Morality and Religion

What kind of moral is it to kill people for what they might do?

The Bush doctrine.

We have organizations that gather information and the president acts and makes decisions based on that information. Why did Obama carry on with bush's decisions ?

I'm am sure a nonintelligent source of creation would think of such a mechanism,to help guide us through our lives.

There is no source of creation, intelligent or otherwise.

I didn't say that God was that voice.

Indeed you did not, and that was dishonest of you.

Last edited:
Very simple answer as to what the moral compass really is,it's our conscience. There are those who are insane and even warp their conscience.

No matter the Ideology,i include the atheists and evolutionists in this category. The reason there are morals in all walks of life is because the unseen force that speaks to our hearts about what is right and what is wrong. It's the conscience that God gave to all it surely is not product of evolution.

To disprove your argument one may argue that what's 'right and wrong' was not at all consistent. If god "wispers" within us , how come people have different moral values in different times in history and in different geographical regions ? For example in acncient times (well and not so ancient) it was morally acceptable to own slave and treat them as property.

Actually it's like Dragon said , morality is a learned behavior, and it's largely depends on education and social behavior.

We are all slaves in some form to survive.

You said :
The reason there are morals in all walks of life is because the unseen force that speaks to our hearts about what is right and what is wrong.
Does that 'Unseen force that speaks to our hearts' have different opinions about what's wrong and right in different time periods and different geographical areas ?

We are all slaves in some form to survive
Irrelevant to my argument , but thanks anyway.

To disprove your argument one may argue that what's 'right and wrong' was not at all consistent. If god "wispers" within us , how come people have different moral values in different times in history and in different geographical regions ? For example in acncient times (well and not so ancient) it was morally acceptable to own slave and treat them as property.

Actually it's like Dragon said , morality is a learned behavior, and it's largely depends on education and social behavior.

You said :
The reason there are morals in all walks of life is because the unseen force that speaks to our hearts about what is right and what is wrong.
Does that 'Unseen force that speaks to our hearts' have different opinions about what's wrong and right in different time periods and different geographical areas ?

Not Irrelevant,it's a fact.

I also said people ignore that conscience even to the point of warping that conscience to make their bad decisions seem appropiate decisions.

Example,terrorist do things that are wrong and they convince themselves these disgusting acts are justified. A normal human being knows to do what terrorists do come from a twisted conscience.

If we ignore that conscience it sometimes comes at a price.

You said :

I also said people ignore that conscience even to the point of warping that conscience to make their bad decisions seem appropiate decisions.

Example,terrorist do things that are wrong and they convince themselves these disgusting acts are justified. A normal human being knows to do what terrorists do come from a twisted conscience.

Not Irrelevant,it's a fact.[/QUOTE]
Code:
cos^2(a)+sin^2(a) = 1
it's a fact , but it's irrelevant to this discussion like your previous comment.

I still don't see how your argument explains different moral behaviors in different eras and geographical areas.

I'm am sure a nonintelligent source of creation would think of such a mechanism,to help guide us through our lives.

So what do you call things that come into existence.

Was the pc ,cars,and homes a product of creation and design.

Why does the word creation bother you ?

You said :

Code:
cos^2(a)+sin^2(a) = 1
it's a fact , but it's irrelevant to this discussion like your previous comment.

I still don't see how your argument explains different moral behaviors in different eras and geographical areas.[/QUOTE]

Because some do not follow their conscience,pretty simple really.

How is that dishonest of me ? i don't believe that unseen voice that speaks to my heart is God. But really i don't know for sure it could be God trying to get us to do the right thing.

People don't always follow their conscience and that is where guilt comes from when we do something wrong that we knew was wrong.

So what do you call things that come into existence.

That the existence of the universe does not require creator is demonstrable mathematically.

Let X be the world observed.

Either X has a source, call it X1, or it does not.

If X has a source, call it X1, then either X1 has a source, call it X2, or it does not.

In the end, there must be some entity, X(n), that does not have a source.

Thus, it is possible, and indeed inevitable, for reality at some level to exist without anything ever causing it to exist.

Thus, there is no reason why the universe cannot exist without anything ever causing it to exist.

Since we have no direct evidence of anything causing the universe to exist, and since there is no logical reason why a cause of the universe MUST exist, the most economical explanation for the existence of the universe is that nothing causes it to exist, it simply does exist.

Intelligence exists as part of the universe, implicit in natural law and the organization of matter and energy, space and time; explicit in the emergence of organisms capable of intelligent thought. But like the universe itself, there is no need for the intelligence of the universe to be caused by anything, it simply is.

Causation applies to processes within the universe, but not to the universe as a whole.

I still don't see how your argument explains different moral behaviors in different eras and geographical areas.

Because some do not follow their conscience,pretty simple really.

Yeah , but why people in particular geographical areas follow their conscience more , while in other area people follow it less ? You don't seem to have an answer to that :doubt:.

Another point, in a modern society a moral person would not treat other people badly based on their sexual orientation.
So the "Unseen force" tells people they should not treat homosexuals as evil. However religion directly conflicts with this "Unseen force" , don't you find it a bit strange ?

549563_267167216703478_130148817071986_594930_1549168590_n.jpg

Forum List

Back