More about the scam called "Global Warming"

sitarro said:
Are you saying that putting the word "scientist" on your business card means you won't manipulate findings for the person signing the check that funds you?

No. I suspect you misread my post.

bobn said:
All I am going to do is point out that just one greenhouse gas, carbon dioxide, has risen over 90ppm in the last 250 years and is currently rising at about 1.5ppm per year. So what does that 5-8ppm represent?

yer mommma

Take a chance. Say forgetaboutit when it comes to global warming. Just an abnormal solar spot or something. Write is off as a cyclical annomolie, or something..

Did you see the tornados that hit the mid west a few weeks back? The concentration and number, and scope of their existance?? Not too normal.

Katrina,, the ho that made a mess of the crib in Louisville.. Not good. Probably will happen again. Remember, there were two storms that found the "strike zones". What are effects on the rest of the country?? Fuel prices are where??? Where are the refineries and drilling platforms?? Not a bet I want to take that the storrms may have been fueled by warmer waters in the Gulf.

Of glaciers and polar bears.. Not a happy place to be up in the Artic these days. How much land mass is exposed to sunlight, that was hidden by ice just thirty years ago? Catch 22. Make it warmer, then you can't make it colder. If it doesn't get colder, then you have warmer. But, it is the Artic, we can't allow it to be warmer because that will throw the ecosystem, that is indiginous to the region to die/decay. It is unique and therefore invaluable.

I can still be a conservative republican, at least in my own mind, and still care for the environment. GW's choice on ethanol isn't the cure either.

But, I do take the global warming thing seriously. Cutting down forrests that used to be part of the Earth's air conditioning unit, is stupid. Paving everything under the sun just brings more of the sun to the Earth. If it gets worse, we frizzle up like bacon and die. Game over. No replays.

Driving SUVs to pick up a quart of milk is stupid, especially when you are in Florida. A Prius makes more sense for most drivers, ANYWHERE.

Bottom line. Anything we can do to make a positive difference, and don't, is blood on our hands. What a legacy. And we are in the age of technology? Oye Veh!!

Most GW threads seem to turn out like this:

A) See?? This peer-reviewed study says temperatures are going up.
B) A degree? Okay, and?
A) It's obviously caused by mankind. CO2 correlates with higher temperatures, according to ice cores.
B) Correlation is not the same as causation. The increased CO2 and increased temps may be occuring at the same times because they are both effects of some other cause.
A) Look at this chart though. It's going up, up, up!
B) According to YOUR chart, it looks like we are now going up right on schedule, as we did 25k, 50k, 75k, 100k, and 125k years ago. Climate change is nothing new, it happened to Egypt, the Vikings in Greenland, during the Roman era in Britain, and during the renaissance in europe.
A) ...
A) but but--this is SCIENCE! researched by SCIENTISTS! Don't you think these smart guys and their peer-reviewed studies took that into consideration??
B) Maybe. Or maybe pushing the panic button gets more grant money than saying "everything's A-Okay!".

Did I miss anything?

bobn said:
All I am going to do is point out that just one greenhouse gas, carbon dioxide, has risen over 90ppm in the last 250 years and is currently rising at about 1.5ppm per year. So what does that 5-8ppm represent?

Ok, I'm calling you on that statistic.

:link:

BaronVonBigmeat said:
Most GW threads seem to turn out like this:

A) See?? This peer-reviewed study says temperatures are going up.
B) A degree? Okay, and?
A) It's obviously caused by mankind. CO2 correlates with higher temperatures, according to ice cores.
B) Correlation is not the same as causation. The increased CO2 and increased temps may be occuring at the same times because they are both effects of some other cause.
A) Look at this chart though. It's going up, up, up!
B) According to YOUR chart, it looks like we are now going up right on schedule, as we did 25k, 50k, 75k, 100k, and 125k years ago. Climate change is nothing new, it happened to Egypt, the Vikings in Greenland, during the Roman era in Britain, and during the renaissance in europe.
A) ...
A) but but--this is SCIENCE! researched by SCIENTISTS! Don't you think these smart guys and their peer-reviewed studies took that into consideration??
B) Maybe. Or maybe pushing the panic button gets more grant money than saying "everything's A-Okay!".

Did I miss anything?

Well meat,

I'm afraid that while it appears you covered it all you did forget the most important part. . . ." it's all Bush's fault!". Other than that, great post. :D

bobn said:

Hobbit said:
Ok, I'm calling you on that statistic.
:link:

http://www.deh.gov.au/soe/2001/atmosphere/atmosphere02-16.html

http://cdiac.ornl.gov/ftp/trends/co2/maunaloa.co2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gas

http://www.cmdl.noaa.gov/ccgg/trends/

Forum List

Back