More About Newt's Work For GSE Coming To Light

Discussion in 'Politics' started by g5000, Jan 30, 2012.

1. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,621
    Newt Gingrich repeatedly claims he was not a "lobbyist" for Freddie Mac. He usually follows up such a statement with a claim that he did not speak to Congress about Freddie Mac until 2008, at which time he told Congress not to give the GSEs any money.

He no longer makes the claim he warned Freddie Mac that what they were doing was "insane". You can click on the second link in my signature to see his lying in full bloom.

When Newt says he is not a "lobbyist", he is being disingenuous in the extreme. He is using the legal definition of a "lobbyist" so that he can squirm out of the taint on a technicality.

This is how he distracts from the fact he did work for Freddie Mac and advised their top lobbyist how to talk to Congress.

So while Newt did not talk directly to Congress, he certainly was part of the lobbying team which did.

Freddie Mac hired Gingrich as it reshaped strategy | Reuters

So Gingrich was hired to help undermine the conservative efforts to rein in the GSEs!

I want you to click on the first link in my signature. It is the transcript of a meeting Gingrich had with Freddie Mac employees in 2007 in which he praised their work to the skies.

Since it is on the internet archive, you may have to copy and past the link into the Wayback Machine's home page to get to it.

But read it.

If you are a Republican conservative who thinks the GSEs played a big part in the economic meltdown, then you should know what kind of man is passing himself as a hero who tried to stop them.

He is worse than a bald faced liar. He is part of the enterprise that brought the whole house of cards down.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. GuyPinestra

GuyPinestra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I don't know why you bother, anyone who supports Newk 'The Puke' Gingrinch is going to make excuses for his bald-faced lying just like they have made excuses for his serial adultery. They blithely follow their Pied Piper all the way down to the sea, which would be fine with me except for the fact that they're dragging the rest of us along for the swim.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1