Moore to release F911 dvd in october

No - it means he is trying to get it out to as many people as possible before the election.

We should organize a "BUY and BURN A DVD" event. Set aside a national date where everyone buys the damn thing and then immediately goes outside and setis it on fire.

What are those web things where eveyone goes to some appointed place at the appointed time and does something freaky?

Let's do it. OCTOBER 5TH IS THE RELEASE DATE.

He's an extremist Coulter/Franken/Maher-esque ranter. Why do people bother talking about him on this board so much, he's just not worth it.

HGROKIT said:
No - it means he is trying to get it out to as many people as possible before the election.

We should organize a "BUY and BURN A DVD" event. Set aside a national date where everyone buys the damn thing and then immediately goes outside and setis it on fire.

What are those web things where eveyone goes to some appointed place at the appointed time and does something freaky?

I'm pretty sure Avatar was being sarcastic...any movie that makes 125 million + in the box office isn't a bust.

And you want everyone to buy this guy's DVD to give him MORE capital to make even MORE partisan crap?

nakedemperor said:
I'm pretty sure Avatar was being sarcastic...any movie that makes 125 million + in the box office isn't a bust.

And you want everyone to buy this guy's DVD to give him MORE capital to make even MORE partisan crap?
You missed the point on both accounts.

First, no i wasnt being sarcastic. movies dont come out on dvd fast unless they dont do well in the theatres. if this movie was doing as well in the theatres it would still be there. they wouldnt have to plan a dvd release.

Second, I refuse to purchases a single thing that guy will profit off of. But id be willing to invest in some hamburger stands near his house to take his money:)

Third, Is it me or he just being stupid here? he released his film and Bush got a bump in the polls. And now he wants to release it right before the election and somehow the movie that didnt hurt him in june is going to hurt him in october. That makes so sense.

Seriously the Democrats are playing this election totally wrong. I think the economist prediction of Bush winning with 57%+ of the vote is going to be a rather simple accomplishment.

Agreed on the bombing portion - yeah it made some money, but that was an anomoly.

I still thinkg the organized burning of his crap sounds like fun.

He is self absorbed and I think him getting so much attention at the convention really has him convinvced he is some kind of icon and his shit will make a difference. I hope he keeps his ugly mug and stupid shit out there - it will ensure a Dem loss.

No it did well. There are many sheep out there. His release date is a further ploy by either him or his newly found DNC buddies to make it fresh in people's minds just before their eventual thumping at the polls.

If MM is one thing, he's a marketing Genius.

HGROKIT said:
You missed the point on both accounts.

I missed the point Avatar because he wasn't being saracastic...he was just wrong. In terms of how much it cost, making 125 million is a HUGE financial success. And it still is in theatres in places.

And as to you burning DVDs...I understood that it was a sign of protest but imagine the money MM would make if everyone did that? He's already the minority viewpoint, what does he care if he gets protested?

Will wonders never cease.

I have to agree with nakedemperor on this one. He had no actors to pay, just himself and what film crew he had, traveling expenses, and however much it cost him to fake that headline, which probably wasn't much. Very little overhead means big profits from smaller box office, and it actually didn't do to bad as far as box office anyway. This DVD release is all about the election.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Will wonders never cease.

I have to agree with nakedemperor on this one. He had no actors to pay, just himself and what film crew he had, traveling expenses, and however much it cost him to fake that headline, which probably wasn't much. Very little overhead means big profits from smaller box office, and it actually didn't do to bad as far as box office anyway. This DVD release is all about the election.

Agreed. I read a story a while ago and they were talking about when F911 would be released on DVD shortly after it hit the theatres. If memory serves me correctly, MM didnt want to release it until it ran its course through the theatres (most likely money hungry) while alot of Dems wanted it prior to the election. This is all about the election, nothing else.

I wont be one buying a DVD to burn it simply because it benefits him for me to do so. He could probably gives two shits what I do with my DVD as long as he's got more money in his pocket. Id be very interested if anyone comes up with a Plan B tho.

Off topic: Jimmy... on your Avatar... is that at the Flight 93 Memorial?

nakedemperor said:
He's an extremist Coulter/Franken/Maher-esque ranter. Why do people bother talking about him on this board so much, he's just not worth it.

Hey! Don't EVER place Coulter in the same category with mental midgets like Al Franken and MM! :321:

:blowup:

HGROKIT said:

I like your sentiment HG, and I'd do anything to hurt that fatass, commie, frickin' pig, fuck. I'd kick his ass but shit splatters.

But I understand what the others are saying about, "don't give that asslick any of your money". Let's brain storm between now and the release date and come up with an idea that WON'T benefit mm any more money, but will hurt his release of that filthy, anti-American, bullshit he calls F9/11.

It is a smart move. For one, it will encourage those who haven't seen it on screen to pay out more money for the dvd....all this before the election (as someone mentioned already). Second, why not make as much money as you can before this movie becomes dust? - after the election. Still there is hype about the movie and so why not make more money (there is more to made in video sales than the screen these days - for most films) now?

No one ever went broke underestimating the intellegence of man....there are people out there who have nothing else to waste their money on that a twenty dollar disc. That money , earned from capitizing on an American tragedy, will fall right into MM's pockets...why not right? Me? I would never waste my money on it....but if you do...more power to MM...I do not respect him in any way - but regardless, he is in the business of making money at the end of the day at a tragic expense....
Enjoy.

Vote Bush 2004.

Forum List

Back