Jerry Jeff Walker - I Like My Women (A Little On The Trashy Side)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Most younger women I've come across lately like six pack abs, not alot of body hair, a tan, and a packed wallet.

Honestly? When I see a six pack ona guy I'm thinking he has too much time on his hands for the vanities of life than investments toward the depths of life. I prefer thick men. My husband obsesses over his 'bit of belly' and to me it is one of those 'sensible comforts' that I adore. It is real, it is him. He is healthy and vibrant, most days running me tired as hell... :lol: I'd rather, too, for his head to be more full of thinking strategies than his wallet packed... Debts are just not at all flattering on anyone.

So many men say they love the natural look.

But then, when they get it from their SOs?

They start looking around.

Ladies don't fall for that BS that some of these men believe about themselves that they love the natural look. (they really ONLY love the natural look if nature was expecially generous to women)

Looks COUNT for men. We are VISUALLY oriented when it comes to sex.

As if I have to tell you gals something so freaking obvious as that, right?

Last edited:
My experience has been exactly that. Looks do matter. Especially for men, it seems. Many say they like the natural look but that only means they have an ideal in mind of what is naturally attractive. My hubby likes dark haired bronzed women. *lola* I am a pale blonde that only tans after burning several times.... There sometimes is a type of prep work that could seem excessive to some who already have a certain look that others hope to attain. I know because in the winter months I now lay in the tanning beds. It really helps with the winter aches and that is my validation for doing so. I get the benefit of tanned skin, but it isn't the reason.

In family life, it seems to be so easy for us to stop seeing our spouses as the men and women they are in the public's eye. We all too often readily recognize the things about them that are flaws. It may be to comfort and pacify ourselves or it may be because our expectations of them increase as time passes. For whatever reason it does seem that if a couple can effectively look at one another through the eyes of a stranger and regain the mystery of a new, renewed adventure then whatever supposed flaws that could have potentially divided them could become the symbolic spices that better enhance their relationship.

Forever Idealistic I suppose I may seem but I am a witness to those truths all the time. *hearts*

So many men say they love the natural look.

But then, when they get it from their SOs?

They start looking around.

Ladies don't fall for that BS that some of these men believe about themselves that they love the natural look. (they really ONLY love the natural look if nature was expecially generous to women)

Looks COUNT for men. We are VISUALLY oriented when it comes to sex.

As if I have to tell you gals something so freaking obvious as that, right?

You are absolutely right, most guys I know say they prefer the "natural" look but then look at the number of women going in for enhancements, its through the roof, obviously someone somewhere likes the alterations because women keep going in to get them.

Forum List

Back