Moore Movie Blocked

Thats basically what i am saying. He is a hypocrit

It still doesn't address the issues he brings up in his documentaries. It's just trying to belittle the guy you disagree with rather than prove where he lied.

Originally posted by sponge
Attacks our country? I hardly think putting out documentaries portraying a perspective that would never be seen, as "attacking". At the most, it's political propoganda. A lot of the time it's exposing the injustices in our country and trying to shed some truth on things we (the general public) wouldn't normally be told. Because it doesn't agree with the right wing conservatives, it's ok to censor that? Is that what all the Mr. American Republicans are saying about this?

Yeah, because that's sooo American. :rolleyes:

Everything you said is everything we have the right to do. Would you want that made illegal? Is that more American?

And why is it so disturbing? If there isn't any truth to it, what's to be afraid of? Why even worry about it? Seems to me there is something to hide, and I don't like that. And I wouldn't think an American would approve of being denied access to see something like that. Something that supposedly doesn't agree with who is currently in power. That doesn't seem like a little much for anyone?

If the "powers that be" don't engage in deceptive behavior, documentaries like what Michael Moore make wouldn't be made.

You seem to think that Bush is an Evil genious that controls everything. Oil, Politics, and now Movies. Yet in the next sentence your ilk will call him a moron and a poor speaker. Grasping at straws are we.

Anyway, Disney is a corporation. A corporation primary function is too make money. While they might make some shortterm gains in revenue with the movie, they might lose that in low attendance at their themeparks or merchandising sales in the stores or ratings on their TV channels which would reduce Advertising Sales due to being associated with a Left-Wing nutjob like Moore. It is a corporations job to look out for the stockholders interests. That basically means they need to make money in order to keep their shares at a good price.

Being associcated with this guy will be like poison and they want nothing to do with it. They and Miramax have said this long before the Cannes film festival which conviently comes this week. Moore is merely making publicity for himself, which is a good Captilistic practice to generate interest in his product. Everyone knows that someone else will buy this movie and produce it. Miramax and Disney have merely said it aint gonna be them.

Simply put, its smart business, not Censorship.

It still doesn't address the issues he brings up in his documentaries. It's just trying to belittle the guy you disagree with rather than prove where he lied.

Well if he didnt fabricate half the crap in his movies maybe we could deal with some issues.

War for oil, ring a bell? Where are the WMDs? Another hackneyed battlecry. His furthering of the accusations by other leading Democrats that Bush Killed civilians on purpose? Need i say more

Well we cannot dispute this new moive yet, however if he continues his track record from Bowling there will be plenty to dispute. As for Bowling he should have recieved an Oscar for creative editing.

http://www.houseofdiabolique.com/archives/moore010504.html

You mean like liberals do to conservatives all damn day long?

see if you can soak this up.

http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/

check site out. An index of the lies in bowling for columbine is below

Truth About Bowling for Columbine:
The ultimate recourse to unveiling Bowling for Columbine scene by scene, line by line, lie by lie.

'Bowling for Columbine'
Flaws in the name and meaning behind the movies title

Michael @ the bank
The opening scene that was staged, misrepresented and nonsensical in the first place

Moore's NRA Membership
Moore manipulation

Hunting Dog Video
Staged scene that tricks the viewer

Moore on Michigan
Weak gun owner bashing

The Blind Gun owner
The facts Moore didn't show you in this quick clip

Lockheed Martin Missiles
Truth about the 'weapons factory' Moore blames violence on

'Wonderful World' montage
Misleading and sometimes false statements in the 'wonderful world' sequence

Air Force Vietnam Plaque
The actual inscription isn't what you're told it is in the movie

A brief history of America
Cartoon short lies about US history & the NRA

Heston NRA rally after Columbine
The real reasons and motivations for the NRA meetings depicted

Canada = heaven on earth?
Corrections, manipulations and spin involving America's comparison to Canada

Violence in other countries
Moore says America is unique in high number of gun violence
_ Canadian Wal-Mart Bullets
Moore either breaks the law or cuts the scene

Interview with Marilyn Manson
De-spinning the silly inferences and arguments

Race in America
Is Moore's diagnosis really accurate? (hint: No)

Willie Horton Ad
Distortion and tricky editing conveys false impression

Interview w/ Canadian Kids
The silly ignorance from Canadian youths that Moore props up

Dick Clark & American Bandstand
Truth about Clark being a Dick

Kayla Rolland shooting
The real story behind the Michigan child shooting

The K-mart bullets
Was it really logical to blame K-mart for the Columbine murders?

Another pro-gun rally
Anti-Heston/NRA distortion twists actual events

'Culture of Fear' author
Interview segment with an author

Interview with Charlton Heston
The trickery and deceit used to dupe the NRA president

---------------------------

Quotes from the Unhappy Cast of Bowling For Columbine

RWA, you have the most dubious sources--

"So now I am in a personal feud with Michael Moore.

So be warned Michael Moore. You have got several decades of establishment and film making experience on me, but I'm just as funny as you, just as glib as you, just as clever and I've half your age and half your weight. May the truthful win."

- Richard Bushnell

Originally posted by nycflasher
RWA, you have the most dubious sources--

"So now I am in a personal feud with Michael Moore.

So be warned Michael Moore. You have got several decades of establishment and film making experience on me, but I'm just as funny as you, just as glib as you, just as clever and I've half your age and half your weight. May the truthful win."

- Richard Bushnell

So are you trying to discredit the source instead of dealing with the facts and issues? The dude's a liar. LIAR!

Moore is a fucking idiot. Period. My home school is Columbine, but my parents made me open-enroll at Bear Creek (next to columbine). The editing in Bowling is completely bullshit, and his fabricating of almost all evidence is near profound. I hate him and live a happy life knowing that if he ever returns to Littleton he will be shot for making a disgrace of the most tragic incident to ever effect my community. And as for his books, they are also bullshit; now I want to kill myself, they weren't even funny. (Stupid White Men, I really hate him)

For all of you calling this move censorship, get over yourselves. Disney has not prohibited the movie from ever being shown, they're just not letting Miramax publish it. That's a sound business decision, not censorship. I means that Disney realizes that publishing an inflammatory movie made by a person most of America hates will be bad for business. He got booed off the stage at the Oscars. I think that was the end of his career.

This is a decision based upon that fact that Disney gets massive tax breaks from Dubya's little brother Jeb. They don't want to piss the Bush family off because then they'd actually have to pay taxes. I ask you this...should Disney have the right to keep the film if Michael Moore or another company will pay fair price for it?

Michael Moore is being silenced by a Disney because they want to keep their nice fat tax breaks in Florida.

acludem

I'm sure Moore would like people to believe that. I really have no idea why Disney does not want to distribute the film and actually I really don't care. It is their business decision to make. This whole thing is a media hype and the media whore Moore is probably wallowing in a slop of self gratification about it.

The movie will have a distributor and people will see the film.

---------------------------------------------

NEW YORK (AP) - Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11," which criticizes President Bush's handling of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and connects the Bush family with Osama bin Laden's, won't be released through Miramax Films on orders from parent company Disney.

Moore believes The Walt Disney Co. is worried the documentary will endanger tax breaks the company receives from Florida, where Bush's brother Jeb is governor.

The director says on his Web site that he was told Tuesday that Disney had "officially decided to prohibit our producer, Miramax, from distributing my new film."

But in a statement Wednesday, Disney spokeswoman Zenia Mucha said Moore has known since May 2003 that Miramax would not release his film.

Whenever it was decided, the timing couldn't be better to stir up discussion: "Fahrenheit 9/11" is making its world premiere as one of 18 films screening in competition at the Cannes Film Festival, which begins May 12.

"Heading into Cannes, you've got this whole controversy that people will be talking about - Miramax not being able to release the film. It adds to the mystique of the film, it adds to the danger," said Paul Dergarabedian, president of box-office tracker Exhibitor Relations.

"With a lot of filmmakers, this would not be a good thing," he said. "When it comes to Michael Moore, there's not really a downside to him to have controversy."

The confrontational director won an Oscar for his 2002 documentary "Bowling for Columbine," about the Columbine High School shooting and U.S. gun control policy. The film earned $21.5 million at the box office, making it the highest-grossing documentary ever. He's also known for the 1989 film "Roger & Me," which explored the effects of General Motors on his hometown of Flint, Mich.

Dergarabedian said "Fahrenheit 9/11" will find a distributor, possibly even before Cannes.

Disney chief executive Michael Eisner agreed. "That film will get a distributor easily," he told CNBC in an interview Wednesday from Disneyland.

full story

Someone will distribute this film, I agree. It just won't be a Disney owned company because Disney want's its big tax breaks from Jeb Bush.

acludem

Wow thats funny ACLU because thats the exact phrase the article says. How then do you explain Miramax not distirbuting it? Miramax receives no such tax breaks and could make up their losses with Disney on Sales from the film as it will surely be big in the Anti-Bush crowd. Or perhaps they too are looking at the larger picture. MAybe they don't want a boycott either from being labeled the company that distributed the Moore film.

Disney would lose far more than they would gain. They would lose Theme Park ticket sales, merchandising sales, TV Ad revenues from people that would associate them with Michael Moore. They made a business decision weighing their potential gains vs their potential losses and factored it out that it would be better to not distribute the Moore film.

It will get distributed by some company with nothing to lose in other areas. That company will make money of the movie and will intern make a name for itself even if its infamous.

Its not some tax conspiracy between Eisner and Bush. Its simply business.

Moore accused of publicity stunt over Disney 'ban'
By Andrew Gumbel in Los Angeles
07 May 2004

Less than 24 hours after accusing the Walt Disney Company of pulling the plug on his latest documentary in a blatant attempt at political censorship, the rabble-rousing film-maker Michael Moore has admitted he knew a year ago that Disney had no intention of distributing it.

The admission, during an interview with CNN, undermined Moore's claim that Disney was trying to sabotage the US release of Fahrenheit 911 just days before its world premiere at the Cannes film festival.

In an indignant letter to his supporters, Moore said he had learnt only on Monday that Disney had put the kibosh on distributing the film, which has been financed by the semi-independent Disney subsidiary Miramax.

But in the CNN interview he said: "Almost a year ago, after we'd started making the film, the chairman of Disney, Michael Eisner, told my agent he was upset Miramax had made the film and he will not distribute it."

Moore told CNN that Disney had "signed a contract to distribute this [film]" but got cold feet. But Disney executives insists there was never any contract. And a source close to Miramax said that the only deal there was for financing, not for distribution.

Full Story

Everything you said is everything we have the right to do. Would you want that made illegal? Is that more American?.

Here's a concept that folks like you seem to be unable to grasp: Just because you have a RIGHT to do something, doesn't mean that it is CORRECT to do it.

But your philospohy, like that of most of the ultra-left seems to revolve around what is good and right for you instead of what is best for the country that protects your rights and nurtures your freedoms.

You want to pick the fruits, but you can't be bothered to water the tree.

Originally posted by Merlin1047
Here's a concept that folks like you seem to be unable to grasp: Just because you have a RIGHT to do something, doesn't mean that it is CORRECT to do it.

But your philospohy, like that of most of the ultra-left seems to revolve around what is good and right for you instead of what is best for the country that protects your rights and nurtures your freedoms.

You want to pick the fruits, but you can't be bothered to water the tree.

excellant analogy. I beleive the name sponge is appropriate, no?

When was the last time the US government actually censored a media product? Wasn't it a "2 Live Crew" album?

We are free to criticize the government. Ask the Dixie Chicks. It does not mean that the public has to buy their items if it disagrees with their opinion.

Forum List

Back