More AGW Evidence: Record Dec Snowfall in Central Park

Using the formula:

ManMade Global Warming = f(colder, warmer, more snow, less snow, more and bigger hurricanes, no hurricanes), we can say that the snow dumped on Central Park this December, the most since 1948, was a direct result of NYC pumping so much CO2 into the air.

Heed the warning before all of the America north of the Ohio River to New Jersey is again under a sheet of ice a mile thick!

This ManMade Global Warming ain't fucking playing this time!

central_park_snow.jpg

Posts like these are just as pointless and idiotic as the ones started by the hard core warmers during summer heat waves.

"CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts, October 4, 2006 (ENS) - Global warming will cause major changes to the climate of the U.S. Northeast if greenhouse gas emissions are not reduced, scientists said today. Warmer annual temperatures, less snow, more frequent droughts and more extreme rainstorms are expected if current warming trends continue, the scientists said in a new study, and time is running out for action to avoid such changes to the climate."

Suggested Update by CF 12/28/10

CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts, December 28 2010 (ENS) - Global warming will cause major changes to the climate of the U.S. Northeast if greenhouse gas emissions are not reduced, scientists said today. Warmer or colder annual temperatures, more or less snow, more or lessfrequent or no droughts at all and more or lessextreme rainstorms or maybe not are expected if current warming trends continue, the scientists said in a new study, and time is running out for action to avoid such changes to the climate.

27_2545284-27.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, yes, yes....When I think "global warming", freezing temperatures and six-foot snow drifts are the first things that spring to mind. :rolleyes: :lol:

How about precipitation events? If the storm was not below normal temperatures, but was above the norm in precipitation, whether snow or rain, it is a precipitiation event.

And while you fellows are having all that fun with the snow, our daytime temps in Portland, Oregon, averaged about 50 degrees for January. In fact, yesterday, there were some areas in Oregon that hit 70 degrees.

Well I have to admit to some confusion here. We are talking about Greenland right?

According to the weather station AT Narsarsuaq Greenland the current temp is 10C, the forecast for saturday is 0C with light snow. Night temps will be -5C with a 50% chance of snow.

Which planet is Weather Underground predicting for?

Narsarsuaq, Greenland 7 Day Weather Forecast - WeatherBug.com

Narsarsuaq Weather Forecast. Detailed Narsarsuaq Forecast for the next 9 days - Weather-Forecast.com

Both of these show colder temps then weather underground. One of them has a 20 degree spread!

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman

As opposed to the "ignorance of the ignorant". I would rather trust people who at least spent the time to learn something.

Yes, you'll notice I have that quote in my signature. I actually knew him and had dinner with him on several occasions. I learned a great deal from him. I suggest you just go learn.

LOL. Yessiree....... A member of the Royal Society, owns a GT 40, Member of the AGU, and designed the Hoover Dam.

Rocks and the rest of the FAITHER k00ks see big ass snowstorms hit the northeast in waves and check out the level of angst and hyper-activity on this forum from the FAITHERS!!! Let me tell you something.........its NOT because of rising public concerns about "weather extremes". Its because people are digging in their driveways for 9 hours and walking past their corners and observing 15 foot high snow piles and saying to themselves, "gee......havent seen much of Al Gore lately!!!":fu: AND THE K00KS KNOW IT.

Because if he showed his face in New York City right now...........well..........no elaboration needed is there??:funnyface:

Last edited:
ps..........The Royal Society has all kinds of close Marxist Organization ties.............but dont take my word for it. Go to "Sourcewatch" and type in ROYAL SOCIETY.................scroll down a bit and find out they are about one thing: wealth redistribution. They use global warming as a vehicle to meet their agenda goals.

Sooo...all the facts you need to know you can glean by looking out your window?
Some days I can look out my south window and it is clearly winter, and then, 5 seconds later, I make it to my north window and it must be summer!!!
Surely enough information to be basing a theory on global climate upon.

Sooo...all the facts you need to know you can glean by looking out your window?
Some days I can look out my south window and it is clearly winter, and then, 5 seconds later, I make it to my north window and it must be summer!!!
Surely enough information to be basing a theory on global climate upon.

LMBO..........post of the year ^^^^^^^^:lol::lol::lol:

Rocks and the rest of the FAITHER k00ks see big ass snowstorms hit the northeast in waves and check out the level of angst and hyper-activity on this forum from the FAITHERS!!! Let me tell you something.........its NOT because of rising public concerns about "weather extremes". Its because people are digging in their driveways for 9 hours and walking past their corners and observing 15 foot high snow piles and saying to themselves, "gee......havent seen much of Al Gore lately!!!":fu: AND THE K00KS KNOW IT.

Because if he showed his face in New York City right now...........well..........no elaboration needed is there??:funnyface:

Huh, still nothing but the sound of crickets...still waiting for an answer...

Lucky fucking bastards!

Answer me this; how many below average snow years has NY seen in the last 35 years?

Talk about cherry picking...

Problem with that little equation is that more heat would mean more RAIN, not snow.

Dumbass.

Damn. You fellows just keep posting stupidity. In the winter at high latitudes, more heat means that the air containing the heat and moisture gets cooled and falls as snow.Have you ever heard of the lake effect;

Lake-effect snow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Part of the Nature series on
Weather

Weather Portal
v • d • e

Lake-effect snow is produced in cooler atmospheric conditions when cold winds move across long expanses of warmer lake water, providing energy and picking up water vapor which freezes and is deposited on the leeward shores. The same effect over bodies of salt water is called ocean effect snow, sea effect snow, or even bay effect snow. The effect is enhanced when the moving air mass is uplifted by the orographic effect of higher elevations on the downwind shores. This uplifting can produce narrow but very intense bands of precipitation, which deposit at a rate of many inches of snow each hour, often resulting in copious snowfall totals. The areas affected by lake-effect snow are called snowbelts. This effect occurs in many locations throughout the world but is best known in the populated areas of the Great Lakes of North America, and especially Western New York, northwestern Pennsylvania, northeastern Ohio, southwestern and central Ontario, northwestern and northcentral Indiana (mostly between Gary, IN and Elkhart, IN), western Michigan and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, which can average over 200 inches (5 meters) of snow per year and averages the most snow of any non-mountainous location within the continental U.S.[1]
Lake effect or not, you need COLD AIR to get snow.

Ergo, the warmer ambient air temperatures you Chicken Little know-nothings keep wringing your hands about would naturally translate into more rain and less snow....Dipschitt.

Not IN WINTER you fool.

Something to chew on...
weather.com - Storm Encyclopedia - Winter Precipitation: Freezing Rain, Snow, Sleet

All precipitation starts out as ice or snow crystals at cloud level. When this frozen precipitation falls into a layer of sufficiently warmer air (with temperatures above freezing) it melts into rain. If this warm air extends all the way to the surface of the earth, rain will fall at ground level.

I thought of the fools like you, dudball, skook, PB, west, CF...when I read this...

Attachments

• $get fuzzy DATA.gif
    $get fuzzy DATA.gif
    65.8 KB · Views: 66
Science is so hard for some on the right to grasp correctly

CF correctly stated the basic premise of the "evidence" upon which all AGW "science" rests.

f = ANY meteorological observation.

f = proof of AGW!

There are always meteorological observations to be made.

There is no evidence inconsistent with f.

Therefore AGW.

WOOT! AGW wins the internetz!

And truthdoesn'tmattertoyouatall, if any part of that is incorrectly stating the "science" as conveyed to us mere mortals by ManBearPig or OldSocks, then surely a left winger such as you MUST be able to refute it.

In related news, the Himalayan Glaciers are not melting, they're growing.

Himalayan glaciers are actually advancing rather than retreating, claims the first major study since a controversial UN report said they would be melted within quarter of a century.

Himalayan glaciers not melting because of climate change, report finds - Telegraph
Eats shoots and leaves. Is climate change making the glaciers not melt, or are the glaciers not melting because there's no climate change? :confused:

Damn. You fellows just keep posting stupidity. In the winter at high latitudes, more heat means that the air containing the heat and moisture gets cooled and falls as snow.Have you ever heard of the lake effect;

Lake-effect snow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Part of the Nature series on
Weather

Weather Portal
v • d • e

Lake-effect snow is produced in cooler atmospheric conditions when cold winds move across long expanses of warmer lake water, providing energy and picking up water vapor which freezes and is deposited on the leeward shores. The same effect over bodies of salt water is called ocean effect snow, sea effect snow, or even bay effect snow. The effect is enhanced when the moving air mass is uplifted by the orographic effect of higher elevations on the downwind shores. This uplifting can produce narrow but very intense bands of precipitation, which deposit at a rate of many inches of snow each hour, often resulting in copious snowfall totals. The areas affected by lake-effect snow are called snowbelts. This effect occurs in many locations throughout the world but is best known in the populated areas of the Great Lakes of North America, and especially Western New York, northwestern Pennsylvania, northeastern Ohio, southwestern and central Ontario, northwestern and northcentral Indiana (mostly between Gary, IN and Elkhart, IN), western Michigan and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, which can average over 200 inches (5 meters) of snow per year and averages the most snow of any non-mountainous location within the continental U.S.[1]
Lake effect or not, you need COLD AIR to get snow.

Ergo, the warmer ambient air temperatures you Chicken Little know-nothings keep wringing your hands about would naturally translate into more rain and less snow....Dipschitt.

Not IN WINTER you fool.

Something to chew on...
weather.com - Storm Encyclopedia - Winter Precipitation: Freezing Rain, Snow, Sleet

All precipitation starts out as ice or snow crystals at cloud level. When this frozen precipitation falls into a layer of sufficiently warmer air (with temperatures above freezing) it melts into rain. If this warm air extends all the way to the surface of the earth, rain will fall at ground level.

I thought of the fools like you, dudball, skook, PB, west, CF...when I read this...

Geez........another k00k has evidently joined this forum.............

Well.........welcome aboard s0n. Prepare for public humiliation on an epic scale!!!:D:boobies::funnyface::fu:

Science is so hard for some on the right to grasp correctly

And for those on the Left, having the "correct" grasp of anything is the overriding goal.

It's never enough to simply grasp anything. It must be grasped and understood as the Left would have it presented.

Forum List

Back