Morality of Wealth Redistribution

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
What's your opinion on the morality of taking money from those who earned it and giving it to people who haven't? Not talking about people who cannot earn their own money but rather those who choose not to. And can you recommend any books or writings on the subject?

Seems to me basic self worth is at least in part a reflection on your independence. Or at least contributing something, your own labor or time to your family or community. This country does not like freeloaders, and while there is a certain amount of leeway in tough times like we're in now, at some point opinions change.

So are we morally right to redistribute somebody else's wealth or deny people support in an effort to incentivize them to be more productive members of society?

Like how the government subsidizes the oil companies? They receive money they didn't earn. Let's give that money back to the people who earned it: the taxpayers.

Stop having donor states give the taxpayer's money to states that receive it. In my state we give some of our hard earned tax dollars to other states, who haven't earned it.

Anybody who doesn't support these two things, isn't really serious about being against the redistribution of wealth.

Like how the government subsidizes the oil companies? They receive money they didn't earn. Let's give that money back to the people who earned it: the taxpayers.

Stop having donor states give the taxpayer's money to states that receive it. In my state we give some of our hard earned tax dollars to other states, who haven't earned it.

Anybody who doesn't support these two things, isn't really serious about being against the redistribution of wealth.

We sure do here in Louisiana... the Feds rape us for billions and then give it to fuckwad blue states so they can make their transfer payments.

Last edited:
Social programs are only "good" when they are temporary in nature unless the person is proven incapable of providing financial needs.
Unemployment insurance is a great example of a "good" social program.
Food Stamps, AFDC etc. etc, is a great example of a failed program.

What's your opinion on the morality of taking money from those who earned it and giving it to people who haven't? Not talking about people who cannot earn their own money but rather those who choose not to. And can you recommend any books or writings on the subject?

Seems to me basic self worth is at least in part a reflection on your independence. Or at least contributing something, your own labor or time to your family or community. This country does not like freeloaders, and while there is a certain amount of leeway in tough times like we're in now, at some point opinions change.

So are we morally right to redistribute somebody else's wealth or deny people support in an effort to incentivize them to be more productive members of society?

Do you know anything about ..piracy?

just saying.

HOW does gubmint subsidize Oil companies? Giving them TAX breaks to get the oil flowing? Producing revenue? Creating JOBS?

Tax breaks aren't giving them anything....but allowing them to KEEP their money to invest for commerce that affects the entire economy.

You Statists have alot to learn.

We sure do here in Louisiana... the Feds rape us for billions and then give it to fuckwad blue states so they can make their transfer payments.

Ultimate coercion..money laundering...

Hey, I've got a great idea.......

Why doesn't the government give back all of the money to those who earned it?????: :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

Hey, I've got great idea.......

Why doesn't the government give back all of the money to those who earned it?????: :eusa_angel:

And cease giving it to the MOOCHER class?

This country does not redistribute wealth by confiscating it from some and giving it to others. We have a legal tax structure detailing what you contribute to society.
The way we do redistribute wealth is by passing laws that make it easier for some groups to accumulate wealth than others

The biggest redistribution of wealth has happened since 1980 as the middle class has lost wealth to the rich

yeah, it gets old watching them grovel before Congress>
WallStreet-300x163.jpg

yeah, it gets old watching them grovel before Congress>
WallStreet-300x163.jpg

And the only reason they do it is for thier POWER over others...and what's sickening is so many BUY into the promise of Gubmint taking care of things the people should DO for themselves...the INDIVIDUAL should do for themselves...

Redistribution of wealth is immoral.

However, I have to agree with RW on this one. Today, in this country, the redistribution of wealth is not going from rich to poor. It is rather going from the middle class to the rich. That does not make it any less immoral.

We should all be paying for the services this country provide for us. That is why we should be paying taxes. We should not have to pay taxes so that corporations can have larger profit margins. $21 Billion to five oil companies... WTF? One of those companies of which made almost $11 billions in the first quarter alone.

Immie

PS Don't mind me... I'm pissed off at the world lately.

Last edited:

HOW does gubmint subsidize Oil companies? Giving them TAX breaks to get the oil flowing? Producing revenue? Creating JOBS?

Tax breaks aren't giving them anything....but allowing them to KEEP their money to invest for commerce that affects the entire economy.

You Statists have alot to learn.

Because they give oil companies more breaks than they do most other industries. That's why. The oil industry isn't the only industry that creates jobs, and fuels (no pun intended) our economy.

I can't think of one other industry that gets as nice benefits from the government as the oil companies do. Now I'm not suggesting we take away people's earned money-I'm saying let's treat all industries on the same standard. The government showing preference for some industries over others isn't really an example of capitalism, if anything it's closer to another system that many people on the right bash (and rightfully so).

Me too. I loathe giving my Tax money towards policies that allow the extremely wealthy to control this country by way of buying politicians and policy.

Hey... You know how you conservatives feel abortion is murder and that a scared pregnant teenager ought to be held accountable and perhaps be deemed a murderer if she aborts?

That's the way I feel about our corporate class. If they want to abandon their home country and choose to invest in China, Mexico, India and other countries... they should be held accountable, deemed a traitor and be deported to the country that makes them their fortune.

I LOATHE giving my tax money to moochers.

Me too. So let's stop taxing the oil companies at a much lower rate than almost all other industries. Let's have a fair tax, or are you not for that?

Let's end the concept of donor states who fund other states. I'm tired of picking up the bill for other states, and giving them my hard earned money (and living in Florida like I do-I hope you are too).

Forum List

Back