Moral question for Americans

Last I checked Indians still exist, So much for Genocide. I guess we were just incompetent right?

do you know what genocide means? it is the attempted murder of an entire race. there can still be people left after a genocide, but that doesnt mean that millions didnt die.

study some history. the europeans, colonists, and americans treated the native americans like shit. signing treaties then breaking them, giving them a reservation and then taking it back, overrunning a town and taking all the children and babies and forcing them to go to 'assimilation schools.' giving 'gifts' of smallpox infested blankets. but yeah, that was all totally justified because they were 'weaker.' someone as ignorant as you has no right to call someone else a retard (which i know a social worker will give you an earful about using that phrase)

don't try to be logical with this bunch.

they don't see it as bullying or aggression... they see it as somehow our right to do as we please regardless of how that impacts the rest of the world.

Americans are stupid and selfish...it's really that simple.

Good post.

Americans are dumb as a box of rocks. They elected George Bush twice and now they want to elect Grampa Munster and the ignoramus Palin.

Oh for heaven's sake.

Americans are not as dumb as a box of rocks. PEOPLE, the world over, can sometimes be motivated by fear. You're not going to erase that - it's hardwired. Best you can do is appeal to their better instincts.

Dear Americans,

I have a moral question for you people.

I want all American people to ask them selfs this question:

If you had a neighbourhood bully living in your street who constantly intimidates you and tells you what to do and threatens you with force everytime you wouldnt comply with his demands,

A bully that would go into your garden and would take anything he wants from you and tells you what you should grow or have in your garden.
What would you do?

Seriously people?
What would you do?

Would you allow the neighbourhood bully to reign in your neighbourhood?
Or would you stand up to him with all of your neighbours?

Im quite sure all of you people agree that the bully should be stopped.
Because no one wants a tirant to reign their neighbourhoods.

So, why in Gods name do you allow your government to act this way?

In my and almost all the rest of the worlds view America has become the Worlds bully, thinking it has the legitimicy to act as the world police and constantly telling other people and coutries how to live their lives and puting up sanctions on country's that do not reply.
Invading countries for oil and saying it was to search for weapons of mass destruction.
As i recall the first thing American troops did when invading Iraq was making sure the ministry of oil was well protected.
Were there weapons of mass destruction there?
Or was it for oil only?

Don't get me wrong, i love America, at least i used to love America as an European. It was a great country and still could be.
But this new politics is killing America and all it stands for!

After 8 years of scare tactics by the Bush administration and probably the worsed financial and foreign policy ever in American history how can anyone vote for senator McCain?

Seriously?

With respect to McCain as being a war hero and all, why in Godsname would anyone pick a guy that's been playing wargames all his live and supported almost all bills of the Bush administration?
The man thinks every issue should be handled with force and war.
Do you McCain voters have any idea what is going on in the world?
Or are you people so blinded by your media you can't see what's really going on in the world?

The coming elections of 2008 are maybe the most important ones ever in American history.

Do American's allow their beautifull country to fall into the hands of another world tirant(McCain) who will continue the scare politics in search for personal intrests like Bush and Cheney did?
Or in the hands of a wise man whom speaks from the heart and will act as a bridgebuilder bringing people together(Obama).

I think people should look at situations from both side's
Yes, there are allot of muslim countries that are real angry at America.
But why is that?

Could that have anything to do with the fact that the American government is supporting regimes that keep all wealth for themselves and giving nothing to it's people? like Saoudi Arabia for instance? only to get cheap oil?

Is it because America is constantly telling other countries and people how to live their lives?

The only way forward to a better world is by understanding and dialoque.
War can give advantages on the short run, but in the long run it will allways have great consequences for the bully and its people.
Look at history, all of the worlds bully's and their countries will eventually fall...

Please read some non-US news sites on situations in the world and look at situations from both sides.

And do the world a real big favor and vote wisely!

Us liberals are embarrassed about the GOP and the people that voted them into power, defended their bad decisions, turned a blind eye when they stole the last two elections, lied us into Iraq, tried to start a war with Iran, and allowed them to torture, spy, take away rights, render citizens, take away habius corpus, etc.

We are sorry. This election will either tell the rest of the world that America is still a great place or going down hill.

I love it that the GOP talks about the moral decay of America when they themselves are causing it!!!

Us liberals are embarrassed about the GOP and the people that voted them into power, defended their bad decisions, turned a blind eye when they stole the last two elections, lied us into Iraq, tried to start a war with Iran, and allowed them to torture, spy, take away rights, render citizens, take away habius corpus, etc.

We are sorry. This election will either tell the rest of the world that America is still a great place or going down hill.

I love it that the GOP talks about the moral decay of America when they themselves are causing it!!!

Speak for yourself! As dumb as some of America has been to elect GWB for two terms, I feel no need to apologize to any other country, much less to an arrogant kaas kop met een moder dat heeft een snor!

Speak for yourself! As dumb as some of America has been to elect GWB for two terms, I feel no need to apologize to any other country, much less to an arrogant kaas kop met een moder dat heeft een snor!

You know what? You are right. As many jobs as we have sent to Europe, Russia, China, Canada, Mexico and India, screw them all!!!!

They should be kissing George Bush's ass.

Thank you for helping me realize that.

Over the last 25 or so years, Americans have become a people who will not be inconvenienced evidenced by the massive debt we've individually incurred. We've become and "I, me, and mine" society, one which believes we're entitled. When things go amuck, we always find someone or something to shoulder the blame. It's never our fault. We never hold ourselves responsible, let alone accountable.

Is it such a wonder that we govern and are governed by the same attitude and that the rest of the world sees us a bullies?

And don't give me the old "love it or leave it" crap. I love this country. I'm not ready to throw it under the bus. But, as one tagline reads, "There is no them".

Who is it we're supposed to be bullying? Chavez? Castro? Amadinejad? bin Laden? Saddam? Zaraqawi? al Sadr? Saddam? Kim Jung Il? Putin? Assad?

Victims all, I'm sure.

The bullying is Bush's aggression over diplomacy. And, we went into Iraq without a UN resolution, I think. That said "we don't care what anyone else thinks, we're doing it anyway."

You can say whatever you want about the UN, but I think anyone outside the US sees the invasion as a pretty bullyish move.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back