Moral question for Americans

Last coronation was ....???

Yes we have many lovely old buildings...as does Italy and France and Spain etc... but that is all religion is in the first world...

I love travelling through Italy and seeing the amazing churches... stunning artwork...

However its history... just like capital punishment, cannabalism, burning witches etc...

One day, when the US joins the first world... you will have the same understanding...without the beautiful buildings of course.

Do not talk to us about the first world. By the way about Rule Britannia! Britannia rules the waves no longer! That belongs to the US now. So keep you queen and your royal family and we'll keep the power, kthx.

Do not talk to us about the first world. By the way about Rule Britannia! Britannia rules the waves no longer! That belongs to the US now. So keep you queen and your royal family and we'll keep the power, kthx.

Are you powerful Haro?

Or are you poor, uneducated, never have any holidays, and believe in stone age fairytales?

I think the latter...

regards,

Priscilla Presley.

Are you powerful Haro?

Or are you poor, uneducated, never have any holidays, and believe in stone age fairytales?

I think the latter...

regards,

Priscilla Presley.

Alright then, let us get this cleared up.
1. I am not poor, but that is the difference between you and we Americans, it does not matter to us if you are poor or rich.
2. I am not uneducated, I am actually in a magnet school.
3. We have holidays, Easter, Christmas, Ramadan, etc.
4. If you are referring to religion, I have decided not to believe everything I am told about theology and studied many other religions instead looking down on them.
5. I do not care who you are.

They must be for obese american tourists and other third world visitors from Africa... religion is big in Africa you know?

That must be why your culture is so bland. You have a rugby, soccer (my mistake 'football'), and the highlight of your day, tea time.

You know the interesting thing here is the "concept" that the United States is the source of evil and war in the world. I am frankly always taken aback by the assesment the United States is the world's bully as some have alleged, but is rather one of the few remaining countries in the world with a still strong National sense of pride. No country has a history that they can brag about as far as how they have treated their fellow citizens , but it is a growth process, and our country has grown from a country that was formed where only wealthy land owner's chose who our leader's were to a country that inludes all people of all races who have made sacrifices for this nation. Dory Miller for example an African American who during the bombing of Pearl Harbor was credited with shooting down one the first japanese planes and died later in the war when his ship was sunk, and Christmas Adux who was also African American who was believed to have shot the first shot in the american revolution and the almost a million americans that gave their lives in the defense of Europe and Asia ( white, black, asian). We are a country of peoples from all backgrounds and heritages and to point a finger at the United States from any other country remember,you are pointing a finger at someone here that is of your very same heritage.

We have come when called, to help our friends in Europe and Asia, and all over the world , Americans have laid down their lives so that many of the worlds peoples now live the way they do and asked nothing in return. You don't believe, take a look at the Marshall Plan and when you do, thank an American for rebuilding the devestated Europe after WW2. We are not in people's in gardens as many would like to portray us, but we are one of the few countries that still believe that a nation has the right to defend itself no matter where that may be. I'm sorry people , but war is a not pretty , it's evil, and people die, but the struggle for liberty has never been easy. Liberty is not something that is free but is a heritage handed to us all from those that came before us and all of us have a duty to pass that onto the next generation.

I'm sorry that some people worldwide see the United States in a bad light , this has always been that way though and won't change. They choose not to accept the great responsibility that freedom brings and castigate those that defend it for them. So when you take the time to blame the United States for the worlds problems just remember that when the next crisis comes , we will be there once more as we have always been.

"The struggle of today, is not altogether for today -- it is for a vast future also" Lincoln 1861

Sounds like someone is still sore from the revolution...American Experiment,wtf? That is what the British called America during the Civil War when they thought we were done.

The United States of America is less than 250 years old as a national concept. Every European representative of Western Civilization is at least 1500 years old and has seen many forms of government.

In the eyes of the rest of the world America is an ongoing experiment and the jury is still out on the results...

-Joe

"Two sides to every story"?

On its face that means America has its side and is right to pursue its interests...so your mind-numbingly vacant talking point fails under its own weight...

...BUT...

I would love to hear the supposed sympathetic side of Stalinists and jihadists you think deserves equal treatment.

Please, I'm simply aching with curiosity.

As for friends. The self-serving regimes of Putin and the now retired Chirac are not friends. They are opportunists at best. Those are people best ignored and never to be sought after for their opinion.

Dear Asshole in the Void:

I said two saids to every "coin". Stories are rhetoric subject to change. Coins are cast. Either you didn't understand my post or simply choose to be obtuse.

I think your response was without substance but I appreciate the time you took to post it.

The United States of America is less than 250 years old as a national concept. Every European representative of Western Civilization is at least 1500 years old and has seen many forms of government.

In the eyes of the rest of the world America is an ongoing experiment and the jury is still out on the results...

-Joe

I say the jury is in and America has failed as a Democracy just far.

Think about it:

At first, only white males who owned land and had good standing in the church could vote. (1790's)

Then it was changed to only white males.

Then it was changed to Whites and Black males. (1860's after the Civil War though there was much opposition to Blacks voting so they truly didn't get a full right to vote throughout this country until past the 1960's.)

Then Women finally got the right to vote in 1920.

So not everybody in America has even had the right to vote for 88 years in a country that is a little over 200 years old.

In my opinion? That's pathetic.

Dear Asshole in the Void:

I said two saids to every "coin". Stories are rhetoric subject to change. Coins are cast. Either you didn't understand my post or simply choose to be obtuse.

I think your response was without substance but I appreciate the time you took to post it.
OK platypus42,

Two sides to every coin. Got it.

So give us the flipside of the coin that says we should play in the "world sandbox" with the Stalinists and jihadists. Why should we kowtow to them when the world would be so much better off without them?

Who cares if the see the US as a threat. People like that should see all decent people as a threat. Let them be threatened. Let the Stalinists and jihadists sleep with one eye open. People with courage and convictions don't have to pander to them. Certainly free people don't.

Then there's you. Appeaser. Hand-wringer. You want to blame America and in so doing you justify the worst tyrants of the world.

Coins flip. So do fingers.

We actually bribed Japan into democracy. First by reindistrializing them secondly by giving the the right to import goods into this nation.
Hey, sometimes bribery is the cheapest path to peace.

All Japans friendship with us, basically cost Americans originally was our auto industry.

Good move on their part. We now owe them more money than we do any other country in the world.

Good move on their part. We now owe them more money than we do any other country in the world.

Don't you mean China? :lol:

I'm pretty sure it's China since we borrowed money from them in order to go invade Iraq and we get everything from there.

OK platypus42,

Two sides to every coin. Got it.

So give us the flipside of the coin that says we should play in the "world sandbox" with the Stalinists and jihadists. Why should we kowtow to them when the world would be so much better off without them?

Who cares if the see the US as a threat. People like that should see all decent people as a threat. Let them be threatened. Let the Stalinists and jihadists sleep with one eye open. People with courage and convictions don't have to pander to them. Certainly free people don't.

Then there's you. Appeaser. Hand-wringer. You want to blame America and in so doing you justify the worst tyrants of the world.

Coins flip. So do fingers.

Well... who are you to say the world would be better off without anyone?

Why should we care if the US is seen as a threat? Because no one likes to be threatened. It just increases the anger and resolve to fight back. I'd much prefer the US be seen as a stable world power, one to respected and emulated.

You truly think I want justification for tyranny? Get serious. Neither do I blame America or Americans but we've made some bad decisions in the last few years. There's a saying among carpenters... measure twice, cut once. In our angst over 9/11, we measured only once.

Oh... the Platypus42 was a bit lame but I give you kudos on "coins flip, so do fingers". :clap2: I'll consider myself flipped! :lol:

No... actually we owe Japan more money than we do China. As of April 2008, we owed Japan about $92 billion more than we owed China.

I assume your taking inflation and interest into account.

Because I'd like to see where you got these numbers from. Not that I don't believe you or anything.

I assume your taking inflation and interest into account.

Because I'd like to see where you got these numbers from. Not that I don't believe you or anything.

:lol: No problem. Just "google" US Foreign Debt and pick your site. The total figure makes up just of 25% of our total debt.

Foreign owners of US Treasury Securities (April 2008)
Nation billions of dollars

Japan 592.2
China, Mainland 502
United Kingdom 251.4
Oil Exporters 153.9
Brazil 149.5
Carib Bnkng Cntrs 115.4
Luxembourg 84.8
Hong Kong 63.1
Russia 60.2
Norway 45.3
Germany 44
Taiwan 42.6
Switzerland 42.5
Korea 40.5
Mexico 38
Singapore 33.3
Turkey 31.1
Thailand 27.9
Canada 24
Ireland 18.5
Netherlands 15.5
Sweden 13.1
Egypt 12.7
Belgium 12.5
Poland 12.5
Italy 10.6
India 10.5
All Other 154.2
Grand Total 2601.8

don't try to be logical with this bunch.

they don't see it as bullying or aggression... they see it as somehow our right to do as we please regardless of how that impacts the rest of the world.

Americans are stupid and selfish...it's really that simple.

spoken like a true simpleton....:blahblah:

Well... who are you to say the world would be better off without anyone?
Reserving that right exclusively to yourself, I see.

You seem opinionated enough to tell us how we should conduct ourselves vis-a-vis the Irans and North Koreas of the world.

Give me one good reason why the regimes of Iran or North Korea should NOT feel threatened by the nations and people who are materially and morally better than they are.

Forum List

Back